1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current pieces don't fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipaman, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that much is clear. Time to pick the pieces you want and move the pieces you need to move to complete the puzzle.

KEEP for obvious and various reasons,
    Harden (Batman)
    CP3 (Robin, though he's dog doo right now)
    PJ (Anchor who fits)
    Green (Mascot who fits)
    Clark (Cheap and fits)

As for the rest... to hell with them. Keep 'em, move 'em, I don't care, just figure out a way to swing one, two, or all of them for pieces that fit with the list above.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Biglydick is coming back... and things will start working again - cause the players will start working again...

WhoDatStrosfan and hakeem94 like this.
  3. kjayp

oh, and btw... none of the fa agent signings (Melo, Ennis, MCW) are eligible to be traded until 12/15... so there's that...

4. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

its the jinx with that hair. Capela has to go.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

MCW just needs to be cut. Surely there's a poor man's shooter or rebounding big man out there who is worth ten bucks, but that's better than a zero.

Nene's situation also needs to be dealt with somehow. It kinda sucks to have Nene and Knight wasting space.

Hartenstein and Chriss are also deer in headlights.

We're angry at our core right now because they're visibly playing bad, but our rotation is too short for a regular season and our front court is non-existent.

6. ballhandling

ballhandling Member

I'm so disappointed on Melo, I thought he could help our offense a lot, which could make up some defensive pieces we lost this summer, but he is even struggling with c&s 3s.

ak99999 and kevtse like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I guarantee Morey has deals done before that and ready to be execute on 12/15. He has too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. kjayp

if nothing can get executed until 12/15... i'd wait to see how things are panning out once Bzdelik returns... i got the feeling he's the authoritarian that holds guys accountable (esp on d) - whereas MDA is the 'rah rah keep shooting guy'
    This team is looking undisciplined, uninspired and unmotivated...

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey is a ****ing genius. Let's just pay 40mil/year for a declining, injury prone CP3.

Capela can be replaced with literally any 7 foot big that can run and catch lobs but we're paying him like an all-star.

None of Morey's "gambles" turned out well. Melo doesn't fit our system. MCW is a joke. Ennis can't replace Ariza.

Right now we're going to have to wait till 12/5 to get any trades done it seems and by then we'll have added many more Ls to this season.

juanm34, Cdub37, bmelo and 1 other person like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah but remember he got us Harden 10 years ago. Almighty man let's relive that and be thankful of that.

farhen and bmelo like this.
  12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

keep Tucker too, the only one shooting 3s okay
    Ennis might not be Ariza but he can be our Luc

the way things are going on Phoenix I'm sure Ariza will be bought out n come back.
    bench hartestein or send to G league.
    Trade Ego just because he will opt out of contract and will want more. Plus it think he will have the same issue Ryan had last year with all the trade rumors.

arabrocket likes this.
  13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Who would want them? Let alone for better players?

cheke64 likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Word.... i once wrote bad post bout Morey but got slammed because of Harden

Ps. Reminder: neither Harden or Morey won anything yet

15. hakeemthagreat

Let's be real. We can blame others, but the problem is CP. He's had a good game or 2. But for the most part he's out there coasting. I can't comprehend this at all. Either he's hurt or he got his contract and stopped caring. His competitive edge is what made us great last year

The Greyhound 33 and maw7079 like this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all overreacting, we are missing 18-20 points a game from Gordon and another 8-10 points a game from CP3... the bench is really hurting right now

17. farhen

farhen Member

maybe be so, however let me remind you too that Harden & Murrey are the best we got

18. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

This just wouldn't line up with the guys whole personality and career. It would be the most random turnaround. It has been mentioned that he is hurt, but how hurt is the question? Like I said earlier, his reduced FT% is possibly telling about the health of his elbow. The question then becomes whether he should be resting, which the Rockets probably can't afford him to do because MCW then has to play, and then if not, how does that affect his long term prognosis for getting healthy?

jcf and malakas like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey got like 6 backup centers and none of them are playable.

and he hasn't been able to get even one real backup point guard for several seasons now.

instead he's just obsessed with scrubs who he hopes might outplay their contracts lol

major fail.

J.R. likes this.
  20. magichat281

magichat281 Member

we need jimmy butler at sf position bad.

nwtx7263 likes this.