1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current Philadelphia 76ers: Potentially the worst roster in NBA history?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Mar 12, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I am pretty sure they are. I bet Rio Grande Valley could beat them 3 out of 10 times.

It's not like they are losing close games, they are getting blown out night in, night out.

Lost 18 in a row (record is 26 which they will beat).

In the streak they have had double digit losses to:

Milwaukee @ home
    New York @ home
    Orlando @ home
    Utah @ home
    Sacramento @ home
    Lakers @ home

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Nets were really bad that one year

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Doesn't Phili already have the record for least amount of wins in a season? From years back

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

76ers got nothing on the Ralph Sampson-tanking Rockets in '83

The 76ers already have more wins (15) than the '83 Rockets entire season (14), when they were going for Ralph Sampson.

No one was even close to our loss total that year.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

They look bad. But still, Thad Young is twice the player compared to anyone on the Bobcats roster during the lockout season.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's only because Hinkie didn't start decimating his roster soon enough.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

their roster consists of 6 american city names?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I said current, and this squad has 0 wins

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You said “NBA history“, no “current“ anywhere in your post.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Misread your post, sorry.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hinkie is so good at tanking, he might successfully get a rule change.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Dominant tanker.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I dont know that anyone has deconstructed an NBA roster better than Hinkie did this year. He did exactly what he set out to do. Alot of the old timers like Barkley, etc. are going to mock Hinkie, but he'll end up having the last laugh in two or three years when they are one of the best young teams in the league for years to come.

I dont even think Hinkie is banking on getting the #1 pick. In fact I would be willing to bet that Hinkie might even be happy to get the #3 or #4 pick because of what it means contractually to get the flexibility with that player if they dont necessarily become the next Lebron.

However in this draft all of the top 7 or 8 players have the potential to be all-stars in the league, and when you look at Houston's record of who they pursued in the past in the top 5 slots, they almost always were on the money with who in that top 5, is the real deal from a talent perspective.... Hinkie, I'm sure is going to get a game changer no matter where he drafts.

Also dont forget about Noel.... this guy really should have went #1 overall due to the natural talent he has. Nobody in last years draft had the length, and athleticism that he had, and its going to be like getting 2 top 5 talented prospects at one for Philly along with potentially ANOTHER top 10 player with the NOLA pick. Philly is my rebuilding team to watch this Summer. If Michael Carter Williams is potentially going to be your 3rd or 4th best prospect on your rebuilding roster I think its safe to say that your future looks pretty freaking bright.

1 person likes this.
  15. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I think their o/u before the season was 16.5. That bet was looking really good a few weeks ago. Not sure if they can squeak out 2 more wins though for the over.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The NOLA pick will likely be better than Noel in my opinion.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm really going to enjoy watching Hinkie rebuild the Sixers because I feel like it'll be as close as we'll ever get to seeing what it would have looked like if Morey was able to rebuild the Rockets via tanking.

As dobro1229 pointed out, they could be exciting to watch as soon as next year with Nerlens, MCW, a likely top 3 pick and an additional top 10 pick.

And good lord the East needs the talent.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It should be with this draft. I was just pointing out that with how horrible this past years draft class has been, Noel now looks like someone that should have went #1 in the first place despite being hurt just cause of the talent that he has that really no one else had coming into the draft anyways. However teams like the Cavs tried to go to the safe route with players, and ended up getting burned because of it.

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

You know it's bad when a team that's lost 18 in a row is still not the worst team in the league.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, I see Hinkie becoming a villain in a season or two when his team is on the rise. Everybody is going to call him a cheater for tanking this season so blatantly.