1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current NBA-4 West matchup 3: LCAhmed vs. Jmcballer88

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Sep 18, 2012.

?

?

1. Rock

100.0%
  2. Paper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Scissors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

First to 4 votes wins!

Anyone is welcome to vote, but please break it down. You can use this scheme:

Frontcourt (who has better SF-PF-C)
    Backcourt (who has better guard combo)
    Bench
    Offense
    Defense
    Chemistry (which team's players fit on the court better)

Or just give main reasons why you think one team will win.
    If there's no explanation, the vote won't count.

LCAhmed

PG: Rajon Rondo
    SG: Joe Johnson
    SF: Kawhi Leonard
    PF: Josh Smith
    C:Marcin Gortat

Bench
    PG:Jrue Holiday
    SF: Dorell Wright
    C: Samuel Dalembert

vs.

Jmcballer88

PG Stephen Curry
    SG Ray Allen
    SF Nicolas Batum
    PF Zach Randolph
    C Dwight Howard

Bench
    Jason Terry
    Chase Budinger
    Patrick Patterson

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I have some good 3 point range fo sho

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Fronctourt: Jmcballer
    Backcourt: LCAhmed - Rondo and Joe Johnson completely outrun and out athleticise Curry + Allen
    Bench: LCAhmed
    Offense: Jmc - love the outside shooting with Curry, Allen, and Batum mixed with the inside prowess of Howard + Zebo
    Defense: LCAhmed
    Chemistry: JmcBaller - loving the mixture of talent, and display of inside and outside shooting on this team.

Winner: JMCBaller - love his mix of superstar and roleplayers. LCAhmed has a great backcourt and solid front court and better bench, so it's a close series but I give edge to Jmc

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Pretty good match up. Good luck bro!

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

frontcourt - Jmc.

Back - LCAhmed.

bench - LCAhmed.

defense - even. Dwight + ZBO + Batum = very good. LCAhmed has a huge defensive advantage in the back. Curry is ok, Allen is pretty poor at this point; Joe Johnson is good, Rondo is great.

offense. Jmc.
    LCAhmed: I like Joe Johnson next to Rondo a lot. Johnson should be playing next to a great passer. Smith isn't efficient. Gortat is solid. Spacing is ok, not great.
    Jmc: Great shooting around Dwight. ZBO for hustle points / offensive boards / occasional jumpers. This team lacks an elite penetrating dribbler, Manu would've made this offense insane. Regardless, it's a great offense.

chemistry - Jmc.

overall - Jmc.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jmc easily, one of the best teams in the draft. Spacing for LCA is pretty bad and ball handling could be wack with a high volume, not great fg% shooter like Joe teaming with Rondo. Josh Smith another chucker who jacks off tons of long midrange jumpers, passing or finding an offense would be an issue for this team.

JMC has incredible spacing and playing in/out with Howard that can dish to an open Curry, Allen, Batum would be dangerous. Transition would be smooth as these guys are athletic and can finish inside or from downtown or pull up from midrange.

Zach&Dwight form an incredible duo in the paint and Zach can knock it down from mid. PnR with Curry and Zach/Dwight=beast.

7. LCAhmed

It seems getting Smith for KG will be my downfall!

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You traded KG for Smith, wtf?!

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Frontcourt - JMC

Backcourt - LCAhmed. JMC has nice shooters but I like the overall game of LCAhmed's guards better.

Bench - LCAhmed

Offense - LCAhmed

Defense - Tie. JMC has the best defender but I also like the Rondo, Leonard and Josh Smith. I'll call it a tie.

Chemistry - JMC

LCAhmed wins

10. LCAhmed

Yeah. I like Smith, I know KG is a HOF and all this other stuff, but last season Smith outplayed KG. unfortunately people forget we are judging this off of last season play (myself included)

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You have to be a semi-fan of the Hakws and watch their games to understand it.

"Oh no, Josh camping near the 3pt line again....oh gosh he gets the ball....drive or post up you moron....nooooo...DON'T SHOOT IT FROM THERE YOU IDIOT!!!"

*2min later* "20sec on the clock, what the F is he doing just inside the 3pt line?!.....he gets the ball.....WHY YOU JACKIN THAT UP AGAIN YOU FOOL??!!!"

[​IMG]

The Hawks board implodes on those occasions.

12. LCAhmed

LOL yeah I am no Hawks fan, just a hawks highlight fan (J SMoove fan) since he is usually the only one getting highlight plays. Is it a stretch to call him a VERY POOR man's Dominique Wilkins?

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

rofl Yung-T..
    yeah, basically that. Or if you are a Pacers fan and your team plays Atlanta 3-4 times a year, Josh Smith provides some good comedy. He's very talented, but man is he dumb.

His raw stats look better this year because Horford was down, but i feel his best season was two years ago. He seemed to be getting smarter, started to play under control and everyone thought he'd finally become a superstar. But he's back to his chucking ways now. Still a good player who adds a lot, but he takes a lot off the table too.

14. LCAhmed