1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current NBA-4 East round 2: Jamers vs. lwqbulb

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Sep 20, 2012.

?

Who wins 7 games series?

1. Jamers

80.0%
  2. lwqbulb

20.0%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

First to 4 votes wins!

Anyone is welcome to vote, but please break it down. You can use this scheme:

Frontcourt (who has better SF-PF-C)
    Backcourt (who has better guard combo)
    Bench
    Offense
    Defense
    Chemistry (which team's players fit on the court better)

Or just give main reasons why you think one team will win.
    If there's no explanation, the vote won't count.

If no one gets 4 (explained) votes till 11 pm, we'll count the poll. Winning the poll gives 1 vote, and it's also a tiebreaker.

Jamers

PG - Mike Conley
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    SF - Chandler Parsons
    PF - Kevin Garnett
    C - Tyson Chandler

Bench:
    G - Jeff Teague
    FC - Brandan Wright
    G/F - Klay Thompson

vs.

lwqbulb

PG: Deron Williams
    SG: Dwyane Wade
    SF: Gordon Hayward
    PF: Paul Milsap
    C: Roy Hibbert

Bench:
    SG/SF: Ronnie Brewer
    SF/PF: Antawn Jamison
    PF/C : Andray Blatche

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

front. Jamers. Hayward vs. Parsons = meh. Hayward is probably the better player, but since his role offensively in this lineup will be small, i'll say it's even. I'd take KG-Tyson over Millsap-Hibbert.
    I like Millsap-Hibbert combo a lot though, they compliment each other well, just lose on talent at both spots.

back. lwqbulb in a blowout.

bench. Jamers, but it's close. Brewer is a nice different backup for Hayward, and this team doesn't need a playmaking backup since one of Wade/DWill can easily be on the court at all times. Jamison for Milsap is nice. Blatche is meh, but I suppose there aren't many choices at that price.
    Jamers has a bit more talent though. Thompson is also a nice different option instead of Parsons. Teague is good. Wright had a solid year.

offense. lwqbulb. Not sure who's the main ball handler, and this isn't a very athletic team up front, but regardless, this team has a lot of offensive talent.

defense. Jamers. He's worse defensively at SG and bench, better at all other spots.

chemistry. Jamers.

overall, Jamers. I think this can go either way, though. lwqbulb has a ton of talent, but Jamers defense is scary and his frontline huge, mobile and be very hard to play against on both ends.

3. Jamers

Jamers Member

<iframe width="500" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QBu28UwDzps?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2006–2011)
    3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2001–2002, 2012)

;)

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Tbh, Kobe's last few selections kills the credibility of All-D teams.
    Wade will probably not age as well as Kobe defensively, and he didn't have his best year defensively, and he has flaws like arguing with officials while the other team is running, but I'd still take Wade over Kobe by a large margin.

Kobe isn't great defensively anymore. Still very solid, but inconsistent and not nearly as quick. All-D Over Bradley, Thabo, Wade and such.... Kobe is good, but he was the 2nd or 3rd best wing defender on his team last year, after Ron Ron and Barnes.

They also have Ibaka on All-D first team... a guy who besides blocking a ton of shots is very flawed defensively.

They nail some guys on these teams, but some picks are really weird.

5. Jamers

Jamers Member

yeah, but he's still on 2nd all-defense team.. he still can defend very well.. :grin:

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

he can. i just said you lose that position defensively. because you are going against Wade

7. Jamers

Jamers Member

oh i see

8. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I think the most underrated player on my team that you guys are over looking is paul milsap. the dude is hell of a clutch player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiHOpNJXnc

And i got 2 superstars in dwade and dwill and an all star in roy hibbert.

Gordon hayward is known for his blocks as well. Although I admit Jamer's team has pretty good defence, I think my offence would be able to breakdown Jamer's team. My offence is well spaced with dwill, dwade and hayward being good shooters and cutters, while hibbert could post up. Milsap has range up to the 3 pt line as well. The penetration from dwill and dwade would wrack havoc to any team defence. And ronnie brewer is an excellent defender that can guard kobe. And andray blatche is not a bad backup as he had been a starter for the wizard for years. Jamison too! Well it's my opinion so it's up to you guys.

9. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

And Paul milsap is a tough tough player, he won't be taking **** from KG.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's 50/50 indeed, could go either way. at first glance, i thought i'd probably end up voting for lwqbulb's team here. once i broke it down, i liked Jamers' team a bit more, especially due to the matchup up front. Two very mobile defensive minded 7 footers vs. Hibs and a smaller guy can be brutal.
    KG is pretty much the perfect defender vs. Millsap, he's at his best vs. shooting bigs. And due to size difference I'm not sure Millsap will get a ton of offensive boards / putbacks, which is a big reason of why Millsap is awesome. On the other end, KG's shooting could get very painful vs. a small defender.

Hibs.. again, I love the combo of Millsap-Hibbert, great synergy there. But while Hibbert isn't slow for a 7'2 guy, he's still much slower than Chandler who's very mobile for a 7 footer. So Jamers is likely to end up with 5 guys on offense vs. 4 defenders for a couple seconds every now and then. Jamers will have two 7 footers guarded by one 6'8 guy (Millsap). Again, just a few seconds, and not all the time, but it adds up.

That backcourt is brutal though. Dwill - Wade.... It will be very hard to stop. Therefore, it can go either way.

11. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

the thing here is that lwqbulb built a great team offensively.. he got superstars all over.. he really don't have that 'ibaka', 'Parsons'. 'Tony Allen', 'Sefolosha' type of player. I agree his team is one of the best offensively, i just don't know how the offense will run when most of them demand the ball.. i think 2-3 stars are ok, but having all 5 of them demand the ball and look to shoot is insane.. and his bench andray blatch and jamison takes a lot of shot too..

13. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Well I believe gordon hayward, ronnie brewer can be the type of player you are talking about. And dwade is a great cutter and he has shown that he can play well to another great playmaker in lebron. I believe he can do the same with dwill. I believe both dwade and dwill who is sure great playmakers would able to penetrate into the team defence to either dish or score themselves. Paul milsap would spread the floor and hibbert has a solid jumpshot as well if you guys don't know that.

14. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

And I don't think Jamer's team would able to score enough points against my team. I have dwade and brewer guarding kobe which makes it all the more tougher. Though KG is a great 2nd option, he is getting older and will be outhustle by the work milsap! The length of royhibbert will bother alot of layups as well! Gordon hayward is not a bad defender too!

And I believe this guy hayward can be your 'parsons' tony allen' guy with this kind of hustle you dont see in every player.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx87atIFbKI

15. Jamers

Jamers Member

nah, kobe faced world class defenders in his career, he still unstoppable offensively.. nobody can stop him.. like lebron, you can slow him down, you cannot stop him entirely.. garnett and kobe will get their points while conley spot-up and young guys like thompson and teague coming off the bench is awesome.. you can easily read how my offense will go and who will take the shot.. While your team have a lot of option offensively and there will be a time where you don't know what to do with the ball in some situation. :grin:

the thing is, parsons, chandler, conley can focus their strength on defense.. Your team cannot do both at the same time, if they do, they will run out of gas early :grin:

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

sigh at all the voting. but, we have to finish it.
    Jamers gets 1 vote + wins the poll.

Jamers wins 2:0.