1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[curious] anyone moving out of the country if Trump wins again?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TWS1986, Nov 3, 2020.

?

Would you leave the country if Trump is elected for a 2nd term?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    65.9%
  3. Maybe

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Maybe, maybe no

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I know this isn't a reality for a lot of people but I'm genuinely curious. My wife is conservative, I'm not. I'd have to get a divorce (and I love my wife deeply despite our political differences), leave all of my family behind and go to another country and start a new life. Not happening. Plus, as ****ed up and divided as America has become under Trump (and obviously flame away conservatives), it's still my country. I love being in the United States of America and I can't imagine being anywhere else right now. I want to stay and help fight for and improve the country I love, not leave it because of who's in the Oval Office.

So what say you posters (or non-conservatives) of the D&D, would you REALLY leave the country if Trump wins a 2nd term? Or if not, why would you not?

Poll included, votes are private.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

no, why would anyone not stay to witness the country being great again? or... greater?

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Good point my friend. Perhaps fapping could be even greater under our glorious leader ;)

RayRay10, Jontro and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fairly, no.
    If SCOTUS stops ballots from being counted or if there is some other malarkey then yes.

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

as long as the country doesn't get in the way from the industry from producing more videos, fapping will always get better.

Yung-T, boomboom and TWS1986 like this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Well, we know our glorious leader does enjoy the adult film industry among other things. Should be no issues there.

RayRay10 and Jontro like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump has spent 2015 until today, running for President.

We have to consider the strong possibility that Trump has been on his very best behavior the last four years, in order to win re-election.

Can you imagine giving Trump four idle years as President?

What kind of mischief could a bored, low-information, low-attention-span Trump get into over the next four years?

For all of you SCWs, you know deep, deep down that Trump is not one of you. Trump is not conservative and will stop pretending to be once he decides to not (or is legally prevented from) running for re-election. trump will turn into not the sh*T sandwich you wanted but the one you deserved and have to eat every last bite of. Trump is a racist, so at least there is that.

Back to the OP's question, if I had the money I would get the **** out of here.

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

What's SCW?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LMFAO no, thanks to Trump and his catastrophic pandemic response your US passport is worthless and we are pretty much banned from entering most developed countries anyway.

edwardc, Sanctity, BigM and 9 others like this.
  10. No Worries

Social Conservative Warrior. Snowflakes, one and all. Champion of White Identity Politics.

edwardc, Sanctity, Yung-T and 5 others like this.
  11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

New Zealand won't let me in. :(

No Worries, Sanctity, Yung-T and 4 others like this.
  12. No Worries

Do you blame them? :p

edwardc, RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Why he has to be idle?
    He can spend the next 4 years preparing the ground to allow him to run for another term.

TWS1986 and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I've been well quarantined for 236 days.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  15. No Worries

and Canada too!

TWS1986, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Picking up and moving to another country ain't easy. If you don't have another citizenship, you'll need to get a visa or refugee status or something to be able to stay and work. And, if it's a country that doesn't speak English, your employment opportunities will be pretty limited without language skills. Then you have to navigate this foreign culture too, how they handle going to the hospital or do taxes or buy real estate. And you've got to cut your roots, your friendships, family ties, community relationships, church, school affiliation, office friends, local sports teams, etc, and build new ones in the new place and probably start watching soccer but you have to call it football. And if you're bringing wife and kids, it grows exponentially more complicated and dramatic. I'm well set-up to do it, but I would be loathe to do it.

You think it is better that so many of your countrymen actually chose Trump?

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A stolen election is different than a lost election. A stolen election invalidates the whole system.

I would move to the British isles ideally. I keep hearing the NHS needs more people.

18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Definitely agree with this. Not an easy thing to do at all and for the additional points you brought up.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

We moved to Sweden in August just in case. We were incensed at the lack of COVID response and fearful that the division within the country will turn violent.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I would seriously consider it, especially if it is pretty clear that Trump lost but the Supreme Court gives him the election or refused to stop local states from falling on political party and invalidating ballots to give him the election. Just look at how different things were 4 years ago, and realize that the level of corruption and changes would only be accelerated. If he were to live another 4 years, he would likely run for a third term. He would also likely have a 7-2 majority on the court by that point. He would be, for all purposes a dictator, certainly the closest that the USA has ever had. Americans have been insulated from dictatorships and authoritarianism and do not really understand the consequences.

I have lived in Europe in the past, and would leave in such a scenario to keep my son and his future family out of this mess and in a position to thrive and live a high quality life. If you are an American, living in a place like Northern Ireland or England is not that hard, it was comparable to when I moved from Texas to New York for awhile. There isn't a major cultural difference.

s3ts, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.