1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CultureMap] Jeremy Lin shackeling hurts the Rockets: Almost treated with Tim Tebow disdain

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

yeah lin could've and should've taken more shots but then again he did have 16 shots. you up that to 20-25 shots and probably still wouldn't have close the 30 pt deficit. any one player taking 25 shots is NOT the winning formula for the rockets; not even harden.

anyway, last night's issue was defense. our offense has never been the issue the whole season until last night so i wouldn't worry too much about it, yet.

2. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Total lulz.

Either Lin is good and you want him or he is not and you don't want him. To say you don't want Lin because of what some media outlet says really don't reflect well on you.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Btw...16 shots at that point in the game is underutilized????? I don't know if I want my pg taking over 20 shots a game in all honesty

4. j3i

j3i Member

This team is so much bigger than Lin and McHale, and I wish people will stop thinking that all of our issues stem from them.

5. torocan

torocan Member

Just a point, why would what someone writes affect whether we want Jeremy on the team?

1. The author paid to write articles.
    2. It's an OPINION piece.
    3. It's not a universally disputed opinion. There are folks on both sides of the debate of Lin's role on the team. That's why it's called a debate...

Is it really surprising that a player with a substantial fan base results in articles with differing points of view?

And why is he not reputable? He's not a basketball analyst of renown, but if some people agree with his point of view and others disagree, I see that as neither a point of affirmation or negation or his viewpoint or his credibility. I just see it as an opinion.

Just some stuff to think about...

6. ZNB

ZNB Member

Good post. Seems like that sums it up nicely.

7. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Ugh, is this sarcasm or just inattention to detail? Hard to tell on the internets...

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Words of wisdom from Torocan. ;) Common sense is hard to find sometimes . I have to deal with that a lot at work. It drives me Linsane.:grin:

9. Redmark

Redmark Member

No offense, but why would you post a thread on this article when you yourself acknowledge that it's "troll bait"? I don't see the point tbh. If a LOF or LOH posted this they'd be rightfully mocked.

10. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Seriously, this has nothing to do with Harden. Lets face it, without him on this team, we would suck horribly. As for Lin, McHale has played him the way he should have in the first place. I am surprised McHale is now talking about Lin's defense, whereas I always thought he is one of the best defenders on the team. Anyway, I don't think Lin was even capable of shooting more last game, he looked gassed.

11. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Agreed. This should be beneath Clutch.

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

With that in mind, it should be noted that this article demonstrates that the mainstream media is finally recognizing what is going on with the Houston Rockets. They are making the bold proclamation that in a team sport it is important that each individual play in the way that maximizes their own personal contribution, without regard to the other players. This will revolutionize basketball.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

How ridiculous is this guy? I mean, Lin gets the critical minutes. The ball is in his hands enough. He gets 16 shots - as many as Harden, and he is somehow in shackles?

It's painful how poorly some people know basketball and yet get to write about basketball.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

McHale talked about it before after we blew out Utah.

15. thadeus

thadeus Member

Almost all the posts in this thread are from '12ers and '13ers.

I read the first handful, but after that it was all the same old crap.

I think Clutch is reverse-trolling the LOFs here.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It sucks bad enough to be a millionaire playing in the NBA or NFL, but then to be enslaved or imprisoned on top of that, it's just . . . more sucky! Guys, ur not supposed to shackel other guys unless they're that Silence of the Lambs dude or a slave n stuff. I've got a van and ski masks, McSlavemaster has the shackel keys. Meet me at Goode Co. for some BBQ, and then well get the shackel keys from McSlavemaster and set Jeremy free to shoot more than 16 shots per game. OMG, how have I been walking around, totally free, oblivious to some people's platinum shackels.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

clutch had said it was a troll bait. now look at who bites. all posters on this thread including you and me are trolls for sure.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

really??? most of posters are from pre-12ers. am i looking at the wrong thread?

19. boiler

boiler Member

I counted 30 out 56 posts from non '12ers and '13ers.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

More like culture crap...