1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CultureMap] Jeremy Lin shackeling hurts the Rockets: Almost treated with Tim Tebow disdain

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Apologize in advance for taking the troll bait.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsd...tm_source=clutchfans_allupinurgrill_jeremylin

2. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

this particular game? it's the truth. jeremy should have shot more. feed the hot hand, right mchale? mchale? mcfly?

1 person likes this.
  3. Arthurprescott2

What is culturemap? (Is it reputable? is the question, I guess)

Also, 16 shots is a lot for Lin (or at least above average). Strange to gripe about Lin's shots when this team thrives on distributed scoring in general. I understand the author's sentiments, but not his specific gripes.

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Tim Tebow wasn't even entrusted to even play his position. Lin has been the undisputed starter since day 1 and his position is now more secure than ever.

Can the Rockets use him better? Perhaps. But to equate Lin and Tebow is a meaningless cliche that's been used by one too many lazy writers.

5. just a word

just a word Member

...should I put on the radioactive vests now before the wank hits?

6. loox

loox Member

A timely, yet somehow long overdue, article.

1 person likes this.
  7. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Only one person is to blame for Jeremy Lin not shooting enough, and that's Jeremy Lin.

8. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Come on Clutch, this is a human interest piece. Not a sports article.

9. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

spoke da troof. but we knew dat alreddy.

1 person likes this.
  10. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

As a Lin fan, I am fine with Lin getting 16 shots per night. Heck, the numbers doesn't even matter. You take what the defence gives you. If you are doubled or heading into a dead end, you are supposed to pass the ball out.

What I have a problem with, is that we iso too much Harden in the 4th quarter. Houton's game is totally different in the 4th. Harden is the point guard, typically dribbles and dribbles and gets doubled, then passes out to a player who can't create (i.e. Parsons or Defino), then shoot a well-defended three. That's a disaster waiting to happen in the playoff (if HOU makes it).

Harden can be the featured man in the 4th, but when he gets doubled, he needs to pass it to Lin and let him create, taking advantage of the extra men. Lin should not be in the corner in the fourth, but should be at the top, together with Harden. He should be more pro-active or the coach should encourge him to be more proactive in getting Harden's pass in the 4th.

1 person likes this.
  11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This article makes no account of the freedom players have in the system...Its not on Mchale to find Jeremy Shots...its on Jeremy. If he has is going, he should make that clear on the court...When the Rockets closed to 5 with the Lin layup, Lin shouldve just kept on keeping on...but he didnt...and once the ball got to Harden, he will try any how to get up a shot or attack the rim.

James is our best player, but Lin can be that number two...This season, he has been a decent producer, but our best #2 player is Omer Asik...

1 person likes this.
  12. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is a pretty dumb article. In the beginning of the season you could say he was underutilized at the beginning of the season (which I did) but that isn't the case anymore. Now it is up to Lin to go out & get more shots if he wants them. Lin being "shackeled" (which he isn't) had nothing to do with our loss. In fact Lin was extra aggressive last night, 16 shots is a lot of shots for him considering that he normally averages 11 shots.

Something that a lot of fans don't realize is that the players out there make most of the decisions, McHale doesn't really call plays. I don't know if it is a good thing that such young players are having to make the vast majority of the decisions all the time. But at the same time it is nice that they are given freedom & not restricted. McHale is one spectrum of coaching who doesn't micromanage the offense & then there are other coaches like Avery Johnson who love to micromanage the offense even though they have star PG's (Deron Williams). Not saying that I think McHale should micromanage things, but I think there cout be a little more balance as opposed to leaving it up to Lin & harden to make every decision all the time.

Simple things like posting up D-mo two consecutive possessions & then never seeing it again for the rest of the game. Or running the Lin harden PNR some games & never running it again for the next two games. There is a lot of inconsistency in play calling & at first I thought it was because guys were not executing. But now I am realizing that maybe McHale just isn't calling the plays & it is up to our players to run things & figure it out.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing Lin and Tebow have in common is horrible music taste.

Lin actually plays and is a starter.

16 shots wow, I wish Yao had that.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can't wait till this kid is off the team so we can stop dealing with all this BS.

2 people like this.
  15. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

16 shots is normally quite a bit for Lin, but if you shooting close to 50%, why the hell not shoot more? Feed the hot hand...

16. Arthurprescott2

Harden brings the ball up the court slowly, dribbles for about 15 seconds (probing the defense lightly), decides not to drive or take a contested jumper, passes to Delfino/Parsons with 1 second left on the clock while their respective defenders are still right in their face. Delfino/Parsons both blew up at Harden about that last night.

I swear every time I see it, I wonder if Harden ate lead paint chips as a child.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Culture map? I think this is the kind of culture they are referring to:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

CultureMap is as credible as The Los Angeles Times...

... on BleacherReport.

It's not Lin's fault. It's the point guard's responsibility to feed the hot hand. Leave Jeremy alone!

19. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. torocan

torocan Member

So you'd rather lose a functional player on the Rockets because he has a high media profile?

Seriously, every play has a fanbase and detractors. Lin's just happens to be especially high because of how he started his career, ie, in the spotlight.

Looking for a replacement for Lin because there's a better option available is one thing, but to wish that the Rockets get rid of a functional and net positive player because he gets a lot of media coverage is short sighted and not a good management approach to a team.

This is why the Fans shouldn't run teams...

2 people like this.