1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Culture] Purse prank goes wrong

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, May 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has nothing to with culture. Shall I post a video of another race doing something stupid?

There are idiots everywhere. I know half a dozen muscle milk white guys that would do the same thing...

2. VanityHalfBlack

It's better in Europe, lol...

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CnZoieqsBng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trigger Happy T.V

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1zkubPDw7vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. VanityHalfBlack

Talk about some fireworks, anybody reading the youtube comments below the video???

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Maybe it's me, but does anybody think it is suspicous that there is only 1 prank involves black people and it ends up making them look like violent idiots. Surely, he came across other black people that laughed it off . It also looks like he said something to the black guy to incite the attack and that the video was edited, before the other guy took off his shirt.

It wouldn't be the first time a white guy tried to make a buck by portraying minorities as violent and dumb.

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Idiots, I'm referring to the kid and woman. They felt like they had to have the purse just because it was laying on the street, and more so since it was a joke and got their feelings hurt. Dumb son of a b*tches.:mad:

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

People aren't born racist. They learn it though lifetime experiences.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

Relax you two. It's okay to see this as what it is: idiots behaving violently.

You don't have to keep reminding everyone how evil white people are. The internet won't think you're a racist for laughing along.

You don't have to think this is all a set up just because a minority group appeared less frequently than the majority group in this video. Shall we complain about the lack of Asians and Indians too? No of course not, only whites and blacks matter in race topics :rolleyes:

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

To me, it is what it is. There was 1 group of idiots in this video, and they also happened to be the only ones who were black. So it looks like they're picking on black people but I doubt that was the point of this video and prank.

Maybe if they ran into a different black person, they would have reacted the same way as the "white people". I think it is reasonable to think that would happen. Most people aren't idiots like the family at the end, regardless of race.

Maybe they just didn't run into any other black people. I really doubt they would specifically edit them out. The video was filmed by some kids trying to prank random people. I don't think they had a political or racial agenda when deciding to do this prank. They more people they pranked the better, they get more minutes for their videos! They were pranking indiscriminately. Not targeting anybody in particular.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I hate people like that guy. They are the ones who will only buck up to someone that didn't want to start anything, because they'll look cool or whatever. But had it been a man ( which obviously wasn't since he was pulling an elementary grade prank) he would have just laughed it off. He prolly wasn't even mad if he was mad he would have swung on him not poked him.. Also the pranksters friends were huge coochies.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

My favorite response in this thread:

I'm black, I KNOW they were gonna steal the purse.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Exactly. You don't have to be black to know that.

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

side note. the lady kind of looked like nene from celebrity apprentice. she would have stole it.

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Larceny is the taking and carrying away of the property of another. In this case the purse. Clearly they knew the purse belonged to the prankster, they have a string tied to it and are dragging it around.
    I'm not mad, I thought it was funny. The joke itself was lame, but the overreaction made the video worth watching.
    If you get emotionally involved in seeing a purse on the road, to the point where someone moving it out of your reach messes with your emotions, you probably have a lot of problems.
    What trouble exactly do you think the pranksters would have gotten in? Jokes aren't illegal. Dragging a purse with fishing line isn't illegal. Stealing, robbing, and battery are illegal.
    Messing with people's lives? They made a woman look silly for 3 seconds.
    Not asian, bro.

14. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Well i have to admit the black guy overreacted to what happened.

To be fair thou, we have to understand too that people have different personalities, characters, and ways of handling things. So it's really not wise for one to go doing mischief and expect that every person that comes around will understand with a smile.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Doing these pranks in the middle of the road can't be safe. People might slam on their brakes and get tailed, or hit while picking it up. I think they were doing a deed. That prank is old. Nobody wants to see it anywhere.

Also, I think they were well aware the purse was worthless and empty when they (lol) took it away.

#95 BEAT LA, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Any chance that the reason the only people who reacted like that in the video are black is that this is an experiment and the creators of the video want to analyze the comments on Youtube and in forums?

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't like how it's the only one with black people. It's like he's trying to prove a point. He most likely just wants hits, and this is what gets people riled up.

Could be an experiment though.

18. dback816

dback816 Member

Because we all know whenever you point a camera at a street for a few hours, you are guaranteed to get an even representation of every race passing by right....

:rolleyes:

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Point?

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I hope this was a joke. If not it's probably the most ignorant comment in this thread.