1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Culture Map: Jeremy Lin Benching Reaches New Heights of Insanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

There're many threads on this forum. You can go check it out by yourself.

2. yummyhawtsauce

Not sure if you are following the threads on Clutchfans, but the author is posting for website hits. he is specifically targeting LOFs. You can tell from his writing style. So his opinion is extremely biased - though whether they contain merit or not, it is up to the reader. I wouldn't take anything author writes seriously as he has a tendency to exaggerate things a little TOO much.

3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

There wouldn't be any LOHs if all Lin fans are like you

4. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

I don't care what everyone else said and I don't care if I am going to be labeled a LOF. I do think that Lin should have been reinserted in the game earlier. Not in the 3rd quarter. Not at the start of the 4th quarter but maybe around the 9 minutes mark in the 4th.

Brooks was hot in the first half. No doubt about it. He cooled down since the second half.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Welcome to the Rockets family, friend, where we cheer for team, not any particular player.

6. Mikerey

Mikerey Member

Thanks!

LOFs need to understand that a lot of people like Lin as a person ( Harvard graduate and all around nice guy) - but maybe not as a starting PG on the Rockets. I don't know if Lin ever played hard nose playground basketball? Maybe this might be the flaw in his game. Just a thought... Sometimes I view Lin as a nerd who is trying to fit it. I watch his mannerisms on the bench and in the game, and sometimes he seems out of place. I am hoping him great success in life. The Rockets might not be the right fit for him.

7. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

oh man another lin thread?

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I like lin but I can't wait until he's traded so it can get back to being about the rockets. Lin is not yao, he is just an average pg not a star.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

more relevant basketball related discussion than b****ing about conspiracy mistreatment/ racism from everyone in the organization

just because certain people are sensitive fanboys and are butthurt over other's opinions of Lin doesn't make those opinions worthless.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I am talking about culture map.

11. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

CF privileges revoked

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why? Jeremy Lin has been in a pretty similar situation to Brooks in needing to find the right situation to stick in the league.

To suggest that Brooks doesn't deserve to be playing ahead of Lin because he once nearly fell out of the league when Lin has several times nearly fallen out of the league seems like a pretty crappy argument.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

He's just bummed that Casspi won't let him date his sister.

JLin wants to go on a Jdate and get some of that JLove

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Why are still giving Chris Baldwin page hits?

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

shame on you for taking anything chris baldwin writes seriously. the dude's entire repitoire is as follows:

1. write incendiary lin "article"
    2. write incendiary keenum "article"
    3. profit

dude is a hit-w****... nothing more.

16. TTNN

TTNN Member

[​IMG]

I know you like to look into numbers, but you could not stick to numbers without content.

Look at the shot chart in the second half. 3pt is not going in. The only shot with some range was Jeremy's toe on the line long 2. So Brooks worked in the first half, but clearly not helping in the second half. Yet, defensively, there is huge difference.

And for defense, yeah, D-Mo was on the floor most of the time with Brooks, but that still could not explain the 1-10 3pt shooting of OKC with Lin on the floor, and dramatically changed to 5/7 when he is off the floor.

With last 4 min Jeremy finally get on the floor, there is already meltdown in the team, James would jack up a 3 without even plant his feet, and with like 15 sec left on the shot clock, yeah, sure Jeremy could not do very much at that stage anyway, but you could not argue that would be the same if there is longer time left though.

So, there is still argument that McHale bet on wrong things, and risk the opportunity by playing Brooks too long, and bench Lin too long.

17. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I must admit I clicked the link. I had to know who this Chris Baldwin person was.

I didn't read the article though. I did however read a few of his article titles and it made me wonder:

How is Jeremy Lin not on the injured list daily, with groin pulls? This guy is riding his jock HARD!!!!

18. RV6

RV6 Member

Am i going to get in trouble for calling out a twitter LOF, who's likely on here, in a separate thread in the Hangout? This is one of the really bad ones...

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was more pissed about benching Casspi than benching Lin in the OKC game.

20. durvasa

durvasa Member

Absolutely. I didn't deny this.

But addressing what happened when a player was on the floor and not on the floor seems kind of important when making such an argument. McHale's hesitance to bring Lin back early in the 4th was based on our putrid start to the second half, and Brooks being much more effective in the first half (+13 with three made 3s). I mean, if the author is going to argue that McHale is an idiot or has it out against Lin, at least he should make an honest attempt to consider the coach's rationale and then counter it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.