1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Culture] Geroge Lucas Tweeks Star Wars Blu Ray Editions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Aug 31, 2011.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'm not buying this sh-t. F-ck you Lucas!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eGaSxSuB2vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here is the new Krayt Dragon cry Ben Kenobi makes when scaring off the Sand People in Star Wars:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J0EUjobdavw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He has nothing left - only star wars so he will keep going to the well to w**** out his masterpieces so he can add to his vast collection of money. Hopefully his fatness will take him out before he just re-films the original trilogy for stacks and stacks of money. And also, freaking ALIENS in Indiana Jones?? PERFECT pump out another one! :mad:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The whole thing is... its his creation. Y'all cant pick and choose what you like from him and what you don't. Its him. So deal with Jar Jar Binks and Lance Bass or whatever.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Pretty sure we can......

1 person likes this.
  5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So once you release a movie, that was the movie. You released it like that, so if you want to change it call it something else then have the original on the disk as well. The biggest problem is there is no original version anymore. If he did his 5th incarnation and then had it as an option on the BDD menu, no one would really care.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Funny you say "tweek" when tweek was a big character of the south park "free hat" episode regarding Lucas messing with his classics.

Sounds like someone needs to melt his icy heart with a cool island song.

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Damn. I have the expanded suckitude versions on DVD. The only original copies of the movies I own are on VHS.

I'll never understand how he went from Oscar-nominated Star Wars to so-bad-they-are-now-cliches Star Wars.

It's all very disappointing and it has been since day 1 of Phantom Menace.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

He should digitally reshoot Anakin's scenes in Phantom Menace with Hayden and digitally insert him over Jake Lloyd. That would instantly make Ep I about 10x better. And that is the one tweak I would so welcome.

This "NOOO" is not as near as bad as the Ep III "NOOO" but it's still pretty brutal. The scene was already perfect as is.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

He should digitally replace the Ewoks with something badass, and digitally remove 90% of the Imperial troops on Endor. To go along with that, edit out the bit where Palpatine knows that the rebels have landed on the moon to take down the shield and gloats that an entire legion of his best troops are there, so it makes sense that a single shuttle full of rebel commandos and some natives could take down the shield generator. That would be a tweak I could get behind. Instead of trying to insert the worst parts of the prequels into the original trilogy, tweak what sucks.

#9 StupidMoniker, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dude, they went to the secret entrance that only had two semi-tarded guards. Duh.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

blu-ray rips of these hit the net a few days ago not sure why they would have to speculate the rumors they could just download them and see for themselves

12. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I never really care about Star Wars. I mean it's got a great concept but all the movies suck except for A New Hope and Empire Strike Back. Even A New Hope is badly outdated because of Lucas stupid puppet monsters.

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

lolwut? We can't pick and choose what we like from him? funny stuff... keep it coming :grin:

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

He could easily make 3 more Star Wars movies because the SW universe still has tons of stuff after Return of the Jedi.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Once you finish a movie, it should be done. Let it stand on its own. Don't go back and change ****. Sure, there may be some things in retrospect you wish you did differently, but that's life. You do the best you can at the time and then move on.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Just took this off my Amazon wish list, thanks Mr. Lucas!!!!

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

That will mean he'd have work, think, plan, etc.

Why work for your money when you can sit on your ass for money? The Star Wars franchise is Luca's personal ATM and will last for as long as he lives.

18. Dei

Dei Member

The Darth Vader "Noooo!!!" works for me. He kinda just grabs and throws the Emperor out of the blue in the original.

I don't think re-edits are bad. The problem with Star Wars' is that they aren't in good taste and without sensitivity to those who've already seen it.

19. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

The only reason you think it works is because George Lucas f-ed up Darth Vader so badly in the prequel trilogy, showing him as a whiny, emo momma's boy. Take away everything you know about Anakin, and think about how Vader is portrayed in the true trilogy; this is a guy who lets actions speak for words, who chokes out his top admirals with nary an emotion. It is truly saying something that even though Vader has no facial expression, you can see the internal conflict when he sees Luke being killed by the Emperor. No words are necessary, because they're never necessary with Vader.

20. hairyme

hairyme Member

When I first saw this news, the intended association with Ep.III's "NOOoooOOOooO" got me irate and prepared for the worst, but I got to say this "NO" is probably among the least offensive tweaks; though, it's still wholly unnecessary.

Every time I see that scene, I start laughing anyway--there's not much they can do to express Vader's internal struggle, so they have to resort to awkward cyborg body language:
    *LOOK AT EMPEROR*
    *LOOK AT LUKE*
    *LOOK AT EMPEROR*
    and so on...

Plus, it always seemed a little anti-climactic for the WWF move to be executed in silence. Anyway, this dialog addition may actually be an improvement, but like with all retrofixes, the change to something we've already accepted is a bit jarring... and I suspect I'll still chuckle anyway.

Besides, I'm still mad about having to see Hayden at the end of Ep.VI. UGH.