1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuffs (LeBron's friend) sharing some Westbrook news soon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 2, 2020.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would be so much happier if I never see another elbow bank shot from Westbrook ever again but sadly that will never come true.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about Westbrook to the Clippers for Pat Bev, Skip 2 my Lou, and Montrezl and some draft picks?

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. mightybosstone

Looking at the numbers again, he was legitimately solid in January, too. His December numbers weren't great, though. He was still jacking up 4.4 3s per game at a 23% clip and shooting 43% from the floor at that point.

My point stands, though. That two-month stretch from January to the start of the pandemic was great—the best version of Westbrook we've seen in years. But it's a pretty small sample size when you factor in how bad he's been the last three years and how awful he's been, generally, in the playoffs.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you should have thrown james harden in a trade then. there is no point holding onto him.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

3-4 months straight didn't happen. that's nonsense. it was a stretch of about 20 games when the rockets officially ditched a big man for westbrick to play better

where does this 3-4 month stretch come from? October- mid January he was terrible. That sample size was so much bigger but apparently that gets ignored and it was so bad that they add to change the lineup to try to get him to fit. February-March (4 games) when the season paused was his best stretch of games. and those 4 games in march the rockets were struggling.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

And let's not forget that the stretch in question occurred within the system of a coach who was pushed out the door by Doofus McTitta. There's no telling at this point if Silas's system will bring out the best in Russ or allow him to revert to his worst instincts.

mightybosstone and YOLO like this.
  7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ahh a smartass I love it. His Quad or COVID had nothing to do with it? Gotcha.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

his quad and covid were present since 2017 apparently. people and their dumb excuses. classic cf's

quad/covid is the reason why he struggles being able to shoot? oh wait he always has.
    quad/covid is the reason why he has low bball iq and plays out of control? Oh wait, he's always played like that.
    quad/covid is the reason why he has below average ball handling ability for a guard? Oh wait, that's always been an issue
    quad/covid is the reason why he's turnover prone and a terrible decision maker? Oh wait, that's always been an issue

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So do you bash Harden too or is it just Russ? Just curious.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean look at his so called robin. what exactly warrants bashing harden at this point for? Because it isn't on westbrick right. that's the logic we're going with. stack all those numbers next to harden and then let me know if bashing harden makes sense

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Playoff winshares last 4 seasons

Westbrook

Total : 0.6 wins added over last 4 playoff runs

Harden

Total : 7.5 wins added over last 4 playoff runs

One guy has been an abject disaster over their last 4 playoff runs. One has been one of the biggest wins adders in the league in their last 4 playoff runs.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hell ya! I hear Ryan Anderson could still be available too!

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So the facts are Harden has choked in every playoff since 2013. He hasn't won a championship as the main guy. He choked heavy against San Antonio, and against Golden State when Durant went out. Oh but wait he's the leading scorer, oh but wait his supporting cast failed him, oh but wait the refs were sketchy. Ahh okay. Just let me know what narrative you wanna use and we'll go from there.

So if Russ has had bad playoffs since 2017 then you can say the same for Harden since he's never reached a finals appearance ONCE in Houston.

:)

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What finals appearance has Harden had in Houston? What championship has he won? Ahh but stats are fun.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean the rockets wouldn't even be in this position without harden.

westbrick on the other hand, what's his problem. oh wait covid/quad since 2017 thats right

the fact that you're trying to compare harden and westbrick now is all I need to know about your low iq

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The position of no Finals appearances and no championships? Ahh okay gotcha.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. and with westbrick it just gets incredibly worse.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

But before Westbrook with Harden and his stats still no Finals appearances or Championships. Ahh okay got it.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What in the world?

So every player who didn’t make the finals over the last 4 years is on equal footing? All just equal players?

HakeemOnlyFan, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  20. sungjina

sungjina Member

I swear, if I stay up to hear that the big news is Russ releasing a documentary and not some trade news ...

D-rock likes this.