1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cubs are trying to win now, are we doing the same???

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by cangrejero51, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Simgleton needs stability and continuity so hopefully when he is called up it is for good. I think he needs to play at least the first half in AAA and really get a successful routine.

Correa is now batting like 290 at AAA after a few weeks. He missed half a season last year with a serious injury, he is being pushed along at the proper rate.
    McCullers and Tucker have been called up in the last 3-4 weeks. I am sure there will be others.

I don't see why the Cubs are the shinning light. Their history of winning sucks, they held Bryant down the first to weeks to get another year of arbitration and Bryant played all of last year in the minors and is older than Correa. He also hit nearly 50 homers last year and lead spring training in homers.

The Astros just split with the Tigers, without Dallas K and relying on a guy with 2 starts above AA in his life. We are 6.5 games ahead.... Relax and appreciate we aren't on pace to lose 90-100 games like some expected.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

So Valbuena gets benched?

3. Dankush

Dankush Member

What would the lineup be if we just played the best players we have, assuming health is good. I know thats not realistic because lol mlb but lets take a stab

2B - Altuve
    SS - Correa
    3B - Lowrie
    RF - Springer
    DH - Tucker or Gattis?
    1B - Singleton
    LF - Tucker or Rasmus?
    C - meh
    CF - Marisnick

I could see Correa moving to 3 once he gets some experience, Springer to 2. Lowrie probably moves down to 5 or 6 if Tucker or Singleton hit to their potential.

Not a good idea to have such a young lineup but I honestly believe those are the best players in the system right now.

4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

That lineup kind of gives me goosebumps.

5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Why should the Cubs have any implication on what the Astros do as a team? Are they a shinning beacon of champions? I get what you're trying to say but this comparison is absurd and frankly a bit insulting.

6. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

No, it was only as an example of why we should bring up Correa

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

AND

Keuchel
    Kazmir/Hamels
    McHugh
    McCullers
    Feldman
    Obie-won

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why start a thread about it, then? There is a Corea "call up watch" thread alraady. Post your thoughts in there.

9. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Because is not only Correa, also Singleton.

And the thing here is TO COMPARE what other teams are doing.

If Bryant and Russell are in the majors, why Singleton and Correa are not?

They are willing to trade Baez, are we willing to trade surplus for a starter???

Probably the answer is yes, but, is a topic we can all talk about and give our GM perspective.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Astros are already paying Singleton, they are paying him MLB money to play in the minors. If we aren't keeping him down there because they think it is in this teams best interest this year, why in the hell do you think they are keeping him down?

11. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Because they are WRONG on that one. Right now Singleton BELONGS in the majors, easy to see, well, not for you.
    Is like the Hernandez move, he sucks. Why was he signed???? Because sometimes we make mistakes.

Not all moves are good moves.

12. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

This thread...

13. Major

Major Member

Because Singleton WAS in the majors and sucked. And Correa has not had nearly as much time in AA/AAA as either of those guys. Why would Bryant or Russell's status have any effect on any other player? If those guys weren't in the majors, would it mean Correa shouldn't be either? What an absurd and bizarre question.

I don't think our GM is taking advice from Clutchfans.

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

there should be a "lock thread" vote.. if > 90% of people click on it, auto lock. silly thread, and i'm sad I fed it initially

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So what is this thread about - comparing what the Astros are doing to what the Cubs are doing (since you specifically mentioned the Cubs in the title), or is it about the Astros calling up Correa, which is what you specifically said in your post I responded to?

There are specific threads already - Correa, Minor League, Trade thread, etc - that your opinion could have gone into, but instead, you are passively/aggressively attacking the Astros for not doing what that bastion of success, the Chicago Cubs is doing.

The Astros have made two aggressive call ups already with McCullers and Tucker and are giving each significant playing time. The Astros are hesitant in calling up Singleton because, as mentioned, he sucked last year and right now he would be displacing Carter who was among the league leaders in HRs last year. Until the Astros decide to give up on Carter, Singleton is blocked. Russell and Bryant were replacing no one of significance for the Cubs.

You also say the Cubs are "willing to trade" Baez. What does that even mean? I guarantee you the Astros are willing to trade any player in their system depending on the return.

16. Buck Turgidson

**** the Cubs.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

????Hail the Cubs????

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why is this thread still alive?

[​IMG]

19. Buck Turgidson

Very NSFW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8S0CDtEz_Bo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

85% of the world is working, the other 15% come here. It's a playground for them ********ers.

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Because when you feed them, they survive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.