1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CSN

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And that stance would be your fault... seriously, are you 5 years old?

2. Granville

Granville Member

???? Look dude, it's my opinion that Crane was the main reason things went south. I'm entilted to that without you being a jackass about it. That said, there was no reason for your to interject Crane hating at this point of the conversation.

Another thing..... You have no proof that had the Astros walked away that we would 100% had Comcast onboard now. They could have dug in just to spite the Astros. You don't even know that Fox would have bid either. You don't even know if ATT and DTV would have started up a Network if they weren't basically getting it for no money down like they are now.

The Judge did a great job and that sucks for people like you who were in over their head on this conversation from day 1.

#982 Granville, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We all know that's your opinion... despite a litany of evidence against that being the case, including an eventual mutual alliance by the Rockets and Astros to combat the host of reasons why this deal went south.

The fact that calling you out on it causes you to get all apoplectic is pretty telling.... just quit the Crane hate which has no bearing in this discussion, and take your lumps and move on.

4. Granville

Granville Member

This thread is to talk about the CSN situation, not what you think of my opinion of Jim Crane. Did you read where several times that calling people out was frowned on? At least you admit your motive for posting that. Jesus, Nick, you have to be smarter than this.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I never mentioned you... you just came out of the woodworks like you were responding to the bat-signal as soon as we recapped what all has changed thanks to the bankruptcy (nothing).

The CSN situation was very much being discussed when we mentioned that not a whole lot was accomplished with this bankruptcy proceeding, other than lawyers fees and court costs... that is fair game to comment on how colossal a waste of time this whole ordeal was (you then respond to that with the predictable "well, it was all crane's fault" rhetoric)

15 months later, same old ****...

6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Bull****, just stirring the pot is all you are doing

I might get banned for cussing on here or whatever, and if that is the case then that is the case

I've been against Granville's posts for the whole time over this stuff, but there is NO REASON to stirr this up again,and now all we read is bull**** posts between two of you arguing over crap that has NO true meaning. We had a good thread going for news, now freaking go away dude, and let the people who want to talk about the actual news of this situation talk about it. If you just want to talk **** about someone, go to the proper forum

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is this CSN thread gonna have to be closed now too?

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not doing that at all.... just commenting on the recent turn of events.... which happens to irk those who were basically wrong about the entire shakedown.

To re-iterate my first post of this whole sequence (which was merely echoing MSN's post)... the bankruptcy court accomplished nothing except gaining lawyers fees, court costs, and a 15 month delay. That is a fair point to discuss... do we need a "bankruptcy accomplished nothing" thread to do that? I doubt it... this thread and forum will be pretty cockroach-ish till spring training.

If you really want to police the thread, at least get the story straight.

9. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Show ONE post on here where I am crapping up the thread

We are finally close, hopefully, to having true news about ending this

Please don't get the thread closed just to "prove" you are "right"

No one cares how bad of a man you are behind your computer

If you want to make legit posts fine, if you want to piss on Granville go somewhere else to take your leak

1 person likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not my fault if my legit post happened to be met with such animosity... and yes, I will discuss/respond/debate on this message board.

Never accused you of crapping up anything... just police it accurately.

Don't worry.... there won't be much news till 10/21... and by then its pretty much a confirmation of the plan, a formality of such.

The Dynamo crew at CSN Houston have already packed up all their stuff and moved out (since there is zero chance Root is picking them up).

Its done... over... time to start the countdown (and time to figure out who really was behind the over-valuation of the network, and who was really the architect of this network's power structure that eventually contributed to the failing).

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

"While Comcast will not file a separate appeal of Isgur’s valuation decision, attorneys said in a document filed Tuesday they will “reserve the right to challenge, on appeal, the factual and legal conclusions” of any final order."

Somebody want to explain that quote?

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

"We (Comcast) reserve the right to prolong this torture."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.