1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CSN Interviews] Harden sets aim for WCF, Lin sets aim to get better, McHale reflects

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patterned919, May 13, 2013.

1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

glad to hear the team will get together this offseason. and i'm still baffled why people think mchale is a bad coach for this team.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I just can't watch the Kevin McHale interview. I can't.

His in-game logic and justification of events during the season and the playoffs is...baffling.

Our team had a great year, and normally, I would be satisfied with the coach like I am the players. I've never disliked a coach more than McHale, and it could be because I'm harder on him because he is "new" to this. Shoot, I would jump for joy right now for Flip Saunders or Byron Scott. Both guys had rough seasons, but you know what they CAN bring to the table when you look at their records. Scott is very underrated IMO and Saunders can still be the coach that had Terrel Brandon, KG, Starbury, Spree, Sammy, Gugs and a whole bunch of "where are they now?" guys to success.

See? There I go off on a coaching tangent. I'm just not a McHale fan, at all, I suppose. :(

I'm not the biggest JLin fan, but how can you not respect a guy that is willing to accept his flaws as a player and work on them? I dig it.

However...I still say Kyle Lowry was a better fit for us and was done dirty by the Rockets :p

James Harden is great for our franchise. Like Lin, he has a lot to work on, and i hope he doesn't get too much of an ego. I like that he is a star without the "Lebron Entitlement" attitude just yet.

Our core is nice, and I hope Morey is more practical in the offseason and not asset-hungry and cost efficient. The TRob trade robbed us of a first round victory (Seriously, imagine a consistent 4 against Serge and Perk)

It's no longer "rebuild" time. I think he has to start going for the "Win Now" mindset with youth and experience. Players don't stick around as long anymore if the season ends before May, even if they like the team. Winning is everything for the true competitors.

If Dwight is really what we end up with, I hope Morey finds a 4 that has more of an offensive game than Dwight and Omer.

I would sell my kidney for David West or LaMarcus Aldridge...they interest me more than Dwight for what they add to our "offense" and their production. DWest is one of the highest on the list of game winning shots for forwards...he's definitely underrated and a legit all-star calibur player that NEVER really gets his dues.

Thanks for posting the interview.

Love this team.

3. manning

manning Member

Thanks for sharing.
    Expect this team to get better.
    Can't wait for the next season.:)

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

howard wont make us contend, unless our players can shoot 3s at a ridiculously high rate

5. joe101

joe101 Member

I just don't see how Portland would let Aldridge go. Bosh on the other hand is more realistic in 2014, Miami can't afford to keep the big three without incurring something like $70M luxury tax. No teams not name Knicks or Lakers can, just too expansive. The new CBA is working the way they intended it in that regard. I doubt that there will be another team that can dominate like the Heats (this year and next) during the terms of the current CBA.

6. onreego

onreego Member

You mean....like they did this season...?

7. SugarLandDream8

Yeah Lin's a good guy.

8. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Its interesting how Lin went from underdog and everyone liking him

to

all hype, not worth his contract and everyone hating him.

I guess its the fickle nature sports stardom ...or fandom. Its good to see he has good character and a level head to block all that out and work on improving his game and helping the team win.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I live in NY and thought he was over rated then too. I wasn't excited when he came to the arockets and felt like.. adding Lin just meant that Les has got his new cash cow whether we suck or not....

1 person likes this.
  10. manning

manning Member

No matter what other thinks...overrated,overhyped,overpayed or whatever....
    He had gone through a lot....When everything is out of his control, he handle them well.
    Maybe he is ovehyped or overrated ,but so what? He still him. Trying to be a better player and trying to make a dream a reality. I'm happy what he did this year and I hope to see him succeed with this team.

I just made this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1sMR98m8pio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I think you got a video editing future in you.

Thanks for sharing.

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

oops. I should quote video posts. sorry.

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Jeremy's season in a nut shell. Nicely done!!

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I know a lot of people rag on Lin, but i still think he will be a very good point guard. Something about the guy, just seems like he has tons of determination, more than your average NBA player. The guy calls himself out about his playing..not everyone does that. With a good power forward(and him actually handling the ball a little more) in the mix i can see him averaging about 16 pts per game and 7.5 in assists. Maybe it is just wishful thinking....but then again i am a rockets fan.

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Does Lin's nose look like a boxer's nose? Kinda like its broken?

Maybe that's why he gets all those blood noses.