1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CSN Houston airing a Rockets Big Men Roundtable Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 6, 2013.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This looks great. Someone please record and post this. Won't be able to see it in Sacramento.

And Clyde, Hakeem always was open.

1 person likes this.
  2. 34to11

34to11 Member

Thanks for the heads-up.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

Is there a video online anywhere? I'd really like to see this.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I enjoyed it.

5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Really? you watched it? how was it and was it fun?

6. rocketblood713

it was awesome ! ..... it was them basically talking about how they felt and what they thought when they first heard about coming to Houston and Dwight did the same im excited everyones excited egos aside skys the limit type of talk and then he left lol and then yao talked a lil bit and it was over

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

It wasn't a new piece. I do believe they shot this during Dwight's welcoming day.

Worrell of course hosted it, with Leslie Alexander, Calvin Murphy, and Clyde Drexler in tow. The bigs featured were Sampson, Olajuwon, Yao and Dwight.

Dwight of course gushed about how excited he was to be here, to be able to be part of a franchise with a legacy of great big men. Emphasized how great it was to be so close to Olajuwon and McHale, who would help him develop his skills. Discussed his closeness with Olajuwon, teased Yao about dunking on him. Loves how close-knit the Rockets family is, and how Olajuwon came from Jordan and Yao from China to welcome him in. Stated last off-season was all about recovery, and now this off-season would be all about putting in hard work. He and Harden sat down and talked about how they would put aside their egos and do whats best for the team and to what it takes to win rings. Their youth gives them a lot of time to compete for the ring.

Leslie spoke about how great it is to sign a player of Dwight's caliber, who he called a top 2-3 player when healthy, and thinks Howard will be happy here. He and Dwight left about 15 minutes in, leaving the rest to the retired folks to talk.

Worrell brought up how Howard had been to the Finals before, just like Olajuwon had. It takes going there and feeling that loss before you can go back to win it. Olajuwon said he was 31 when he won and Clyde 32; Howard joked he is hoping he won't be that old when he wins.

Yao talked about Rockets popularity in China; he and Olajuwon think with the signing of Howard that Houston will now be a big-name on par with Boston, Miami and the LA Lakers. Yao was fairly quiet throughout it all.

Sampson discussed how amazing it is how quickly the franchise turned around. In just a year, grabbed two franchise cornerstones and are ready to contend for the next few years.

Calvin hyped up Les as an owner, as someone who wants and is willing to do what it takes to win.

Drexler thought Parsons will be a future all-star.

All I can remember off the top of my head; still crazy to think we have the best C in the game to pair with the best SG.

1 person likes this.
  8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Heads up, guys, there is the clips uploaded on csnhouston.com if you want to watch what it looks like.

9. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I watched it, I enjoyed it. No great revelations, just a fun discussion. Perhaps more meaningful to those of us who have seen all of those guys play -- just to see them all in the same room and taking part in a discussion about the team.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Worrell is looking more and more like a skeleton these days. Not talking about body fat, its just his facial expressions at times are unnerving. Dude looked like he was a COLD BLOODED murderer when one of those camera zoomed in.

11. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I noticed this as well. Getting old...er

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Bad botox

13. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les did his creepy laugh. I couldn't stop laughing when I heard it's high pitch over the deeper laughter of the bigs.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

They just posted a link to the clips on Facebook but u can't get to them trough my phone if someone can post them here I'd appreciate it

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

16. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Why is Rudy T. no longer a public part of the heritage of this team? At 6'9" he was never a big, but neither was Clyde. The empty seat at that table is simply wrong.

There is no good reason for him to scout for the Lakers. Enough time has passed, Les. Bring Rudy T. home.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/Rl06NcCfWtqI?params=zone%3Dtv_show&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/6QGQpE8fVlVu?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/H0pa5bbhDPeR?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/J7flRx_qvCX_?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/PyPrX5yHqRlw?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/R_lprgsFE10v?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/ouEDlBQjy086?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/9Giaq5KX17le?params=zone%3Ddefault&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

3 people like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Lakers are still paying Rudy T unfortunately.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I did not know Howard played PG until his big growth spurt in high school. Sometimes I think the Van Gundys are terrible in player development. They should have fostered a more complete game instead of trying to make everyone the next Shaq. You saw it with Yao, now I realize that Stan did the same thing to Dwight.

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Man i ****ing love this team. I love all the personalities and history associated with our franchise. You fans can get a bit annoying, but i love you guys too. Good times are ahead gents. Were in for one wild ride!