1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Critical Race Theory.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, May 17, 2021.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

See now you hit my next point that I was going to say...

From what I see him stating is that...

What ever happens in that city is History for that state and no where else.....

So I guess the planes flying into the towers is a New York Issue?? See now he will say i'm being silly... But this is actually what he's stating....

So although all the states are apart of America, it's still state history and not American History....

T_Man

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why would the opposite be true for blacks? What correlation are you making?

#1062 pgabriel, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

History class needs to stress violence against blacks during that era, not Tulsa exclusively.

Tulsa is a unique event as far as the success of blacks there but it isn't an explanation of the wealth gap across the country

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why don't you just explain how Tulsa affected Houston. You're not making a point. I make clear ass points easy to agree or disagree disagree.

I want to shut you up about it so make a point and stop running around talking about me

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You guys are ridiculous. Yes if a black person in Houston had an a Tulsa relative or owned Tulsa real estate, yes but on a large level, no

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You said Asians AREN'T racist because they tend to vote Democrat. Blacks tend to vote Democrat. By your logic Blacks are, therefore not racist.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not affected by Floyd's murder neither is @Rocket River or @T_Man no matter how emotional they might be

JumpMan likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And I said why blacks vote Democrat. Blacks vote Democrat like 95%. It's a whole other subject

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yes I was and stop saying crap you don't know...

He's a black man and i'm a black man... To see someone die Like that will affect all Black Men.. yeahhhh you wouldn't understand...

All you like to do is argue stop crap to try and push buttons, but in the end day you only show who you really are...

Now for the Tulsa, yeah it did affect African Americans that were not in TULSA..... See the great thing about being a Vet and going to the VA is talking to older vets and learning from them... Here's some advice you need to adhere too... "Know one will never know how dumb you are until you speak"

Well too late for you right now....

T_Man

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Waiting on your Tulsa answer. One issue at a time

11. bobrek

Weird... as a human being, I was deeply affected how he was murdered in broad daylight by a police officer.

mikol13 likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

I know I am not always clear with my lack of proof reading. I told you In the initial response why blacks vote Democrat. You said I misread your post then said are blacks racist for voting Democrat.

So I thought I misread the first post. So I said why would the opposite be true cause of your mistake

I've spent four posts repeating a simple ass point that you should have understood initially.

I'm responding to four or five people. Help me out I don't need that extra ish

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did your wealth decline?

14. bobrek

What the heck does that have to do with anything? Is wealth all you measure? The fact that a man was murdered in broad daylight by the most common symbol of authority that we generally deal with didn't bother you because you didn't lose money?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It didn't have a tangible affect on anyone's life. I don't know how we got on George Floyd but I'm staying on thread topic

Secondly I said it affected people emotionally so why you jumping in saying you're affected emotionally.

More extra ish I don't need

16. adoo

adoo Member

according to your link, 48% of the Viet Americans support the GOP,
    that support has come quite a bit when it was 100% during the Nixon/Ford/Carter/Reagan admins

an overview of the Asian American voters

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/24/479192873

Asian Americans---self-reliant, hard working, strong on family value, value education and fiscally conservative---would seem to be a natural for the GOP party.

When Reagan was President, w the immigration amnesty laws in effect, a majority of Asian Americans voted for GOP candidates. In 1992, less than 1/3 of Asian-Americans voted for the Democratic Presidential candidate, Bil Clinton.

in terms of party identification, since 1992, no other group has shifted so dramatically to vote against the GOP. According to a recent study by UC Riverside, exclusionary / xenophobic / anti-immigrant rhetoric by GOP candidates seems to be driving this political shift.

More than 40 % of Asian-American voters surveyed said they would oppose a candidate — whom they otherwise agreed with on most issues —if he/she had anti-immigrant views.

This was the reason that, in 2012, > 70% of the Asian-American voted to reject the anti-immigrant Presidential candidate, Romney. even worst for Trump in 2016/2020.

One can infer that, for the most part, AA voters are more issues oriented,
    they're too savvy/pragmatic to be duped by the current GOP that welcomes anti-immigrants like the QAnon lady and cancels the traditional conservative Liz Cheney

#1076 adoo, Jan 26, 2022
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. bobrek

You have no right to determine what does and doesn't have a tangible affect on anyone's life other than your own.

I got off topic because you somehow think that only people who live in the general vicinity of an event are affected by it which is utter bullshit.

I used an event that affected people around the world as an example and you then weirdly determined that if it didn't hit one's pocketbook, then it doesn't impact one.

Guess you weren't affected by the January 6th, 2021 events either

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. don't speak for me
    2. you were not affected by 9/11 either . ..

Rocket River

20. adoo

adoo Member

if only the author would provide some stats to see if the trend is reversing or it is just a momentary perturbation.

in NY, just like Calif, it used to be > 60% support,- for GOP during the Nixon/Ford/Carter/Reagan admins; it had dwindled to the low 40% in 2020

#1080 adoo, Jan 26, 2022