1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Critical Race Theory.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jiggyfly, May 17, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You said your never said something I quite literally copied and pasted, I don’t understand why you get like this, but it’s all good man I’m just enjoying the playoff games today. Point god about to face off against Lakers in a couple minutes on ABC

subtomic and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you mean he reminds you of me? If so i have a thought out everything ive written. My thoughts aren't based on emotions.

My ideas aren't written from a perspective of things can be better not Jiggy's pessimism

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Otherwise known as the TRUTH.

DD

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What kind of way am I getting?

I am just saying you misinterpreted my meaning, I really did not remember posting that and I can see why you misinterpreted what I posted, when going back and reading that but I thought I explained it better later in the post.

Like I said later that is already being taught in history I just don't think it should be the focus and its not historically accurate to say that was the defining thing our nation was built on.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its rhe same thing as systemic racism. Its a catchphrase, a blame all

@JuanValdez

What history was whitewashed in your school background? Where did you learn George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves?

Slavery is the sole divisive issue among the founding fathers and that's documented in history class. Jim Crow and the Civil Rights Movement are well documented.

History class can't be all racial injustice. There are things to covee

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not sure why you're asking. I posted an article about forward-looking legislation. As for myself way back in the prior millennium, I was in private school starting in 6th grade anyway and not subject to a lot of TX's bs anyway.

History class can't all be racial injustice. My main beef is that I don't want the curriculum decided in Austin. Trust the professionals to teach.

After seeing my daughter's Texas history curriculum, I feel like they wasted a year of her education. They hit on some of the important events, but she wouldn't understand why we are where we are if I wasn't supplementing over dinner.

FranchiseBlade and pgabriel like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was responding to your post. I went to private school also and i think Texas has changed curricula since we were in school

What Texas conservatives are doing to education is really another subject

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not really. This thread is about Critical Race Theory and the push-and-pull over whether it should be taught in public K-12 schools. The Texas Legislature is considering bills right now that would regulate what schools can teach and what textbooks can say about the history of race relations.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The fact that the proposed curriculum is KKK approved is merely a coincidence.

rockbox and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think we should also ban teaching physics and genetics in high school. Those topics are also difficult and make students very uncomfortable. Let's abolish all PE too, while we're at it. Don't want to challenge our kids' early path to obesity or any other badly ingrained habits or modes of thought.

Deckard, No Worries and rockbox like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think it's the job of a teacher to affirm anything, except that every student will have a safe environment to learn and that every student will be treated the same.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

who you calling "boy"? reported

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually read the article and I agree with it for the most part and it does not refute anything I have said, you probably just read the title.

I have no problem asking open ended questions or teaching passionately about a subject, I always tie real world issues into the lesson.

Typical O's.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Would you call this critical race theory?

jiggyfly likes this.