1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Creepy guy sits in a van in front of my house for hours.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ottomaton, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

About a month ago this van started parking across from my house. I get people need to find parking wherever they can. Streets are public. No problem.

As of last week, however, the creepy guy who drives thr van has started spending hours a day parked in front of my house, smoking and drinking something and watching videos on his phone.

He was sitting there when I went to bed last night at 12:30. He was sitting there when I got up this morning. A few days ago I tried to follow him to see if he lives nearby, but I lost him 3 blocks away.

Neighbors have little children. I'm concerned he's some type of creeper or is casing for a robbery or something. Possibly he is just a drunk. Or god knows what. He sits there 3-4 hours every day.

This is in Montrose and is unzoned, so there is no issue with him parking. But sitting for hours and hours in front of my house doing nothing? CREEPY AF.

Smart people of Clutchfans. Can I do anything?

20220305_111820.jpg

20220305_111815.jpg

Do I have any recourse?

The side of the van says:

Best Plumbing
    713-697-4400

Also, I checked their online reviews. If you need a plumber, I'd consider looking elsewhere.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I'm assuming you've called the phone number on the van?

I'd report it to the police, let a patrolman figure out what he's doing. I'd voice your concerns pretty much exactly like you did here.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Just call Best Plumbing and ask why their van is always parked outside at that location with license number. I've used Best many times in the past.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I live on a quiet street inside the loop with a large field across from me. The same kind of thing happens all of the time. Even had a white van with blacked out windows camp for days and days. Pretty sure whoever was in there was peeing and ******** in the field.

I also see people that I assume lost their jobs and haven't told their spouse. So they just sit in their cars dressed for work for 8hrs.

My cop friend gave me a number to call. I guess someone comes and talks to them. Then they disappear.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Much nicer than my van, which I park across the street from your house in.

[​IMG]

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Welcome to the squid game. You are about to get picked up.

BossHogg713, tinman, Yung-T and 9 others like this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Show him your Best Neighborhood Watch badge and get him the f_ck out of there. Freedom only goes so far. Damn hippies! ;)

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Maybe he's on call. Many plumbers work 24/7 and that's his zone/neighborhood he's been asked to service. A residential area is most likely safer to idle in than a commercial space.

To answer your question, I would just ask him politely to move along since you have some guests coming to park in that area.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hopefully the guy is billing longer hours for a job, or he's watching diy videos on plumbing before going to a job. Or he's on call etc for the area.

Still it's odd to pick the same spot... The only time I've seen something similar is when there's a construction site near by but you would then have a lot more cars parked and they'd actually leave their car to actually go to work. You'd also have a variance on cars by who got to the site first that day.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

[​IMG]

Stick this photo on his windshield

Smokey, Kim and Slyonebluejay like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Guy could literally have lost his housing but not yet lost his job so he just hangs out a lot in his van.

But more importantly, I think we should all give a little love to our former colleague moestavern. He and his neckbeard deserve better than accusations of being a creeper. Here's to his salad days on the BBS:

[​IMG]

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. Aware

Aware Member

Dude probably thinking wtf there is a creepy guy taking pictures of me

jiggyfly, BossHogg713, Yung-T and 8 others like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Show him some respect. He lives in a trailer, not a van.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's a bit wild brother

If you are this concerned have you called the police or the company?

Perhaps you can try lifting some weights in your front yard while staring at him, let him know what he's dealing with

jiggyfly, BigM, Yung-T and 7 others like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

His finest work on the bbs:

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/what-women-want.107457/page-7#post-2158816

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Company called, nobody answers. Voicemail and email sent. The next time he's out there and it is after midnight and he's been sitting for three or four hours and I can document it with timestamped photos, I plan to call the police. I figure the police will take it more seriously in the middle of the night.

The point of following him was i was concerned that he lived next door or just around the corner and I was taking it out of context. If my next door neighbor parks on the street smoking for 6 hours a day, that seems a little odd, but none of my business. Someone who lives half-an-hour away who does the same is more of a cause for concern.

#18 Ottomaton, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Every time I see him there late at night i give him the stink-eye. Ive done several things that should make it super obvious how I feel.

Admittedly super passive-agressive, but I'm afraid that if I confront him directly I will lose my temper and escalate well beyond what I would consider appropriate.

If he doesn't understand how I feel about him by now, he is severely Autistic, which I guess is possible.

#19 Ottomaton, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member