1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy Utah Trade - ESPN Says "It Works"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raspy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lies. I'd accept Deron Williams without hesitation. Hell, I'd even accept Ronnie Brewer.

2. BK219

BK219 Member

I don't think we'd be contenders with that core. Kirilenko isn't that great anymore and Okur, like somebody said above, is just a more developed David Andersen. I think all that would do is give the Jazz more cap space and a better roster with T-Mac on board.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, it's kind of ridiculous that you're taking what Adelman says at face value. The fact is we have no idea what management are really thinking. But what else can he say? I have no idea what is really going on. But if McGrady just sucks, he can't say that. It hurts McGrady's trade value. If McGrady is becoming a locker room problem, he can't say that. It hurts McGrady's trade value. He can't even say "McGrady has been a real pro. He's looking fantastic. He just isn't in our future plans because we want to develop our young guys" because again, that hurts our position in trades. Basically, all he can say is "we're working him in but not rushing things".

Unfortunately, McGrady has ran his mouth to the media so much it doesn't matter. Everybody knows the Rockets desperately want to be rid of McGrady.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man, I didn't know there was a way to get rid of McGrady and actually make the team douchier. Congrants.

The douche factor is not quite maximized, though, unless you include Boozer.

5. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I might be able to live with Okur, but NEVER Kirilenko or Korver.

6. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Pass. The Rockets have to use this opportunity to get a all-star type player. This deal loads us down with bad contracts without accomplishing that goal.

We are going to have to be patient whether we like it or not. Send McGrady away to train and just wait until the trade deadline to make a deal for Martin and/or Bosh.

If we can't work either of those trades out, trade Battier for an expiring deal and look to sign a max free agent in the off season.

Anything short of obtaining a star player, given the circumstances, is failure.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You are basically saying Morey is a liar. Morey on Dec 26th: “There’s been no talk of trade.” But, everyone and their mothers has articles saying that is all the Rockets are trying to do while quoting a secret source. Why would Morey say that...and then secretly be actively trying to trade Tmac? I could understand if the right deal presented itself...Morey could have a change of heart. But, I would think Morey would have more integrity than to mislead his own city's fans about the situation. Or, a lot has changed in two days.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

The organisation the Rockets should never trade or do business with period:
    UTAH JAZZ !!

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

How do you become a title contender with that lot? They didn't help Deron Williams and he has been one of the best young PGs in the NBA for the last few years.

Why do you hate the Rockets that you want us sidelined with AK47 his crappy contract?

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

oh hai guyz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. joesr

joesr Member

what happened to the random trade ideas??? man these damn noobs need to keep up

12. Ivan_a7x

Ivan_a7x Member

How about Tmac to indiana for troy murphy and tj ford?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Getting rid of Matt Harpring's $7 million contract = Eric Maynor.

Getting rid of Andrei Kirilenko's $17 million contract next year = ? NYC first round pick?

14. jboger

jboger Member

that trade would be great we get a center we get a beast shooting guard in kyle and ak47 has just as much as defense as shane so get it done :p

15. Afterlife

Afterlife Member

what he said.

16. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

3 of the most annoying Jazz players. :mad:

17. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

I would die a little inside if we traded anyone for the SCUM utah has to offer. :mad:

18. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Contenders for what
    THE LOTTERY ?!!

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NEVER.

20. Yak

Yak Member

[​IMG]