1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy Prediction OKC fire Brooks hire Jackson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, May 2, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

To be fair they would have most likely swept the rockets with RW. Spo gets all this credit for being a good coach when everyone wanted to fire him after the dallas series. Mike Brown took the Cavs to the finals won COY and got fired. Ultimately it is about the players and without RW the thunder aren't going to win.

2. H-Town™

H-Town™ Member

I don't think Brooks is going anywhere

3. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Brooks is a joke as a head coach and got exposed big time once Westbrook went down. I was surprised he got hired in the first place...he just didn't seem like head coaching material both in temperament and in basketball knowledge. That said, there is a 0% chance that OKC fires Brooks if the Rockets come back and win this series. I do think his seat will be much warmer next season though and eventually the axe will fall.

Brooks's days as an NBA head coach are numbered. I suspect he knows this himself.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. TISNF

TISNF Member

And the Clippers should hire Adelman.

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I agree with this. He was offering #2 + Shard for #1 pick to Portland to get Oden also. Lucky Portland said no.

He just lucked on stumbling upon Durant. Westbrook would be seen as a Starbury, Francis, or AI type without Durant (super volume shooter, who doesn't keep teammates involved).

Presti should've understood the situation with Harden and focused on this year, and next year if you get the tax you can cut Perkins, or just pay the damn tax. If you get deep into the playoffs year after year, you can afford it. I don't care how small market your team is

7. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Spo is only good because I believe Riley is in his ear, and he listens and follows what Riley tells him. You can't ask for a better coaching mentor than Pat Riley.

Mike Brown, I knew was a joke then, and I knew is a joke now. It was just like ESPN spouting that Lebron had good teammates in Cleveland, lots of solid role players, then they name Mo Williams as their example.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Phil Jackson is something like 70 years old. I sincerely doubt he's worried about what the city has to offer.

Do they have Werthers hard candies? Do they have nipple high pants? Do they have Murder She Wrote marathons? Yes, yes and yes? Cool. I think Phil will be just fine there then.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Ermm, Minnesota traded the #5 pick for the #3 pick because Presti wanted OJ Mayo, but that trade meant he took Westbrook instead.

The luxury tax issue, that's on Clay Bennett, not Presti.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Brooks has a good enough excuse not to get fired.

11. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

How quickly people forget that Thunder went to the Finals last year by beating Spurs four straight games, the same Spurs who had 20-game win streak and best record in NBA.

Now we are talking about Brooks losing his job?? The same Brooks who outcoached Pop last year?

Thunder is missing one of their two superstars and role players aren't able to step up. Thunder fans understood this. Why would us?

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

JVG is HORRIBLE at offensive schemes. When he was here the only play he ran consistent was Tmac high pick & roll w/ Yao. We were also last in possessions per game every year. No fast breaks, no backdoor cuts, no easy buckets.

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It must be nice to never have to build a team. Just latch on to the next rising star and have everyone proclaim you the greatest coach to ever live.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Mike Brown Cleveland offense I see

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you believe OKC fans/followers support Scott Brooks, forget it. For very good reasons, there is a hearty lack of respect for the guy. Check out this interview by Henry Abbott with a key Thunder blogger who doesn't exactly praise coach Bonehead. If you go back months/years and read what OKC bloggers, local beatwriters and national writers say about Bonehead, it isn't very good at all.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/otd9mWiWJw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I never said Thunder fans supported Brooks or not. They don't throw him under the bus because of the loss last night or calling for Brooks firing.

Some even called him 'one of the worst' coaches when he was the beholder of best record from a tough WC. Because he lost a couple of games? It just doesnt make sense...

17. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

are we not remembering that they are playing without westbrook

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That guy didnt give Houston ANY credit! Hopefully the team is that over confident...

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is a lot more to it than that. Bonehead has been Thunder head coach for 5 years and has a track record. It's way too long to list. He clearly isn't the sharpest tool out there and over the years he can't seem to see stuff everyone else thinks is obvious.

I didn't say people were throwing him under the bus for last night, but the way OKC came out in game 5 didn't help his case at all. Stupidly continuing to foul Asik after the lead was cut didn't either. If the Thunder lose games 6 & 7, he WILL be thrown under the bus.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Harden trade still has some some quality future first round picks, right? It is just a touch early to say Presti got pantsed by Morey.