1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Crash the Party"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BrotherFish, Apr 15, 2010.

1. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

I wonder how much of the "negative" propaganda towards the Tea Party is just a "setup" by extremist on the left try to derail a legitimate opposition against the current course of government. :(

Here is just one example......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/15/oregon-probes-teacher-determined-demolish-tea-party/

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=6008

So remember the "deer-lick of salt" advice when you hear propaganda (supposed emails included ;) ) against the Tea Party.

Just trying to be "Fair and Balanced" :p

1 person likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another effort by the tea party to deny they have racists and bigots in their mists, and instead blame others.

When is the tea party going to actually take some responsibility? The next time they do will be the first. For people who seem to cherish telling others to take responsibility it's time they practiced what they preached.

1 person likes this.
  3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

As I said in another thread --

I too would like to hear from a mythical "good and honorable" teabagger.

You know? One who actually lives in the world of reality.

still waiting.....

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I do know. I tried to rep you for that. I just have to spread more first.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I think we can just generically copy and paste this response into every teabagger-defense thread.

Seriously.

Repped.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yes, negative coverage of the tea party makes someone an "extremist on the left". OK.

No you're not.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Funny you talk about propaganda, as if we don't realize you're spewing it pretty profusely.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Preemptive propaganda is a good strategy to disguise stupidity.
    Well Done!

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Somewhere between very little and none.

So, you decry "propaganda" on the left and, to bolster your argument, use two sources that are close to the very definition of right-wing "propaganda."

Pot, meet kettle.

Well, if you mean that you are trying to spread the Faux "News" talking points, then this statement is accurate. If you are claiming that you are attempting the literal meaning of that phrase, then you are as far from that definition as is possible.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure there are plenty of good and decent folks in the Tea Party movement but it is the nature of our culture that sensationalism sells. I don't see the treatment that the Tea Party is getting is any different than what anti-globalization or anti-war protestors got. Invariably you had the ones with the most extreme signs, extreme costumes or doing the most extreme actions get the coverage rather than the majority of protestors.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There are a couple of differences in the groups themselves.

1. The WTO demonstrators or trying to demonstrate against one particular issue, not claiming to be a movement for overall change on many issues.

2. Protest organizers actually speak out against the violence and often urge peace prior to the demonstrations.

I have yet to see the tea party take any step in the same direction.

Instead they have demonstrated and continue to demonstrate a pattern of denying the racism, and blaming others for the appearance of racism.

12. Dan B.

Dan B. Member

This "Crash The Tea Party" site is the lamest defense I've seen yet.

Weeks AFTER the Tea Baggers are caught calling Congressmen n***rs, a random person somewhere sets up a message board. Within two days the site is a front page story on Fox, despite having a total of 3,000 members (Clutchfans has 39,714 as a point of reference). When someone on this site actually does something, anything worth of note, then we can blame them for the actions of self described Tea Baggers.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From what I've seen of anti-globalization protests is that they tend to be a mismash of issues. While the general focus is anti-globalization the reasons for that range from environmentalism, to labor rights to "F^(K the SYSTEM!" for the sake of f^(king the system. In the same way Tea Party protests also seem to be a mismash of issues from anti-abortion, to gun rights to "F^(K the GOVERNMENT!" for the sake of f^(king the government.

True they often do but that doesn't prevent the protest from being hijacked by a few crazies wearing bandanas and carrying bricks. It certainly doesn't stop the media from focussing on the crazies rather than the guys quoting MLK.

I can't say whether there have been Tea Party organizers decrying the crazies but I have no doubt that they are out there. That said though in such a movement its not hard for reasonable voices to get drowned out by those yelling and brandishing guns.

14. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

TEA Partiers are people who believe government is getting too big and overtaxing the people who "pull the wagon" in this country. And it’s "ok" to disagree with this viewpoint. That is not the point of discussion here.

ANY other definition or "LABELING" of TEA Partiers is just propaganda by the haters.

Here is "one" poll that will give some idea of what the TEA Party believes. BTW, it's by CBS and NYTimes POLL:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_tea_party_041410.pdf

Are there racist in the TEA Party? Most definitely! :mad:

Are there racists in the Democratic Party? Most definitely! :mad:

There are racists everywhere in the world. So, what's your point--that there are a few more on the right? :rolleyes:

America is economically headed to "hell in a hand basket" (aka Greece) and the TEA partiers are angry because our goverment is just putting their head in the sand and needs to wake up before it’s too late.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/08/us/08iht-letter.html?pagewanted=2

"The numbers are stunning. Over the next 10 years, under President Barack Obama’s budget, the total deficit would be $8.5 trillion; by 2020, the interest payments on the debt would be almost as much as projected spending on all discretionary domestic programs and as much as Medicare outlays that year. The national debt would be approaching $20 trillion in 2020; nice symmetry, horrifying economics."

Of course, it’s easier to dismiss a whole group by just claiming they are "racist" than actually taking a moment to listen to their concerns about the direction this country is going. It's simply the "head in the sand" mentality--which we will all soon regret when our economy starts to collapse.

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Nevermind that silly little fact that you and 95% of the country got a tax cut under Obama.

16. conquistador#11

Members of the tea party are nothing but "minute men" who have gone national, away from the border towns. It seems that way, both are a big insult to the revolution of 1776.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Most tea party members believe their taxes are fair.

There might be racists in the Democratic or Republican party, but they are condemned. They aren't asked to give a racist speech at the opening of their convention. That is not the same of the Tea Party.

18. Dan B.

Dan B. Member

Since they are such fans of the original founders, let's react like George Washington would. Treat em like Daniel Shays

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Another effort by the tea party to deny they have racists and bigots in their mists, and instead blame others.

When is the tea party going to actually take some responsibility? The next time they do will be the first. For people who seem to cherish telling others to take responsibility it's time they practiced what they preached.

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

This thread is supposed to be ironic, right?