1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane-- "Astros Name will not Change"

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by juicystream, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I say hell no to the name change! However, if it was to happen I say we call them The Houston Oilers. Let's stick it to Bud Adams for one last time!

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

If they change the name, take it back to Colt .45's

All of my stuff mostly says Houston or has the H logo anyways.

Seriously though, Colt .45s. Make it happen.

[​IMG]

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

It will never be Colt .45's again. No use even considering that.

I'm telling you right now....eff this up and change the name, Crane, and I'm done. Done. Effing done. My connection is to the Houston Astros. I'm not thrilled with a league change, but if it's still my Houston Astros I'll get over it. But if you reinvent the name and the history, I'm finished. I've waited my entire life for an Astros championship. I've wondered and talked at length about whether it will happen during my lifetime. If it does happen, I don't want it to be under the name of anything other than ASTROS. I dare you to piss off lifelong fans, Crane. Great start, jackass. Go harass someone else..like your effing employees.

I can live with either of the other Houston franchises changing names/colors/whatever. Hell, the effing Rockets wear blue with pinstripes immediately after winning back to back titles (thanks for that crapfest, Les). But don't effing eff with my Astros. I'll say mean things...and I'll stop paying for any of it. Bye, now.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

How do you know no one is considering it? The Astros name is dated and the space race is over. IF we change it, change it to something with real history.

1 person likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Member

go back to the GARM, hoopster.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

Because the company that manufactures and brands Colt .45's won't allow it. Hell, they didn't allow it then. They were going to have to change the name regardless of a move to the Dome.

On top of that..we live in a world where the name Bullets is deemed politically incorrect..hence, the Wizards. Not gonna happen.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Minute Maid is paying 170 million for the naming rights of a stadium. Colt's Manufacturing Company would say no? What about Colt 45 malt liquor?

8. magnetik

magnetik Member

or even the Gamblers since we're talking about it. It's amazing how times have changed.

9. MadMax

MadMax Member

they're not going to rebrand a sports franchise around a gun in 2012. i'm super sorry. it's not going to happen.

i did buy my 7 year old a great Colt .45's cap for Christmas though.

and by the way...Colt .45's is the ONLY EFFING THING they could call this sorry ass franchise that I'm attached to and love more than any other franchise in all of sports that I'd be ok with.

holy eff i can't believe this jackass even dropped this today. what an effing moron. just saw a chronicle poll that has it at like 90/10 AGAINST a name change. how do you have such little business sense that, in the midst of selling out your fan base to a new league, you wanna push them away for good with a name change for a franchise that's 50 effing years old??? holy eff.

#29 MadMax, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Name change isn't gonna happen. Just making headlines.

Everything else sounds great, though.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Hey this means the trademark is open right? Looks like the Texans got a bunch of trademarks when thinking about which name and Colt .45s was one of them. It seems to be dead, so the Astros could do it.

Could you check this Max? Thnx

http://www.trademarks411.com/marks/75671782-houston-colt-45-s

12. DreamRoxCoogFan

New name- The Houston Big Lots. Great deals for the whole family!

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

I checked it. I read the fine print. As your Clutchfans lawyer, I'm telling you the fine print said, "Hey, CaseyH...it ain't gonna happen!" in Latin.

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

I love almost all of your posts here, but this one is probably my favorite ever. This is the most trick azz busta post eva.

1 person likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

hmmmmm....I have a sneaking suspicion I am lucky to not be paying for this legal advice.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Seriously though MadMax, if they are gonna change the name. Let's say the name Astros is gone, wouldn't you prefer Colt .45s to anything else?

Who is this?

17. MadMax

MadMax Member

i said that already. yes. but i can not imagine a pro sports franchise embracing the name of a gun as the name of its franchise in 2012. i can not see that happening. again, see Washington Bullets.

18. juicystream

juicystream Member

It sucks that Crane does something great, and we are focused on the potential negative.

No way he changes the name, since popular opinion is so one-sided. Unlike the league change there is no handcuff or financial gain for him to go against the fans. I think a uni change will happen, though I like the current unis. I'd be happy with the uniforms from the 80's/90's or a slight variation, but hopefully he'd let us vote.

19. juicystream

juicystream Member

To be fair, doesn't DC have a ridiculously high gun crime rate? Though its probably best to say PC.

20. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah, i don't know. i just can't imagine a pro sports franchise in 2012 changing it's name to reflect that of a brand of gun. i just can't see that happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.