1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cracksmokers of the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pugsly8422, Aug 10, 2004.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

This has probably been posted before, but I just find it kind of funny looking at these things. Just go over to the left and pick NBA to see a list of the players. I originally thought it was problems with the law, but after reading a few I noticed some of them are based on "on-court" problems, like Jim Jackson. Oh well, enjoy.

http://www.cracksmoker.com/

Be sure to read about Leon Smith, gotta be the worst ever.

Pugs

#1 pugsly8422, Aug 10, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  2. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I dont know, Vernon Maxwells wasnt pretty either.

3. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

CRACKSMOKERS OF THE NBA

CHIEVOUS, DERRICK
    Former Missouri basketball star Derrick Chievous has been charged with felony stealing for allegedly taking items from the United Parcel Service terminal where he had worked for nine months. Columbia police arrested Chievous on Friday after he allegedly fled from UPS managers. He was released Saturday afternoon from the Boone County Jail on $5,000 bond. He was named an All-American in 1987 and was the No. 1 draft choice of the Houston Rockets of the NBA in 1988. Columbia police Sgt. Steve Monticelli said Chievous had been under investigation in recent months for possible theft from UPS involving shipments carried by the delivery service. A manager confronted Chievous on Friday morning and he fled, Monticelli said. Police later captured Chievous without incident and recovered missing property.

:eek: :eek:

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

HOWARD, JUWAN
    Dallas Mavericks star Juwan Howard has been sued by a woman who contends he knowingly infected her with genital herpes. Howard's lawyer, Frederick Sperling, said Wednesday his client denies the charges and will ``vigorously defend this case.'' The lawsuit seeks more than $50,000 in damages. Dana Hughes filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court on Tuesday. She says she contracted the herpes simplex virus type 2 between August and December 1998, when she had sexual relations with Howard. She said Howard was her only sex partner during that time. Hughes and Howard had been friends since high school, the lawsuit says. She said Howard should have known he had the virus and therefore refrained from sex with her. Genital herpes and cold sores result from closely related viruses. Herpes simplex virus type 1, or HSV-1, causes fever blisters on the mouth, while HSV-2 triggers sores on the genitals. Once acquired, both infections last a lifetime.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20010307/ap-mavericks-howard-lawsuit.html
    Washington Bullets forward Juwan Howard, who became the NBA's first $100 million man last summer, was arrested on a drunk driving charge early Monday morning. According to police, Howard was stopped for speeding and then arrested for driving while intoxicated at 3:40 a.m. ET. He was released on his recognizance.
    http://espn.go.com/editors/nba/news/961111howard.html
    There are no imminent plans to arrest Juwan Howard and Chris Webber, and police say they need more time to investigate the sexual assault complaint involving the Washington Wizards teammates. A Connecticut woman contends she was assaulted April 6 at Howard's suburban Maryland house during a party, attended by Howard and Webber.
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/page/covers/basketball/apr98/wizards41498.htm

5. foodworld

foodworld Member

Oh, my...

ROBERTSON, ALVIN
    11/01
    Two-time NBA All-Star and Olympic gold medalist Alvin Robertson has been sentenced to three years in prison for a probation violation involving a rape accusation. Robertson was sentenced Tuesday despite his long-time girlfriend recanting the rape account she made to police the morning of the alleged attack. State District Judge Sid Harle, in imposing the sentence, said he found it "more likely than not" that Robertson, 39, raped her during the visit to her San Antonio residence on Nov. 17. Robertson's girlfriend, appearing Monday as a hostile witness, testified she had accused Robertson of rape to get even with him after she felt he was disrespectful of her during a sexual encounter that was consensual. In probation revocation hearings, a finding of absolute guilt is not necessary; prosecutors need only show that it's likely a violation occurred. Robertson has not been criminally charged in the alleged rape, and prosecutors said they still are considering their options. At the time the sex allegations surfaced, Robertson, who is married with three children and now runs a construction company, was more than halfway through a 10- year probation he received in 1996. That followed his conviction of breaking into the apartment of anther former girlfriend, slashing clothes and furniture and taking jewelry. The criminal mischief charge involved vandalism to the woman's car. Robertson rose in court Tuesday to express his displeasure with the justice system. "I came in here with criminal mischief charges and now I'm an alleged rapist," he said in a clear, strong voice. "Ever since I've been in the system, for each and every allegation I've had to stand up and (prove my innocence). ... I absolutely did not rape anybody. I never committed a sexual assault. I'm screaming in the wilderness." Judge Harle ruled that Robertson had violated his probation by using drugs and alcohol and by committing a sexual assault. Robertson had spent months trying to avoid incarceration. He could have been sent back to prison last summer after testing positive for cocaine. Instead, Harle ordered Robertson to complete an intensive residential drug treatment program. Court records indicate he tested positive for drugs on at least three separate occasions last year. Last summer, he was ordered to spend 30 days at a residential treatment facility after he tested positive for cocaine. He has yet to do that, however.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That list on Juwan Howard's makes Richard Justice's column about the more mature Rockets even more ridiculous.

7. Val

Val Member

Even trainers get into legal problems - Dr. Gary Vitti!

VITTI, GARY
    5/01

Los Angeles Lakers trainer Gary Vitti was found innocent Wednesday of choking his former fiancee during an argument in their Manhattan Beach home. A Torrance Superior Court jury acquitted Vitti, 46, of one misdemeanor count of corporal injury on a cohabitant. Vitti was arrested after Wendy Newton, 35, said he grabbed her by the neck during a May 29 argument and slammed her against a wall, briefly knocking her unconscious. He did not testify at his trial, but defense attorney Carl A. Capozzola denied that Vitti choked Newton. Vitti is in his 17th season with the Lakers, the longest tenure of any trainer in the basketball team's history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/ap/20010321/ap-lakers-trainer.html

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Rod Strickland runs a page and a half.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Kobe was cracksmoker of the year.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I know it's naive...but I'd rather not know this stuff. I just like to watch basketball.

:(

11. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

12. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Then don't read it? I'd rather watch basketball too, but we still have well over a month to wait.

Pugs

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anthony Mason, Allen Iverson and Isaiah Rider all have impressive bio's as well. These guys seriously took it to heart when their mothers told them to be the best at whatever they do.