1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CPS Feminazi has daughter taken away from father

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NIsnbUxAPhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From the YT page, the father describes the situation as:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My god, I haven't been this angry in so long.

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

I think the correct summary is that a judge has mostly taken the child away. The CPS lady just said some things he didn't like and he recorded her. She is right, though, if the court says he can't have the information there is nothing she can do.

3. treeman

treeman Member

I worked as a CPS Investigator for about 6 months. Worst job I ever had. I'd rather go back to Iraq. That said, they generally do not bother with witch hunts. The case loads are ridiculous and they don't have time to waste on frivolous BS. In my 6 months I only had one removal, and that was a serious meth case involving 2 babies. Everything else was handled outside of court.

I didn't watch the whole vid (I know, I should, but I have to sleep). This sounds like a medical neglect case. In my experience medical neglect cases are almost always workable without removing or involving the courts. I have a VERY hard time believing that that is the only thing going on here. Telling his kid about side effects is NOT reason to remove, and I've never heard of a judge who would remove under those circumstances. There is almost certainly more to this case.

But looking at this video I see nothing that would warrant a removal.

CPS is heavily staffed by women, though, and they do have a tendency to ignore the father and his desires in cases. That always pissed me off when I was with the agency.

4. Dei

Dei Member

The evidence used was what the agent reported.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Knowing that makes this case even stranger.

Here's the account of the father: http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/government-tyranny/missing-anya/

It's quite long but it feels very sound.

6. treeman

treeman Member

OK, a few thoughts...

from his blog:

One evening, in April of 2010, Anya misbehaved and I gave her a light slap on her bottom. Suzanne called CPS, who investigated the call without even talking to me. Soon after, they found me guilty of maltreatment. The official record was started.

Spanking your kid on the butt is not abuse. It's perfectly legal in the state of TX as long as you don't leave a mark and and it's on the butt. I;ve read alot of abuse reports and know what gets screened out and what doesn't. A "light slap on the butt" gets screened out. And they won't find it RTB (reason to believe, the CPS equivalent of guilty) unless there is physical or other corroborating evidence. Again, there is more to it than this story tells.

The guy then proceeds to move into an apartment right next to the mother? After they split up, and have a kid together? That is EXTREMELY strange. It sounds like stalking behavior. Most divorcees who actually want to move on would not do such a thing.

The rest of it sounds like typical custody fight BS. Parents using the kids to get at each other. I saw WAY too much of that garbage while I was there.

This guy is not telling the whole story. That video was edited, that was clear. Why edit it? I didn't even hear the actual, specific allegations. I think they were edited out.

The removal may well have been inappropriate, but it's impossible to judge that based upon the available evidence. The father is clearly hiding something. The mother is probably no saint either. Generally in these cases either one side is clearly wrong or both sides are, and people lie as a matter of course.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dei

Dei Member

No comment on the other stuff but he did say he moved to an adjacent apartment for the kid.

8. Dei

Dei Member

Anyway, treeman, do you think he's been cherry coating all the other events he accounted, particularly the process by the court and CPS: the relative favor towards the mother in the court hearings, court orders to severely limit the topics he was allowed to talk with his daughter, the way the CPS agent did their session etc.?

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

No, to me it sounded as if this was a new complaint filed by the wife (because the daughter came back freaked out and saying her mom was trying topoison her) so they had to talk to all parties and then report to the judge. There clearly is plenty of previous legal action. All CPS is doing is interviewing and then giving the court the info about the most recent complaint that will then go into the case files. But the complaint stuff happened after he was given limited visitation, not allowed to know where she lives, etc.

One other note. If the CPS lady is repeatedly telling the dad things he can do better when with the daughter then that suggests he will still see her. Also, why is the video from 2011 getting posted now?

10. Dei

Dei Member

rimbaud, his daughter was taken away from him 5 days after the video was taken. I'm too lazy to reread the articles but from, what I can remember and from how accurate your account has been, I disagree with your facts.

Dunno why it's just getting posted now but it only made front page at AVoiceforMen a few days ago.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

CPS has no jurisdiction in custody cases -- they're two separate entities -- DFPS and the Attorney General.

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

It's inappropriate to discuss medication and symptoms with your own child? WTF?!

13. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously? My "facts" are in the video where everyone is discussing a situation that already exists. Where he only had 8 hours a week to see his daughter, where he wasn't allowed to know where she lived or who her doctor was, etc. That is because of decisions that had been made way before the video was taken.

My other fact is that CPS didn't take her away. They investigated a complaint (made after the dad had limited visitation) when the daughter angrily came home to the mom and asked why she was poisoning her. The CPS lady repeatedly said they will be reporting to the court what the dad, daughter, and wife said during the investigation. If there was more to the complaint than the side effects/poisoning bit then the dad edited it out.

That info is just from the edited video the dad posted. Who knows what the rest of the story is but it must be much worse if the court later ruled to remove all visitation from the dad.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

You are only reading one side of the story from someone who is going to be very biased regarding it. Further you've made no attempt to hide that you are biased reading this based on the title of this thread.

I have just skimmed over the material and I would want to hear the other side of the argument before saying whether CPS was in the wrong.

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

I do think it is inappropriate to start reading random side effects of a multitude of drugs to a young child. And, of course, I think there is more to the story because the girl went home and accused the mom of poisoning her. That word came from her dad, most likely.

In any event, I have a normal almost-8 year old and the only meds he has ever been on are antibiotics. I think it would be bad parenting to call him over to my computer and read to him the side effects of a bunch of different kinds of antibiotics because it would freak him out. Hey, son, did you know that the medicine you are taking could cause all of this:

white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
    fever, swollen glands, rash or itching, joint pain, or general ill feeling;
    severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
    pale or yellowed skin, yellowing of the eyes, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
    severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or
    easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

You're probably right, the father is probably not all that innocent here, but I don't see how discussing with your own child the medications she is taking (that you haven't been informed of). Putting ideas in your child's head that her mother is poisoning her is another thing, but discussing medication and symptoms to figure out what your child is taking since the mother doesn't think she owes an explanation to the father. I think that is irresponsible. You give your child to someone for a day and she is taking serious psychotropic drugs? The guardian needs to be aware of medications. Don't even pre-schools require you inform them of any drugs the child is on?

Lol, I must be pretty tired still, because I read that as "I have an almost normal 8 year old" and busted out laughing. An "almost-8 year old" isn't nearly as funny. :grin:

It would be bad parenting to freak him out about it, but who is to say that's how it happened? I don't have ear phones at work, and had to stop watching about 12 minutes into the video, but I didn't get the impression that's necessarily how he acted.

For all we know, or I know (maybe they went into more detail in the second half of the video), he could have been like this:

Hey hunny, so you said your heart hearts? What else hurts? Does this hurt? What color was the pill? When did you get it? Who gave it to you? Tell me about your doctor? Did X happen? did Y happen? Did Z happen? Would an 8 year old really understand most symptoms if you didn't break it down? I don't have kids, so maybe they understand this more than I would think, but if you are talking to a kid, and you say "do your lips feel sore? do you think your skin is a different color? etc." Would a kid hear that and think, omg I'm dying? I don't know, your a parent, I'm not, and I was raised in a different age where I wasn't exposed to so much explicit entertainment.

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah if it were me I would ask questions like you wrote. I would write them down and would investigate on my own. I wrote that I have a normal 8 year old because of the implications from the video that the daughter has diagnosed conditions that, wether warranted (he now says she is just gifted, sure), means she has shown signs of extreme sensitivity at the least. So not only do you have youth but you have an emotional fragility/volatility.

But I also don't think if my child was dancing around all crazy and then sat down and complained of heart pain that I would immediately say that it must be her medication and then start looking random things up on the internet.

18. treeman

treeman Member

Of course he's going to cherry-coat it. There are always two sides in these things, and both sides are usually willing to lie and omit inconvenient information in my experience.

As someone else mentioned CPS does not have any jurisdiction in custody cases. Families do, however, very often try to use CPS against each other in custody battles. They will call cases on each other so they can bring any case determinations against each other in court, and CPS investigators are frequently called to testify in custody cases.

I had one case where I was called to testify by the father in a custody fight because he knew I had nothing on him; passed his drug test, home visits were all kosher, had good references, etc. He wanted me to testify to all of that in court, and I did. His lawyers were all smiles while I was on the stand. And then the other side got to ask their questions, and I got to tell them about the Department's concerns about his extensive history with drug abuse, his extensive criminal history, and the two pending counts of distribution of a controlled substance and the pending charge of child endangerment relating to a drug deal in which he had his infant daughter in the car with him. His lawyers' faces went white when we got to that part. I found out the next Monday that he'd lost custody of his kids...

Parents use CPS against each other all the time. CPS even has a term for it: D&C, divorce and custody. Probably half of our cases were D&C.

As for preferential treatment for the mother in court, it's hard to say anything on that unless one actually saw what happened. That could also be dad not telling the God's-honest truth. Or it could be true. It does happen, though.

The interview was not really out of the ordinary. Investigators will sometimes play hardball when they suspect someone is BSing them.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No such thing as a "feminazi," CPS does work the rest of us wouldn't be willing or able to, and divorce cases with a custody component are sometimes bull**** (on my experience from the kid's perspective).

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Wow, is that the first non-ironic, non-AM Radio use of the term feminazi in about 15 years?

Let me guess, you own a lot of "As Seen on TV" items and are posting this via Magic Jack.