1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 / Scott Foster Feud

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lnchan, Sep 2, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

With CP3 as union president this may be the end of Scott Foster. This is far worse than Drexler v Jake O'Donnell.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

That's bullshit... That ref ain't that damn bold

linvetb6, King1, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

As much as I like CP, I tend to side with Foster on this. Chris's strategy is predicated on mucking up the game and forcing the refs to make questionable calls in his team's favor. So, it's only natural that there will be a large number of calls or no-calls that *might* have gone his way, but didn't. His losing streak with Foster reffing games is nothing more than a coincidence, I think.

ak99999, Patience, jcmoon and 4 others like this.
  4. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

To add to op. Based on CP3's comments in his post-game interview, Scott Foster deliberately called for the floor to be swept to allow a team to get a look at a replay before deciding to challenge a call or not. This action is outside the scope of a referee and potentially compromises the integrity of the game. To me this is a story and should be looked at by the reporters and the nba. I know it isn't much but if Foster is willing to engage in behavior outside his scope as a ref, what else does he do to manipulate games? Foster should be pulled off playoff games until this is thoroughly reviewed by the league.

#4 ThisIsOurCity, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Scott Foster still one of the worst refs in the game but there's a number of them trying to get up to his status. It's disgusting to see/watch

6. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I think it's hilarious that CP3 is b****ing and moaning about Scott Foster when the refs have been so hilariously in favor of OKC the entire series, but I'm glad that he's calling him out. Foster is very obviously corrupt, he was Donaghy's old gambling pal. And the Game 7 hatchet job against the Warriors in '18 is still enraging.

Personally I'd like to see the players union exert some power over this. The refereeing inconsistency and quality, not just from Foster, is really out of hand. It's making the game less enjoyable to watch, and I'm sure it's making it less enjoyable to play. What if the NBPA went to a strike, or didn't sign the next CBA without some kind of system for referee accountability?

Although, I'm pretty sure this thing goes all the way to the top because $$$ so not really sure what accountability system would be effective. "After investigating ourselves we have concluded we did nothing wrong."

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Foster was a guaranteed loser tonight he hates CP3 and the Rockets.

Omihall23, clos4life, King1 and 6 others like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Just in the 4Q, there were a number of strange calls and some very late, but correct corrections last night.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Foster definitely had that IDGAF energy last night. Maybe the NBA only allows one guest for the NBA refs and he couldn't decide between his wife or his bookie.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Read bookie like boo-key not buh-key. Lol, thought it was another word for boo-thang.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9 players were trying to hoop to close out that game last night but not CP3. CP3 was out there with a pencil and paper, reading glasses on and everything, trying to find a loophole that might allow him to win on a technicality. Lulz. Looked like CLIFF Paul out there trying to paperwork-his-way to a win.

I LOVE IT though. Love Paul. Lol. Sorry.

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

CP3 is an alltime great. Sadly, I trust two strands of spaghetti tied into a knot more than I trust his hamstrings.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Scott Foster was sent in last night to ensure Lebron vs. Harden semi finals.
    No offense Dort!

jcmoon likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Doubt it. Now the game won't be shown in China lol. Suck it China.

Sajan, jcmoon and abaker28 like this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is pretty weird. CP3 is admitting to intentionally causing a delay of game, then complains that Scott Foster called a delay of game penalty because he basically wink-winked CP3 and said, "it's cool CP3, you don't have to cheat, I'm going to help you cheat." Then he called the delay of game? I wonder if Foster was like allowing for a little bit of stall and then CP3 just stalled way too much. So some cheating would have been okay, but it just lasted too long?

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

There wasn't many BAD calls. And CP should play the last ball if he wanted to win and not look at the refs who with the call against Harden basically gave them one in a milion chance to capitalize on a silver platter

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, this is my take on it too. Chris is like "but I thought we had an understanding!" Chris is always trying to bend the rules, and everyone knows it. Hard for me to take his complaints at face value.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Re-watcing the game: the floor is being mopped at the same time as CP3 is stalling with fake shoe tying. So maybe Foster is being a dick or there was a misinterpretation by CP3. Like perhaps Foster was just calling the penalty for CP3 cheating and said to him he didn't have to cheat or something. I don't know. I do find it funny that CP3 admitted to cheating, or more accurately, admitted to trying to delay the game.

Patience likes this.
  19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Scott foster is a terrible ref with an obvious bias against certain teams and players. He shouldn’t be in the league. I’m not sure what the NBA has to gain by keeping a guy like that around.

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I can't stand either one of them, but there's not a chance in Hell that this happened.