1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CP3 and the convenient NBPA mask he hides behind

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hajkov, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

You still don't seem to get what other knowledgeable posters are trying to tell you. There's really only one way to acquire a 3rd star this offseason and that's via sign & trade. It has absolutely ZERO to do with Paul taking less than he's worth.

Wrong. Learn the CBA & salary cap, then create new threads. There are multiple ways to add/remove talent outside of FA.
    Why?? Because you say so? You have no understanding of Fertitta's financial motivations. It's widely understood that he has no problem paying the tax for a title contender. Your thoughts are filled with conjencture and working class emotion.
    OK, other posters (chicken littles) will agree.
    Good. That's your right to do so, but to base your decision on Paul and his willingness to take the max is laughable. That's all we're saying.

rantsolpuella13 and YOLO like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Unless Tilman is lacking brain cells, Morey's not going to get fired for putting together a 65 win team that unfortunately coincided with the best team of all time. And anybody who actually wants that in a couple years is hopelessly dumb.

Cash Cam likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Are there any wealthier players in the league than LeBron or Durant?

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Its fun now because we have a good team that can compete with Golden State. There’s a high probability that Demarcus doesn’t get to play at a high level this year.

People panicking now should get a grip. Reality has hit and guess what, the Rockets are still left with a good chance to win this year.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey is not getting fired. Take a deep breath guys.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. that slim chance shrank to microscopic levels yesterday

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't say he was.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

Cp3 has been somewhat underpaid for his career. Even left money on the table to come here by not picking up that option

9. mockster

mockster Member

They got there money when they started but took key pay cuts when it matters. How is Chris Paul 8th or 9th player at best gonna make more then the best player in the league?.

Lebron James took money cut to join Miami and lakers, Kevin Durant takes a big cut to make room for warriors

I understand they all want their money I don’t blame them but it’s easy to see that the ones that make the little sacrifices get the benefits

10. Moleb

Moleb Member

It all really boils down to Anderson. If he played up to his contact value then this thread and ones similar to it never happen. He's a top 3 worst contract in the NBA. Last time we had a contract like this was Kelvin Cato.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You gotta admit though, that one pre-season game where he had a gazillion blocks that led to the $42 million was pretty awesome to watch.

12. Moleb

Moleb Member

True wasn't it like 9 blocks? He almost had a triple double. But yeah Anderson hasn't had any big games.

13. steddinotayto

I don't remember the exact number but it made me into a believer...so much so that he is forever a part of my screen name

STEve
    EDDie
    CuttINO
    Mo TAYlor
    Kelvin CaTO

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't think the problem is him trying to get the money he can. Hell if he got 90 mil a year from us I wouldn't blame him. What annoys me is him being a liar saying earning a ring is the most important thing to him when money is clearly more important.

15. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Without CP3,you don't even have a b****ing opportunities.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

lol there will be fabricated reasons created in order to b****...pretty much like this thread

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We had no cap space even if we paid CP a cheap deal. Agree with the comments that the lack of cap smoothing directly led to KD on GS

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Ehh... not like he is breaking any precedent. He clearly was hearing from Lebron to join him in LA, I still think it's pretty badass he's just ready to run it back. You can't just look at Boogie being an absolute sellout and use that as an example of how CP3 should behave

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. rserina

rserina Member

Should have take the minimum. Team player.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So he should have signed with the Warriors then?

If a ring should be a players sole driving factor then Kevin Durant should be a hero for going there.