1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cowherd has James Harden not at 1, not at 2, not at....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yuko_dude, Mar 5, 2019.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Durant>Curry.
    Seems kinda silly to not have LBJ in top 5, although not a great year for him.

What puts Kawhi (or Curry this year) ahead of Harden? Or even Giannis for that matter.

I think Harden and Giannis are the only real contenders this year. So any list that doesn't have those two at 1 and 2 is highly suspect. When you examine what Harden and Giannis have actually done....Harden should be ahead.

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Johnny, we have a winner! Tell him what he's won!

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lebron is avg 27/8/8 this season with non-existent defense while the Lakers will miss the playoffs.

Harden avg 27/6/7 in 16' with his infamous bad defensive year while still making the playoffs.

Harden missed all-nba 3rd team

I bet Lebron won't be missing on the all-nba teams.

SWTsig, Reeko, BigM and 2 others like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who's ahead of him at forward?

Giannis
    PG
    Durant
    Kawhi
    ...?

Maybe Griffin?

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

"When Harden is in 'I'm just gonna take over the game and not pass', the Rockets are 11-11."

What is that stat for that? This man really just says nothing and people listen.

Handles likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

...more like Crow Turd

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Per Wiki:

You guys are getting riled up over a guy that has ZERO basketball experience (playing, covering, etc.) and was named Sportscaster of the Year in a state that didn't have a professional sports team until 2017.

Let's keep all of this in mind.

adw and BigShasta like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I did, the Rockets are 12-0 when CP3 has 10 or more assists.

His turnover ratio is way below Hardens, I am not saying take it away from Harden completely, but have CP3 as primary ball handler a lot more often.

DD

Houstunna and RudyTBag like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The only way to make that happen is play them separately more.

James has some flaws as a player. None bigger than the fact he’s pretty useless off ball other than the gravity he creates by pulling his defender out of the play and I don’t think it’s changing.

Conversely his biggest strength is he is likely the best dual threat(passing and scoring) player ever. So taking the ball out of his hands is dumb.

That’s a cool stat, but that doesnt equate to us playing better with Paul controlling the ball more. And clearly doesn’t factor in everything. Paul has had the luxury of playing almost all his games WITH James. The opposite isn’t true.

We are 5-1 when Clint scores 25+. Does it mean the key to winning is getting Clint 25 or is it just a lot easier to win when our big man is feasting on easy buckets?

Fact is we have done our most winning since the Hakeem days with Harden having the ball most on the team.

#69 jordnnnn, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  10. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is my 1000th most favored radio host. Yawn, who cares.

11. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

With these rankings, watch him get a vote next year. He's trying oh so hard.

12. anchel

anchel Member

This doesn't speak bad about Harden necessarily. Harden is an elite scorer, CP an elite PG.

I dont know why people keep paying attention to clowns like this Cowherd...

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Funny thing is, I don’t think James would mind.

CP3 needs to take it upon himself to do this.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry can’t create, can’t defend, and gets abused over and over again by CP3 and Beard in the playoffs. That Curry?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cowturd:

(Paul George) "He's had the best season of any player in the NBA. Giannis & Paul George have had the...again everyone is into James Harden. I feel with Giannis & Paul George I get true two-way players."

Joy Taylor:

Everyone is in on James Harden but for MVP conversation, it's kinda come down to Paul George & Giannis. I think it will go to Giannis because of standings. He's fully deserving. It's not a knock on either one if they don't win. Giannis is fully deserving & Paul is having an incredible season but I do think it will go to Giannis."

16. franchise73

franchise73 Member

I only watched the top 5. Noticed how Harden was the ONLY one that was criticized and called him a ball hog? This guy has some REAL hate towards Harden. Idk if Harden stole his girl on prom night or something but he needs to be slapped!

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

18. deshen

deshen Member

Congratz, Harden. It means you did something special when you are in talks of top 5 in this league.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Curry and Durant are both above Harden how come Rox took them to 7 games last year when they had double the starpower?

It should have been a sweep if both curry and KD are better than him AND they had more help.

20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Harden was averaging 29/6/7.5 that year, and was the only player in the history to not be named to the first team all nba nor to say the 3rd team with those numbers.