1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Covington a Lock to make final roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Oct 22, 2013.

1. x86zibit

x86zibit Member

This kid's got the tools to be the next Paul George. Let's see if his IQ and work ethic match up.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. This makes the worst post written by Coachbadlee look like something written by BimaThug. Thanks for the laugh.

Terrence Jones a lesser Dwight
    D-Mo the next Dirk
    Terrence Williams Lebron Lite
    ..... and I'm sure I'm missing a few

now we have Robert Covington... the next Paul George.... awesome.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Let's not get crazy. LOL.

Those two are my top NBA crushes at the moment, though. :cool:

4. ROCKETrobert

ROCKETrobert Member

We hire Camby as a coach. If we need him later in the year due to injuries then we give him a 10 day contract. Thus we have our 16th man...

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Assuming he clears waivers, that is. And why would he?

6. basketballholic

Why not? The third point guard is not going to see the court except for injury. If that happens why would I prefer Brooks over Canaan?

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Because Brooks is a point guard for the National Basketball Association and Canaan is a future point guard for the National Basketball Association Developmental League.

You're hate for Brooks is beyond obnoxious. He's looked like a very productive player in the preseason that could be very useful this year if needed. Canaan has looked like a lost rookie. Canaan should be better than Brooks in a few years, but saying that he's a better option in case of injury or small-ball is ridiculous.

8. dragician

dragician Member

I hate to see Reggie Williams go.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is the weakest link though. Not counting the rooks. And unless there is a small trade (Greg Smith I am looking at you) then Covington does not deserve a roster spot, Ronnie Brewer does. And I have been a big Covington supporter.

But money talks and sometimes the better player walks. Happened with Lin too.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree but with the caveat that there is no small trade (alias Smith or Jones). And unless Camby rediscovers the fountain of youth, he is not needed on the roster, at least not at the start of the season. Maybe give him a coaching spot until there is a need. That is one way of keeping Covington.

Has anyone confirmed with any source that Covington's roster spot is a given? I know we have heard much speculation but has anyone within the organization confirmed it?

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Covington and Reggie Williams have not been given much of a shot.

I would kill to see Covington start alongside Dwight, and Williams given a shot with Francisco Garcia's minutes...

12. NBA_Bui

NBA_Bui Member

Brewer stays for a good veteran influence in the locker room and for spot minutes in case of injury. Williams is gone, Covington looks to be gone with the signing of Daniels, which is a same. I liked what I saw in him during SL. Anybody know what the latest on Camby is?

1 person likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Royce White was the Lebron and Majic Johnson hybrid

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Bye, everyone other than Brooks :(.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes, they have...just not in fake games. Covington will most likely have time in the NBADL to win time on active list. Williams...based on his lack of time on court, I suspect he has not been that impressive in camp.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brooks has singlehandedly iced the Mavs Game with his 8 points in 5-6 minutes with clutch free throws

17. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Brooks is an above average NBA scorer. That skill will come in handy over the course of the year.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You cannot possibly be serious. LOL.