1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The FDA and the drugmaker say the medication poses no immediate risk to patients.

Everyone is exposed to some nitrosamines; they're common in water and foods such as grilled meats, dairy products, and vegetables, according to the FDA. NDMA may increase the risk of cancer if people are exposed to it at above acceptable levels and over long periods of time. A person might take a drug that contains nitrosamines at or below the acceptable daily intake limits every day for 70 years and not be expected to have an increased risk of cancer, said the agency.

_______

From the article.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Mmhmm. My father died three years after taking it. They don't pull **** off the market for this.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm not trying to be rude in any way at all, and I'm sorry for the loss of your father to cancer, but blaming chantix when he had who knows how many pack years is the classic chicken or egg debate.

Peace be with you. I hope all is well.

ElPigto likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

My wife's sense of smell goes dead sometimes and then sometimes goes haywire and gets extremely sensitive. Could be related to the recent very likely omicron infection we had even though we tested negative on the Mexican rapid tests on our vacation. I've talked to a few guys that still don't really have their sense of smell fully back after months and months.

Dr. Been is one of the doctors that I've watched during covid. I think has been excellent with his discussions has said he used fluvoxamine to help clear long covid symptoms in some patients. I'm just going off memory for this and I could be dead wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the drug he said. It would take me a bit to go back and find the lecture.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, my friend said she sometimes smells cigarette smoke, but other times bacon, and I think she said she was smelling everything at once sometimes. She's a teacher and others she work with seem to have similar symptoms of the cigarette smell long after they've had and "recovered" from the disease. Thanks for the info.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A friend of mine who got infected in April 2020 has been suffering long haul COVID. She's been suffering fatigue and diminished lung capacity for almost two years now. It's been so bad most of this time she's been unable to work.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A researcher I have known for 10+years has bad mental fog post COVID for last year. An IT guy I work with cannot walk between rooms without getting short of breath. Both are in their 50s.

8. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

My friend is an on-base army doctor and he said out of ~40K active duty personnel, about a dozen people had been discharged due to long covid. Percentagewise it is quite low but it's still scary to think that young folks 18-24 years old went from PT studs to struggling to catch their breath going running/rucking.

9. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

A friend of mine can breathe better after covid. He runs marathons and swims across oceans as a hobby.

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I might know the same guy. Is he always going on and on about becoming a masked vigilante crime fighter?

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Does he moonlight as a country western singer also?

KingCheetah and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I got omicron after dealing with long covid for 1.5 years , literally just got better 2 months ago and was the sickest I’ve been. Can only run a quarter of a mile after getting back to where i was, mental fog back. **** this disease

Amiga, Ubiquitin and Xerobull like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

After dodging Covid for two years, it’s finally in my house. My 4yo and 6yo are positive. Symptoms are pretty mild, especially in the 6yo since he is vaccinated. In fact, we thought the 6yo just had a mild cough until the 4yo developed a nasty cough and a fever last night and gave them both home tests this morning. We’re a little concerned for the 4yo because he has had ear infection issues his whole life and already had a bout of pneumonia.

Our 16yo and my wife didn’t test positive and I have no symptoms so I didn’t bother.

The downside of working from home is that you can work when five years ago it would have been a day off to take care of your kids.

The ironic thing is that I made the decision yesterday to just say **** it with masks in voluntary areas. What’s the point? No one else wears them. I will wear one for at least a few weeks more now that Covid is active in my house but it feels like a pointless statement at this point.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

Sideline. The correct word is sideline...

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just to piss y'all off.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Boomers gonna boomer

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

You're aware what age boomers are, right? Be pretty stupid of you if you didn't.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yours?

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

No, you utter moron.

• Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. They’re currently between 57-75 years old (71.6 million in the U.S.)
    • Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 and 1979/80 and is currently between 41-56 years old (65.2 million people in the U.S.)
    • Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1981 and 1994/6. They are currently between 25 and 40 years old (72.1 million in the U.S.)
      • Gen Y.1 = 25-29 years old (around 31 million people in the U.S.)
      • Gen Y.2 = 29-39 (around 42 million people in the U.S.)

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Crap, tested positive. Zero energy this week except to procrastinate. It all makes sense now.