1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Smoke less weed, next time.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The place still smells like weed. Unfortunately coffee shops have the same restrictions. Also the last thing I need is to go to Singapore with MJ on me or in my system. Pretty sure Singapore hasn't relaxed their restrictions on recreational drugs and it would be like the Singaporeans to subject travelers to both a COVID tests and a drug test.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I know 8 people with Omicron. All doing fine. All caught it this week. I probably only knew 2 who ever caught delta. Hoping this helps with herd immunity as it seems to be spreading like wildfire. All were vaccinated.

4. Major

Major Member

You're leaving just in time...

The Netherlands will impose a strict new lockdown starting Sunday at 5 a.m. local time to curb the spread of the Covid-19 Omicron variant, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced in a televised news conference Saturday, according to CNN affiliate RTL News.

Indoor gatherings will be limited to a maximum of two guests until Jan. 14, except on Christmas and New Year’s Eve, when that will be extended to four guests, according to RTL News.

All schools and extracurricular activities will also close until at least Jan. 9, RTL reported. On Jan. 3, the cabinet will decide whether education can reopen after Jan. 10.

Most indoor sports facilities will be closed except for swimming lessons, while outdoor facilities will be open for all ages. Most events will not be permitted, except for funerals, weekly markets selling groceries, and professional sports matches and competitions without spectators.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm fully expecting to lose my job at some point next year. I would love to be wrong but it looks like we're trending back to seeing lockdowns globally again. Welp.

#12785 RedRedemption, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

how did they know its omicron?

JeeberD likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It makes this noise.

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How is the large feline community handling these turbulent times?

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep they put the restrictions in about 5 hours before I left.

The bar in the first floor of my hotel was packed up until it shut down at 5pm yesterday. I guess many knew that might be last call for awhile

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Still too early but it looks like if you’re vaccinated or had survived a previous case of COVID Omicron might not be very bad

11. Blake

Let’s call it an educated guess based on their vaccination status, the fact that it is 60% of the Methodist cases and Covid suddenly is spreading like wildfire, etc.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hidalgo needs to call it a code red.

13. Blake

Yeah the people I know all have mild cases. One is has no symptoms .

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Almost positive I had Covid back in 2019 when it started getting crazy (my then company sourced a lot of stuff from China and many of the Chinese came over here and were in the offices when it was first getting started - stupid I know). I had all kinds of congestion, fever, etc. was given Zpacks and it did nothing. All in all lasted about two weeks. My wife had the same thing a week after I started feeling bad.

Took a home test today, shows positive. I feel perfectly fine outside of small body aches in the mornings that go away by 10-11am. Other than that, no other issues.

At least for me, I think it’s safe to say the variants aren’t near as bad as the first round.

It is spreading like wild fire right now. I know several people, both vaccinated and not, that are positive and they are all experiencing different symptoms from chills, body aches, diarrhea, fever, head aches, slight loss of smell/taste, but all are mild symptoms from what they tell me.

mikol13 and Xenon like this.
  15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Yeah, it does seem like maybe most of the population already has some protection via vaccination or a previous infection. Fingers crossed that this will keep most people out of the hospital. Though, I'm already boostered I have been cautious these last few day (not going out etc) until we know for sure.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We just got back from Mexico on Friday for our honeymoon. The trip was amazing but I swore to god both me and my wife both caught omicron. We checked every box for the symptom list. Everything was cold/allergy-like symptoms. We started having symptoms on Tuesday and we took our covid test on Thursday and magically it came back negative. The doctor who did the test at the hotel had a tip jar out so that was pretty funny. Who knows if we actually got covid or not. I was going to do a covid test here just to see out of curiosity but we are both feeling fine now.

I thought we were ****ed lol...but hey if the Mexican covid test said we were negative then I'll just happily agree.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hospitalizations in South Africa have not gone up with omicron. As of yesterday I believe there were 65 people in the hospital with omicron in the entire UK. Wasn't clear if they were hospitalized from omicron or just coincidentally had omicron. I know I've been prematurely dismissive of covid before but this version seems pretty mild.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those stories give me a shudder.

I feel glad that you are good.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you must've put money in the tip jar

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Never honeymoon in Tijuana.

Sajan likes this.