1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's ok. Cancer just means more to me right now.

Stevie Ray. This song always makes me feel a tear.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You know, city slickers pay for this type of experience. You should set something up. Wild Buck Turgison's De-Worming and Cow Immunization Extravaganza. Now with fake COVID cures!

Roscoe Arbuckle and TWS1986 like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They changed how they report their data a few weeks ago and deaths magically have plummeted. I didn’t actually find the specifics behind the changes and I quit trying to find them. There was also something about how it sounded like a whistleblower got fired just before they changed their data reporting.

But yes I think the deaths will eventually show up somewhere. At least I hope they aren’t able to hide them under the rug like Cuomo tried to do.

Ron “Xi Cuomo” DeSantis is putting in great work.

4. cdastros

cdastros Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

$100!! :rolleyes:

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know MATH. I know DATAS.

[​IMG]

JK JK lulz. Couldn't help myself.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I know a firefighter in great shape/very young that's in the hospital right now from this. I'm tired of people just thinking "it's a flu/not me" when it's not even in the same class, if you want to at least appear smarter say "it's like a cold" but I'm sure then you'd realize how dense you sound (hopefully...) - I also realize other viruses fit there too for the cold, but this has to be trolling at this point. I am not saying - don't do things to maintain your business/live life/get help if you're in a bad place, but don't act like it's just a stat either on deaths/long-term health impacts of this for others that are living with it, it's not the same as whatever useless argument I've seen.

Science also isn't like a religion that's been the same for thousands of years... - it changes as better research/experiments are done and it's changing at an extremely high rate.

Sajan, Deckard and TWS1986 like this.
  8. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

Went to Target to see if I could get a booster, the pharmacist says not yet since I’m not a compromised boy. She said to come back next week though.

CCity Zero, Sajan and TWS1986 like this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Too many people act like this, including fatty.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Oh yeah? Why next week? lol.

GOOGOOMECHUCK likes this.
  11. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

I took it as her just saying “we’re probably give you a booster” wink wink

12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Nice, lol.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's been well over a year and I've been around everyone. Thousands.

I truly have no issue if you want the shot. But I don't want to. And there are far more folks in my circle who feel same.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

A child who got into office simply because Orange Man Bad.

I'd rather listen to my son. He's far more intelligent.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You are responding to a tweet where she is simply increasing vaccination capacity. What is there to not listen to?

Ottomaton likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I'm about to take a shower and wash off all the mud and the blood and Ivovmec.

Until next week.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Data is routed to the CDC via different avenues, and these are usually directed at the state level. I haven't heard of any funny business at the hospital level so far but Texas may be aggregating and pruning. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As we saw with the Rebekah Jones COVID reporting scandal, Florida has been cooking their COVID books since almost the beginning.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Feel free to read the entire paper I just posted the end of the discussion section.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.22.457114v1.full.pdf

The SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant is poised to acquire complete resistance to wild-type spike vaccines

SARS-CoV-2 has acquired a number of mutations to date, which have arisen within infected individuals. Therefore, new variants are likely to emerge more frequently in situations where many people are infected. Because the Delta variant is spreading so explosively, it has already acquired numerous additional mutations in the spike protein coding region, suggesting that the Delta variant will continue to acquire further mutations.

Some mutations observed in the RBD of the Delta variant have been reported to be epitopes for anti-RBD neutralizing antibodies (Greaney et al., 2021a; Greaney et al., 2021b; Wang et al., 2021b). Newly emerged variants that adapt to the environment of their host’s immune system will be selected and expand. The Delta variant with 4 additional mutations in the RBD were not neutralized by most BNT162b2-immune sera because of unique mutations in the NTD. More importantly, infectivity of the Delta 4+ was enhanced by some BNT162b2-immune sera.

Furthermore, of the four additional mutations, a Delta variant with three mutations has already been registered in the GISAID database; it is likely that a Delta variant that has acquired five mutations in the RBD in total will acquire additional mutations in the near future. Although we have selected K417N, N439K, E484K, and N501Y as additional mutations for the Delta variant, other combinations of anti-RBD neutralizing epitopes can be expected to have similar or stronger effects than the Delta 4+ variant. Indeed, the Delta 4+ still possess R346, one of major epitope residues for anti-RBD neutralizing antibodies such as C135.

Given the current high mutation rate of SARS-CoV-2, predicting emerging spike mutations is very important to develop effective vaccines against emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. Immunization by dangerous spike protein variants that are likely to emerge in the future may be effective in preventing the emergence of such variants.

A third round of booster immunization with the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine is currently under consideration. Our data suggest that repeated immunization with the wild-type spike may not be effective in controlling the newly emerging Delta variants. We demonstrated that immunization by Delta spike induces antibodies that neutralize not only the Delta variant but also wild-type and the Delta 4+ variant without enhancing the infectivity.

Although mRNA vaccination may yield different results from our animal model, development of mRNA vaccine expressing the Delta spike might be effective for controlling the emerging Delta variant. However, epitopes of the enhancing antibodies, not neutralizing antibodies, are well conserved in most SARS-CoV-2 variants, including the Delta variant.

Therefore, additional immunization of the spike protein derived from SARS-CoV-2 variants may boost enhancing antibodies more than the neutralizing antibodies in individuals who were previously infected with wild-type SARS-CoV-2 or immunized with vaccines composed of wild-type spike protein. Immunization using the RBD alone, which will not induce anti-NTD enhancing antibodies, could be a strategy for a vaccination.

However, anti-NTD neutralizing antibodies that protect against SARS-CoV-2 infection similar to anti-RBD- neutralizing antibodies are not induced by immunization by RBD alone (Chi et al., 2020; Li et al., 2021 ; Liu et al., 2020; Suryadevara et al., 2021; Voss et al., 2021). Whole spike protein containing RBD mutations observed in major variants but lacking the enhancing antibody epitopes may need to be considered as a booster vaccine.

19. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I'm not sure if he is just trolling. It's hard to believe there are people that are of this mindset that are this miserable consistently while trying to appear happy and in control. Sometimes they are trying to compensate for something or had something bad happen when they were younger. I know he isn't worried but I personally have family that weren't going to get the vaccine until they saw what Delta did firsthand. My perfectly healthy and super active teenage niece was in the hospital twice and still is dealing with some of the effects. My brother is super active and competes in weightlifting and more recently long distance running. He couldn't keep food down for over a week and lost over 15 pounds. Still can't taste or smell and trouble catching his breath almost a month later. People in my family caught it before with few symptoms but this time seriously sick. This Delta variant is different but these people don't seem to understand/care until it actually hits someone they love. Hopefully doesn't have to learn the hard way.

rhino17 likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

FLU