1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I heard that St Lukes Woodlands is not taking ambulance or anybody at this time. Go have your heart attack, MVA, appendicitis somewhere else. Congratulations Governor Abbott

Sajan, Jturbofuel and Kim like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Some items I received today:

Texas Hospital Association:

Aug. 13, 2021

Here is today’s THA COVID-19 Update. Please let us know if you have questions. Thank you.

State-Organized Staff Deployment
    On a call with DSHS yesterday, THA learned that state-organized staff will begin to be placed in the next few days, as early as Saturday, with a focus on areas of greatest need. The state also will consider equity and will include both rural and urban areas when placing staff. Note that hospitals must onboard staffing as quickly as possible; the state will be closely monitoring whether staff are idle awaiting to be onboarded. This processing delay in previous state placements has been the largest point of inquiry from FEMA in terms of state reimbursement.

Emergency Rural Health Grants Announced
    Public, nonprofit and tribal organizations can apply until Oct. 12 for a portion of $500 million in American Rescue Plan Act grants to expand access to COVID-19 testing and vaccines, rural health care services, and food assistance through food banks and food distribution facilities. Track 1 Recovery grants will provide $25,000 to $1 million to support immediate health care needs stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic; help prepare for a future pandemic event; or increase access to health care services and improve community health outcomes. Track 2 Impact grants will provide up to $10 million to help sustain improved health outcomes, access to care, and economic development in small communities. For more information, register to attend the agency’s Aug. 19 or Aug. 25 webinars on the program.

Nursing Brief Supports Clinical Collaborations With Students
    The Texas Board of Nursing recently communicated to state nursing schools a policy brief from the National Council of State Board of Nursing on supports for the COVID-19 workforce. The brief proposed that nursing education programs and health care facilities collaborate in a clinical agreement that would allow students to continue to practice in the settings to gain nursing practice skills and alleviate the stresses of the nursing shortages resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. The document also includes an FAQ. As a new semester begins during the COVID-19 surge, the BON is encouraging nursing programs to consider a new or updated partnership with clinical facilities. Such a partnership requires collaboration, planning, and coordination among clinical staff and nursing faculty.

Third Dose for Immunocompromised
    Yesterday, the FDA updated its emergency-use authorizations for the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, allowing for third doses for certain people with compromised immune systems. The broadened EUAs specifically permit solid-organ transplant patients or people with other conditions "that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise" to access additional doses. CMS has indicated it will pay the same amount to administer this additional dose as it did for other doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (approximately $40 each) and will share more information in the coming days about billing and coding.

COVID-19 Hospitalizations Top 11,000 in Texas
    Today’s state data indicates that there are 11,261 COVID-19 hospitalizations in Texas, including a total of 261 pediatric inpatients. The numbers are dramatically increasing as the delta variant circulates and zeroes in on the unvaccinated. COVID-19 dashboard data for Texas is available here.
    Random info, mostly counties south of Houston:

• Galveston County Health District: They are still seeing a large number of positive cases. For the 0-10 age bracket positive tests are high but hospitalization for this group remains low. Positivity and hospitalization by race data remain in the same order (non-Hispanic White, Hispanic White, Non-Hispanic Black). If nursing home cases are excluded from the overall data, there is only a slight change in the numbers.
    • From SETRAC data - Slight decrease in Covid hospitalizations in Galveston County
    • Slight increase in Brazoria (116 Covid and 23 Suspect Covid)
    • Slight increase in Jefferson ( 211 total)

[​IMG]

Slight decrease in Galveston County

[​IMG]

RAC R Overall

[​IMG]

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just got the latest Texas Medical Center info:

Here are the key data trends:

• R(t) for the Greater Houston Area was 1.17 which indicates the virus spread has decreased 14.06%compared to last week’s daily average of 1.36
    • The COVID-19 testing positivity rate was 14.4% for TMC hospital systems which is 10.7% higher than last week’s daily average of 13.0%
    • The average test positivity rate last month was 4.0%, meaning last week's positivity at TMC is 256.3% higher than last month’s daily average.
    • 5,684 people tested positive for COVID-19 in the Greater Houston Area which is an increase of 71.3% compared to the last week’s daily average of 3,318 new cases per day.
    • TMC admitted 393 new COVID-19 patients in TMC hospital institutions which has increased 22.9%compared to last week’s daily average of 320/day.

• The average daily hospitalizations last month were 58/day, meaning that today’s new hospitalizations are 575.9% higher than last month’s daily average.
    • 2,116,320 doses have been administered by TMC institutions. Over the last week, an average of 1,900 doses per day have been administered.

• 1,128,757 people have been fully vaccinated.

It is important to recognize that 393 hospitalizations are the 4th largest number of COVID-19 daily admissions since the start of the pandemic.

The Delta variant continues to move person-to-person throughout our community like a forest fire.

Metrics & Dashboard attached

Attached Files:

jchu14 likes this.
  4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think he tested positive last wednesday. Back in the office today (not sure if it's his first day back or not). I guess that's long enough?

Tax Director got it today. We only hear these things through gossip, company doesn't actually tell anyone.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's really unreal what's happening here. Disheartening. For a ton of reasons, If you haven't gotten a vaccine, please speak to your doctor about it. Not Facebook...not your favorite YouTube personality...but a doctor.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@robbie380 condolences

whiskey, do you mind me asking which private school? pretty strange they got prescribed ivermectic... i don't think most doctors would prescribe that... it might have helped, but suspect just cause they were vaccinated. the ivermectin "debate" is one of the strangest thing of this whole pandemic. we're like 18 months into this and we STILL don't have a legit, controlled, double blind gold standard study on it that shows its effectiveness or lack thereof...

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

A large NIH sponsored trial has completed that showed no clinical benefit. It has not been peer reviewed yet.

The other large trial that showed benefits was retracted recently over major concerns with the raw data and plagiarism.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I hope those weren't your Fall plans, Commodore.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is the literal definition of a vaccine not working.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

When he caught delta, all he had was a mild cough. That’s the vaccine working.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

No. you just said he caught the variant. I've never had a mild case of measles or polio. Stick to your lane or don't. But quit thinking you know a damn thing about this.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So... if I'm wearing a bullet proof vest. I get shot. It doesn't penetrate my skin. But it hurts like hell. It didn't work?

I'm in a car crash. Seatbelt on. I live. But I break some bones. Cuts & scrapes. Didn't work?

I know a guy. Jumped out of a plane. Tore his ACL on the way down. But he lived. Parachute no worked?

I didn't really study bullet proof vests or parachutes in college though. And I didn't see any segments about it on my Facebook. So LANE CHECK on ME. Apologies.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

Understand how a vaccine works. THEN post.

****ing A

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Okay, I'm open minded - which Fox & Friends segment do I need to watch to learn how they work?

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

He caught the variant and had next to no symptoms. That’s exactly what the the vaccine should do. Go back to reviewing Taco Bell.

superfob, Sajan and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

A Vaccine is a vaccine; only time it's been different has been the flu...

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

I don't try to do that these days as far as partisan news. But we can't lose our freedom on a vaccine that we'll need to keep shutting down for.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

If that’s what your chiropractor tells you…

Sajan likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Vs Fauci? Who hasn't handled a patient in 40 years?

And I've talked to multiple doctors in every field. Odd thing about me... I'm popular for some reason.

Regardless, there is absolutely unanimity in doctor's opinions. Period. I hate the politics.

You want the vaccine, get it! But, by definition my not doing it shouldn't affect you. Unless you don't believe the vaccine works.

BTW... Going on 18 months and thousands of folks I've been around. Never had a super spread event happen.

You're living with lies.

#12020 Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021