1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll have to dig in how they test, but some stealth variant that's more different than the original doesn't seem to be the simplest explanation, just the potentially scarier one.

Hadn't heard about the RSV thing: www.inquirer.com /health/flu-shots-rsv-covid-should-children-get-shots-early-this-year-20210809.html

Tl;dr - Flu shots are back...in season.

Good news might be to ask for Tamiflu if you come up negative for Covid. While great when you're knee deep in flu, I didn't have complications when I took it. Beware of side effects if you ask for it.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So my dad has taken a turn for the worse in his recovery. He’s fully vaccinated and he had his first covid symptoms July 30 after his pacemaker procedure a couple days prior. His vitals are all solid but his energy level has crashed. He doesn’t feel safe walking more than a few feet.

I was at his house today and I’ll be heading back out there tomorrow to stay with him for a few days. My cardiologist friend has been helping me and I got him to prescribe a Z-pack because my dad has developed a thick phelmy cough. I don’t want it developing into full pneumonia.

Also, I have to drag him in to actually get a covid test tomorrow. Hopefully it is still positive because my friend said he would be eligible for monoclonal antibody therapy. I couldn't get him to take a covid test before this. I'm going to take one as well just because I'm curious if I'll be covid positive. I've had covid and had 1 moderna shot with decently strong side effects. I've started having pretty minor throat congestion since I've been helping my dad out. It's very likely nothing, but I just want to get tested just in case.

I kind of want to see if I can get him on Ivermectin as well and I'll probably ask my friend if he can prescribe it if it is available.

Invisible Fan and TWS1986 like this.
  3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

The COO of our company tested positive for it, and he's vaccinated. He was in meetings all day that day and talking to people in their offices and at the bathroom urinal. No mask. Honestly, he either felt sick or knew he came in contact with someone who had it (one of those reasons is why he got tested), and still went into work. Now the people who he was with are quarantining, and not able to see their family in their own house, because he was selfish.

Crazy to think how easily it spreads.

Cokebabies, Invisible Fan and TWS1986 like this.
  4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

If you arent able to get him to a clinic to get tested, you can buy a rapid test at CVS and just swab him yourself. It's obviously not as accurate as a PCR test, but if he refuses, it might be your best bet.

TWS1986 and robbie380 like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Latest from TMC:

Here are the key data trends:

• The R(t) for the Greater Houston Area was 1.13 which indicates the virus spread has decreased 16.42% compared to last week’s daily average of 1.36
    • Yesterday, the COVID-19 testing positivity rate was 14.3% for TMC hospital systems which is 10.1% higher than last week’s daily average of 13.0%
    • 2,052 people tested positive for COVID-19 in the Greater Houston Area which is a decrease of 38.15% compared to the last week’s daily average of 3,318 new cases per day.
    • TMC admitted 354 new COVID-19 patients in TMC hospital institutions which has increased 10.7% compared to last week’s daily average of 320/day.
    • The average daily hospitalizations last month were 58/day, meaning that today’s new hospitalizations are 508.8% higher than last month’s daily average.
    • 2,106,111 doses have been administered by TMC institutions. Over the last week, an average of 1,874 doses per day have been administered.

• 1,123,861 people have been fully vaccinated.

Dashboard & Monitoring Metrics attached

Attached Files:

6. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Got a call from the boss this morning that someone I was in contact with yesterday tested positive today. I'm pretty sure I know who it is, and we were less than 6 feet apart in a small conference room for about an hour yesterday. I'm pretty sure she's fully vaccinated, as am I, and we were wearing our masks for the majority of the meeting. I know I took my mask down for about 3-5 minutes when it was my turn to update...I can't remember if she did the same.

I'm not too worried about what's going to happen to me if I catch it, or my wife either, but I definitely don't want to pass it on to my unvaccinated kiddos. I'm stuck at home, wearing an N95 for the next few days. Going to go ahead and schedule a series of tests over the next few days as well...

FrontRunner and TWS1986 like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Hope he gets better man.

FrontRunner and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Damn, he's prob the one who pushed for office work and didn't want to look like he "wasn't setting the best example".

Confirmed sociopath?

The job market is volcanic right now. Best way to get paid right now is to fire up that resume!

ATXNekko likes this.
  9. Gioan Baotixita

https://www.theepochtimes.com/flori...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-08-11

I live in Sarasota, my nephew is in Jacksonville, a sister in Lake Worth, a sister in Boynton Beach, ex brother-in law in Melbourne, cousins and friends in Ft Lauderdale, a sister in Miami, a niece in Homestead and a couple of close friends in the Keys, that just about covered almost the entire state. I talked to them and everybody is doing fine, I asked them about their hospitals because a few of them had some procedures done recently and they said no unusual activities that they can see.

I live about 15 minutes to a hospital here in Sarasota and no unusual activities that I can see.

Maybe somebody's trying to scare you too much, maybe not?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

My dad passed away this morning at home in his recliner. I had talked to him last night at 11pm and was planning on to come by this afternoon to stay a few days. I asked if he wanted me to come over for last night and he said he was ok.

I had talked to my cardiologist friend on the phone while I was there and went over everything and he didn’t feel like he needed to go to the hospital. My ER doc friend didn’t think he needed to go either and my dad wasn’t going to go.

I called this morning around 7am when I woke up and he didn’t answer and thought maybe he was asleep but still it was a little worrisome. Then I called back again around 10am and no answer and I called 7 or 8 times more after that and then started packing up and called my mom then called 911.

The sheriff who found him said he was likely dead for hours and no sign of blood or distress so he probably died in his sleep.

I know he didn’t want to go to the hospital and I know he wasn’t in great shape but I’m still feeling guilty as **** for not just coming over and just accepting him telling me he was ok when I knew he wasn’t doing well.

Writing this is helping me from being completely broken down but this is just so many emotions and memories. He was so ****ing stubborn and I know he would have preferred to die at home than in a hospital but he just kept saying he felt so terrible yesterday.

I’ve been getting stuff taken care of with then sheriff and justice of the peace. They’ve been amazing and I’ve known this day was coming with all the heart issues he’s had but still that doesn’t change the reality of losing a piece of me.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

sorry to hear bro. condolences

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry for your loss man

13. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'm so sorry, robbie...

14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Condolences Robbie.

Just an FYI - Two school teachers we know, fully vaccinated from a small private school here in Austin we attend, both came down with Covid and got quite sick. Both ended up being treated with Ivermectin and returned to normal in just a few days.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

I'm sorry for your loss.

Condolences for you and yours.

16. Gioan Baotixita

Condolences. May your dad R.I.P

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ah man, I'm sorry for your loss. Condolences.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m sorry to hear that. Bless you and him

19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So sorry for your loss Robbie.

20. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Man I'm sorry to hear that.