1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

My best friend is a paramedic. Vaccinated obviously, he doesn’t sniff glue. Anyways he caught delta around a month ago and now this weekend he and his twin brother are suffering from the exact same symptoms as you. Both also tested negative.

Blake likes this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There are
    There are other virus's circulated now that everyone is walking around without a mask.

3. Major

Major Member

"Not my problem" assumes that the virus crushing the healthcare system or causing supply chain disruptions to many different goods or restricting travel and other activities don't impact you. That seems unlikely.

Invisible Fan and JeeberD like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've been walking around in MOPP-4 for over a year now from the time I leave the house till the time I'm finished with decontamination.

Sure I've already had covid, and I'm vaccinated, but the important part is being irrationally afraid.

JumpMan likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not an anti-vaxxer. I support the COVID19 vaccines. That said, the government or society has no right to exclude those who refuse to get vaccinated. Public transportation and private businesses have a right to enforce social distancing and coverings, just like they have a right to refuse people who do not wear proper clothing (No Shoes, No Shirt, No service)

COVID is a fraction of the problem due to supply chain shortages. COVID was the first domino to fall that created a cascade of inevitable problems for supply chains.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This post is so good you should put it on Facebook

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

But the gov does exclude student who do not have valid reasons for being unvaccinated. The gov also punishes you if you are caught driving without a seatbelt. They and society already have established it has and can do this. Would they do it or not for covid is more of a political question than a "having the right" to do it question.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yep, that's what I said in my notes. More importantly, the ancestorial variants are nowhere near as contagious as Delta.

TheFreak likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This sounds seriously weird. I believe all of you and can't help but think that somehow this is related to a Covid variant. Perhaps the testing is being effected. The people I know who got it the last couple of weeks tested positive, and they also had the classic loss of smell and taste. Anyone with this having those symptoms? If not, it could be a very contagious bug going around (in different parts of the country??) at the same time as the highly contagious Delta variant. Very, very strange.

Ziggy and buffalobills!!! like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

I love you all.

Invisible Fan and Deckard like this.
  11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No issues with taste/smell and no fever despite feeling feverish if that makes sense

Deckard and Ziggy like this.
  12. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Likely a result of weak immune systems after a year and a half of wearing masks and being isolated. Immune systems likely would have shut most of these viruses down 2 years ago.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I lost my sense of smell, which is why I was shocked that the covid tests came back negative. I bounced back fairly quickly from this and feel fine now. The two other times I've been sick in the last decade or so it took a couple weeks until the congestion cleared up completely.

Deckard likes this.
  14. rockbox

The tests come back false negative all the time. My friends family had it and the all had the same symptoms, but only one came back positive.

Deckard and Amiga like this.
  15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I took a pcr and rapid test at the same time because of false negatives in the rapid tests. Pcr tests don't have false negatives afaik.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There is extremely high correlation between the least vaxxed states and overall education levels. There is also extremely high correlation with income level as well obviously. These are all also for the most part Republican states.

This shouldn’t really surprise anyone though. I’ve had or seen too many conversations (online or in person) lately where it’s just incredibly clear that one side doesn’t understand what i personally viewed as relatively simple scientific concepts around dna, rna, vaccines and how they work historically, statistics, virus mutations, etc.

95% of us doctors are vaccinated. All living presidents. All Fox News hosts. All members of Congress. Etc.

Deckard likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

Sorry - I do know that. My point is that unvaccinated people ARE vaccinated people's problems.

Why? Government's job is to protect the health and safety of its citizens. We quarantine sick people all the time in all sorts of different ways. George Washington mandated vaccines in the 1700's. We mandate vaccines to attend public school. Since when does society not have the right to exclude people who choose to spread disease to the general population? We've done it all through history and its one of government's core reasons for existing.

Agree with this (obviously)

This is kind of random because anyone could point to any future generic things as reasons for things happening. But if not for Covid, we wouldn't be having supply chain problems today. They are literally linked to transportation and employment issues directly stemming from Covid. It's like saying Covid didn't cause anyone to die because we're all going to die anyway and Covid just accelerated the inevitable.

jchu14, superfob and Deckard like this.
  18. rockbox

PCR doesn't have false positives but will have false negatives if the viral load isn't enough or the tester doesn't go deep enough into your nose.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hope you're feeling better, I have a feeling you're right it's just RSV, I say just that... but I think it's been a lot worse than normal from what I've personally seen. I had some of your symptoms and it took about a week or so to feel better/more normal. The flu season probably will be worse than normal too.

And definitely not saying covid isn't serious or something (I feel like I have to mention that, haha - not to you, but others if they're just coming to the thread). I'm just thinking we could spread something else to the immunocompromised etc. that normally would be less likely to circulate like this seems to be.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My son and my mom, at different times, both has what I believe to have been false negative PCR tests. In assuming not far enough into the nose for either of them.

Deckard likes this.