1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was coming here to post that too! Great news and I'm already thinking about planning my summer travel. Will have to check to see if Singapore will continue it's mandatory 2 week quarantine and fine for travelers.

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think we're a lot closer to the tipping point for demand vs supply than we think. I think in the next 2-3 weeks, you're going to see some states start opening up the shot to anybody that wants it and quit trying to be so precise in who gets it.

Dr. Gottlieb said (and I may have said this in this thread before) there are 100,000,000 Americans that really, really want the vaccine. The next 100,000,000 - 120,000,000 will "get it when they get it" and aren't too worried about getting the first wave. The rest are children that aren't eligible or people that aren't going to get it at all. When we hit that 100,000,000 people vaccinated tipping point, it'll be super easy to walk in somewhere and get a shot.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Anyone, and I mean anyone is welcome to take the vaccine, wear masks, distance, etc. I will respect that.

Please respect that I know I don't need any of it.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

FWIW I'd suggest you consider getting a vaccine if you don't want to be down for a good 2+ weeks. It took me another 2 weeks to get my cardio back at jiujitsu even after my negative test. So about a month of recovery overall. My case overall was mild, but I would have preferred to have had a vaccine than deal with the side effects of covid when I had it. The taste and smell issues and inflamed sinuses were annoying to deal with. I had some balance issues as well.

I wasn't deathly afraid of covid, but there isn't any reason to avoid a vaccine at this point. One of the guys at my gym that is in better shape than me had a rougher go with covid than I did. He can hold his breath for 4 minutes normally but covid really got his lungs good and he was having mild breathing issues. He's 43. He is recovering fine now, but he was out of the gym for about 3 weeks. I'm a few days away from 41 and you aren't young either. Covid isn't like the flu either and avoiding a vaccine is just being stubborn for no good reason. Just my opinion that I thought I'd share.

I still plan on getting vaccinated. The only thing I'm really waiting on at this point is for it to be distributed more widely and for more data about vaccination after recently having covid.

CCity Zero, superfob, malakas and 2 others like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This helps :

malakas likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Dude. It's a numbers game. We've all been exposed to it. Not saying it's the flu, but it spreads like the flu. And I don't do flu vaccinations either. My mother does, and she gets the flu every year...

robbie380 likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Robbie can totally run the numbers for us.

robbie380 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

9. KingCheetah

I warned Robbie to stop going to UFC class with those kids and old men, but I do respect his dedication to gaining the skill to safely take his girl to Whole Foods while she wears her favorite red MVGA hat.

B-Bob and robbie380 like this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Any bets I get sick?

Caveat. Has to be virus related.

Fun fact: A few have private messages sway that I should die. I will, obviously. But not anytime soon!

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

You up for the bet, kid?

12. KingCheetah

I don't want you to get sick.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Lol. kinda? Sorta?

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

get help bro

this is sad

malakas, Duncan McDonuts and B-Bob like this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

This isn't a pandemic by any stretch of historical accuracy. Please show me I'm wrong.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

What's sad is how few likes you have. Nobody likes you.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

arent you like 65? Time to get over trying to be cool

malakas and B-Bob like this.
  18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Roscoe looks like a slimmer, younger Old Man from Pawn Stars.

Old Man died from a pegging fissure fwiw.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You almost remembered more about me than I did lol. I had forgot about that and it was HEB not Whole Foods. :cool:

That said I was ready to ragdoll this homeless guy walking up to people trying to fight them outside of Target in east Austin lol. It's a 50/50 chance that I have more disease on me than they do after I get home from wrasslin'.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is funny. Good work.