1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, on market in long-term, if you leave it in/invest 401k etc you'll always be ahead over time. And you're right - at about ~9% so it destroys any of these joke savings accounts that pay like 1%.

I agree with your sentiment, basically pension is non-existent (except for options you stated), and at least I have control over some of the 401k. And you're right if everything crashed like serious depression there's going to be a lot more concerns.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Echo chamber! LOL

Nook likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Helllllloooo

Amiga likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not over my dead body!

Okay, I'll stop.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Poor use of punctuation, here. hope this wasn't written by a professional PR person.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It was only from him asking around. He doesn’t do any testing or work with these machines.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Deckard, Nook, glad_ken and 5 others like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I don't know. It's a lot to conclude from studying just 11 patients, and this is a pre-print, FWIW. We'll see.

FrontRunner, CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Not sure what was going on in Cali but they just released a massive number of test results. Gonna wait to see if it gets changed or something, but it messes up my data. It seems like without Cali the numbers look "correct" for today.

11. conquistador#11

You should be penalized for not wearing a mask out in public, like menace 2 society, "get out my store. No toilet paper for you" aka refusal of service.
    But the fine yikes. And when is out in public, out in public? walking my dog count as in public? hell naaaw. it's 100% humidity out there walking.
    Them libras have crossed the line. I'd be ok with a bandana but I live in Westview, blue the Salvi eses will roll up on me, thought we were cool homies. I wear that red, that's Maga and Playboymafia territory, homes. F'it I'll just buy a fancy pants mask from Kim Kardashian.
    (also to add, I see most of my neighbors wearing those masks as soon as they get in their cars. I wonder how many will be upset because the judge is demanding them to wear them now)

Haymitch and malakas like this.
  12. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Spring Branch CHIGGA!!!

Bandwagoner and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel like kids between 6-10 years can be educated on the benefits of wearing masks.

Gdaliya and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm starting to think one of my son's may have contracted Covid-19 in November of last year. He goes to school at Hopkins, where they have a huge contingency of mainland Chinese students. Hopkins even has a small satellite campus in China. He went to an ER (twice) with persistent high fever and body aches, but no cough. Negative for strep and the flu.

The wife flew from Vegas to Baltimore to care for him for a whole week because it's unusual for him to go to a doctor, let alone the ER.

Now I wonder if he should be tested for the antibodies whenever that is available.

pahiyas, CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That was CDC bullshit in order to save the masks for the health care workers.

malakas, Nook and CCity Zero like this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I agree. The WHO also. But if you keep on wearing the same dirty ass mask it probably is worse than nothing.

malakas likes this.
  17. HTM

HTM Member

I remember seeing all those articles a month ago, "You don't need/shouldn't acquire medical grade masks because they are useless for you and also medical workers need them" and posting on here that that was the dumbest sh*t I've ever read. It made no sense at all. Like, I understand if you just said, "Hey save them for the people who need them most" but they tried to spin it like they weren't helpful for the regular population... which was like wtf...

CCity Zero and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There are watchdog groups that routinely inspect hospitals. In recent past, we would be get dinged for sticking a post it on a freaking wall. Nowadays, without going to specifics, almost anything passes as "OK" because the CDC and NIH says it's "OK". It's a freaking joke, man.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, the SNOT freaking hurts, like bad. I got tested Monday but still no results. I'm now working from home, waiting. This is the same feeling I had in late February. Massive headaches ( I never get headaches) aches all over, slight fever off and on since last Thursday, gastrointestinal issues and just overall tired. I can smell and taste and have not lost my appetite or beeratite though. I told them it's allergies but they come back with "fevers don't run that long with allergies and under corporate policy you need to go home now." I understand but it's just boring working from home.

I miss my work coffee. These K cups suck.

Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

@Deckard sorry for not responding to your pm sooner as I haven't been internetting much. I ended up giving my 4 n95 masks to a desperate elderly lady on the neighborhood app the day after I offered them to you. She needed them to be around her 95 year old mother, so I let her have them for free. She blessed me like 40 times via text but I think God had me blocked.

malakas, daywalker02, Nook and 3 others like this.