1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

is this the friend's cousins of a friend's friend. or is it your bro's friend's bro in law

CCity Zero and davidio840 like this.
  2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Multiple sauces

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who knew tp was therapeutical.

Yung-T, malakas, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

People have not only been hoarding toilet paper. Most staples have been as well. Food has been purchased in large supplies, as well as cleaning supplies and guns.

joshuaao, CCity Zero, Exiled and 2 others like this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, that's the only logical thing I can think of of... Definitely not stating this as fact, haha

malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

It’s my friend.. she a Texas state rep.

CCity Zero, mikol13 and malakas like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao. lets hoard up on toilet paper and survive on that rather then other things that actually keep you alive. we live in a world of geniuses

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

awesome. i think my cop friend's cousin knows her

CCity Zero and DonkeyMagic like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

LOL I read every word.
    It is stupid AF.

"Many patients who are seriously but not critically ill can be successfully treated in their homes, they argue, with a mix of telemedicine, home visits and bringing critical supplies of things like oxygen and medicine."
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is pure bullshit that pretty much says don't bother let them die.

SEVERE CASE MEANS PNEUMONIA + HIGH FEVER.
    A person in that situation can't be treated with "bringing critical supplies like oxygen and medicine"

Also about having hospitals designated only for covid19 who hasn't? Every country has already.IN THE BEGINNING.

After a point every hospital is a covid19 hospital or you just let every sick person die.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

He’s like 5’2

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This doesn't relate to the US but I found this thread interesting.

Yung-T, malakas and CCity Zero like this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, perfect

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of these people were in stores with multiple carts filled with pretty much nothing but toilet paper...their hoarding led to others rushing to the stores to go and fill up their carts with toilet paper as well

CCity Zero, Yung-T and YOLO like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

We stocked up on sanitisers, masks , medicine ,frozen food and tin cans 1.5 month ago.

I don't accept that this is selfish.
    Since then there were 7 weeks someone with a brain could have gone and bought his supplies.

I didn't even buy any TP because I didn't think there was going to be any such phenomenon.

People who are left without supplies that's their problem for being ignorant and stupid.

The information was available and anyone who cared had literally MONTHS to go and buy essential supplies.

I begged friends, relatives and acquintances for weeks to go and buy supplies but I was ignored.

Now they are left without masks and gloves.

CCity Zero and Nook like this.
  15. Newlin

Newlin Member

This bothers me. He’s doing exactly what our health experts are telling us not to do. He has absolutely no symptoms. He shouldn’t be tested by the guidelines the president and his experts have given us.

Why do I feel like wealthy people and politicians are being tested, while the average person finds it difficult to get tested?

CCity Zero, JeeberD, Nook and 2 others like this.
  16. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Someone sounds grumpy. Did you only find the prison quality toilet paper?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMO they are selecting whom they can save and whom they can't.

Make the hard call and live with it.

Tough situation down in Bergamo/Brescia....

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

people acting like hoarding on toilet paper is smart bc it keeps you from going to store. ummm no it doesn't. you know why you gotta go out and go to the store, bc you run out of the stuff that actually keeps you alive. you know the stuff that's not in those 2-3 carts you have that have nothing but rolls of tp. but nah toilet paper hoarding is the # 1 essential lmfao.

nvm all the people that decide to start washing hands all of a sudden bc they didn't before. but hey the shelves are stock full of gloves, something that's 10X's more useful at a time like this. you get a sense of how dumb the general public can be in times like this unfortunately.

CCity Zero, NotInMyHouse and Reeko like this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah that will change fast.
    Iceland has only 38 ventilators. And most of the population lives in Reyjavic. If they don't contain it will also blow up.

Now Sweden. They have taken no containment measures and hundreds of people still go skiing and have parties etc.
    I don't care what kind of healthcare system they have they will blow up too.

The Uk will blow up in the next 10 days and it will be worse than Italy because the NHS is in a horrible state, and they didn't take any measures.

Germany has a humoungus amount of ventilators and they haven't been overwhelmed yet. If they aren't overwhelmed then the death rate will remain low.
    They do lack doctors though.

AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

If your criteria is just let any severe case die in their home if they can't miraculously oxygenate themselves while suffering from pneumonia and high fever then there is no point of having hospitals at all.
    It's exactly the same as the "herd immunity" theory.

If he dies, he dies.

CCity Zero and Nook like this.