1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtside seats - or as close to.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Downtown Sniper, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for the possibly mundane question and the long read... But i'm definately coming over to America somewhere from November - February for 5 weeks.

One of the main reasons i'm coming is to attend some Houston Rockets games. I see a lot of fans complaining about the lower bowl section of the Toyota Centre and the corporate fans that operate down there.

I'm specifically saving a couple of thousand dollars for one game to get a seat as close to the court as possible. I'm not entirely sure what the price of the seats are that are between the bench and the scorers' table or even the several rows directly behind there.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone had any information as to how much these seats cost. Also, are these sold first and foremost to season ticket holders and than to the general public?

I'm not sure i'd be able to organise the buying of the ticket so close to the court a couple of months before the season (i will have to plan my travel arrangements once the new season schedule is announced because i don't obviously want to go see a lower rung team with those seats).

In saying that if the above about season ticket members getting tickets first is true - would there possibly be a member on the BBS who would be willing to sell me one ticket to a game against one of the top teams in the league (i understand how ridiculous that sounds but if something happens where you wont be able to attend the game i'd gladly pay for them... obviously you won't know if you'll be able to attend the game or not until a later date but you get the point)

Please check out the thread also in the Hangout in relation to my trip as well as there are more questions which aren't Houston Rockets related.

ANY - and i mean any information in regards to the tickets would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

2. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

3. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I believe courtside seats are at least $1000 each. Seats a bit farther back (maybe 5-10 rows) are relatively cheaper at around $125 each. Your best bet is to go to the Rockets website and look for the tickets section:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/index_main.html

4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

There really isn't bad seats in the Toyota Center. I've sat everywhere except courtside and I've never hated where I was. The only problems with lower bowl are the fans. Most people that have the close seats really don't care about the game. The real fans are the upper level. That's where all the poor people cheer. :grin:

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Thanks for the quick advice guys..
    I did email an address i found on the Rockets website in relation to the tickets but haven't heard a response in a week so not sure if i emailed the right person or not.

I REALLY want to be a part of the Red Rowdies for a game and sit with the 'regular' fans - IE the people who are there because they love the Rockets.
    I just want one game to be as close to the action as possible so i can say i've atleast experienced it...

If anyone knows first hand - if you go crazy down there...(because i'm extremely passionate) does security hate? Because if i was there i'd be yelling out screens on every play and cheering at absolutely everything... obviously complaining at the terrible calls too. Since i'm not Spike Lee or Jack will they remove me or will other fans complain?

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

As long as your not swearing at the refs or jumping on the court you should be fine. I've been on the 5th row and there are always people on courtside yelling at the other team. As long it's cheering you won't have problems.

7. comehere2

comehere2 Member

donate some to help others. :)

or you could buy 10+ cheaper ones, hand them out to total strangers... ;)

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I sat at one of the corners behind the board once during the Dream days. I had a hard time seeing what was going on around the paint area, mainly under the rims. Maybe it was just the Compaq center that was kinda weird, but the board and the pole with its pads were in the way of my vision.

I'm not sure if you'll have that problem at the Toybox though. I haven't sat anywhere near the corners after that day.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wasn't there a thread not too long ago about how sucky the Rowdies have become? About how unoriginal they are with their "who dat" stuff?

Like nickb492 has mentioned, as long as you're not vulgar and definitely not holding a big cardboard with your Clutchfans moniker on it trying to do shoutouts.

11. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

tl;dr

Fake edit: Forwarding screen name to FBI

12. JPhil93

JPhil93 Member

Depends on what you wanna do at the game. Front and center and you will most likely be surrounded by corporate business people playing brickbreaker on their black berries but i suggest you save your money and go upper bowl where the real fans are at. (with the exception of the rowdies whose place in toyota center is sacred)

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah, i wouldn't waste my time at courtside seats.

Club seats would be the way to go. They are cheaper and you can walk down before the game and watch the team shoot around.

Plus you could load up on all the Rockets stuff in the Rockets Shop.

14. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Prince Akeem?

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I used to get to sit courtside at the Summit a ton, I haven't done so at Toyota Center yet

16. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

The seats directly behind the courtside seats are great. They run about $175 for regular season games. We sit in the first row, but the view is slightly better a couple of rows up.

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

You could try houston craiglist classifieds or Flash Seats for Courtside or Club Level seats. You will find a good deal from season ticket holders there.

18. rox81

rox81 Member

Downtown Sniper, I've just sent you a PM. We can discuss dates/prices, etc. My seats are pretty good.

19. rox81

rox81 Member

Now it's saying you've disabled the "receive personal messages" feature. You can either disable it or lemme know your e-mail address and I'll send you some info.

My seats aren't courtside, but they're in the first row behind the Rox bench. If you're lucky, you can get courtside for about $600 for some games (from experience: Memphis, Toronto, Charlotte), but they'll usually run you about a grand. Whereas you can sit in the first 5 rows for under $200 most nights.

Maybe try courtside once and see how you like it, then realize you actually see the game better a few rows up. Just my two centavos.

20. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

#20 caffreys_irish_ale, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010