1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee should be playing back-up SF, not PG.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Dec 13, 2010.

1. G-Money

G-Money Member

Rockets should send Budinger down to the D-League to allow him to gain more confidence. And they should bring Ish Smith back into the rotation and allow Lee to play the back-up three behind Battier.

I mean realistically, can Lee being undersized at the three can be any worse on defense than Budinger? This also will allow Martin to play more minutes, because lately, Lee has been playing very well. Adelman seems real hesistant to playing both Martin and Lee at the same time, but it can't be any worse than Martin and Budinger. Plus Taylor has also been playing well and his defense isn't really all the bad.

Lowry/Smith
    Martin/Taylor
    Battier/Lee
    Scola/Hill/
    Hayes/Miller

Let's also not forget that per 48 minutes, Kevin Martin is 2nd in the league in scoring. Martin is averaging 32 minutes per game (Most top scorers are averaging 36 minutes) and is still top 10 in the league in scoring. This change will allow Martin to play more minutes, therefore, being more efficient for the team.

2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

im ok with this idea. id rather see JT get more PT than Bud.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need Lee's defense at the 1/2....and the rest of his game. He would be overwhelmed playing out of position at the three.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I somewhat agree with the bud to Dleague idea

but Lee is way too undersized to play the SF

with that said, Lee should only be playing pg for defensive purposes against people like Rose, Westbrook, Dwill etc. Otherwise our offence suffers way too much using him as pg

5. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Statiscally speaking, the chance of him getting injured would also increase if we we give him more minutes. Given the history of Kmart, I wouldn't give him more minutes since we have a campable backup for him in CL.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lee is not good at teh point? my suggestions are 100% money$ . Rick is just a straight up dumb ass.

1 person likes this.
  7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Why do the rockets want Lee to play PG? I guess they want to trade one of AB & Lowry. Otherwise, it is not very meaningful.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Did someone not watch Bud's latest game?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Brooks will be back soon enough.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I think RA is trying to preserve the functional use of the rotation. So mainly ensuring Kevin Martin, Lowry and Battier don't have to change much when AB comes back while giving Lee as many minutes as possible ...for now. We currently play 2 PG's. Currently, Lee is taking AB's minutes and Taylor is taking Lee's minutes. Once AB is back we'll still only play 2 PGs. At that point, he'll move Lee back to his natural position and somebody's minutes are gonna get severly limited. I assume Taylor will drop off the map and Courtney will play behind Martin.

SF is primarily Battier and Chase and won't change with AB's return. The only time that changes is if we have match-up problems, foul trouble or injuries in any given game. Generally, it's Shane and Chase.

11. Prince

Prince Member

I just want AB back.

JT is so very erratic player.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Experiments are Ok, especially when the team has been stuggling, but Lee at PG is a fail. He has no pg skills, zero, zilch.

13. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

did someone not watch all the games prior to saturday?

14. Sanity2disChaos

Why not just slide Lee to the SG and Martin to the SF...........Lee is more of a shooting guard anyway and Martin is tall enough to play SF.I would like that better than playing lee at the SF.....IT IS WRITTEN.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Martin would get raped in the ass guarding most 3's in this league

16. Sanity2disChaos

Sooooooo, whats new!!!?? That happens now anyways....

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't think that sending him the D league will make him a more confident player.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Budinger is a shooter. He's very likely to snap out of this funk. You don't make a thread suggesting he not just be benched, but sent to the dleague, after a game where he finally seems to be snapping out of it. You also don't complain about Lee being back up point when Brooks is close to returning. TERRIBLE timing all the way around.

19. AFS

AFS Member

He's had some success guarding the elite point guards of the league he played some point in college. If he's guarding the opposing PG, there's no room in the lineup for another PG as Lowry or Ish would be undersized to matchup with anyone else.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Said they wanted a bigger PG to defend bigger PGs in the league. Like Rose.