1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Courtney Lee is a keeper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryMVP, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Early in his career Lee has already proved the better the team, the better he is. And there appears to be much upside here as he develops.
    Trade Martin for the world and/or size.

2. Asian Sensation

For selfish reasons I'd hate to see him go to the Bulls or any other team and flourish. Worst case scenario I'd want equal value in terms of talent and potential. I'm not sure Asik would be FMV.

3. AggieRocketsFan

Actually, I think he would be even better with consistent starter minutes.

Kmart for 6th man!! ;)

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Asik does provide size, but will he be worth it? Hilton Armstrong also provided size.

I think we should trade Kevin Martin for either a closer, or a better big man.

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Agreed the guy is a great part of our future... One of Defense

6. megamind

megamind New Member

Lee finally realized that when he gets the ball he should try to score instead of passing it to his teammates, especially brooks, unless he is being double team. i think all the second unit should do the same. I think this would take the pressure off brooks b/c it is obvious he doesn't want to play the pg role, this would allow brooks to concentrate on his shooting the ball instead of being conflicted on whether to pass or shoot. Aldeman system doesn't work for the second unit.

7. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

As long as you don't like defense. The only position that would be above average on defense is SG. PF would be if Hayes started.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes, he is a keeper. someone to rebuild with. I am hoping that the only way Morey would move Lee is in a package for a superstar. I am not in favor of the Lee for Asik deal because filling our center void still does not make us contenders and i do not want to sacrifice a potential rebuilding chip just because we are desperate for a center to keep us competitive this year.

All of these people saying that the Asik trade is a no-brainer; I have a question for you. Is Asik our long-term answer at center? because if he is not, a Lee trade makes a whole lot less sense to me, seeing as Lee truly can be the long-term answer at the 2.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lee is a solid player, nothing special. He's a good athelete, not a great athlete in my opinion. He's good defender,not great. He's Aaron Affalo. Good solid 4th or 5th starter on a good team. Dime a dozen and thats why he will be traded alot in his career. Mle or under type of player.

10. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Yea Lee may have his flaws and such. But remember, this is only his 3rd year in the league. He is a GREAT piece to the future of this team. The rockets have been wanting him since the draft 3 years ago. So hopefully he only leaves in a Melo type deal. Not some Asik trash trade.

11. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

That not entirely true. Lee would be able to start for us because of his hustle and the abito knock down the open shot. His defense on starting is would be no different than Shabe on starting sf. Shane uses his smarts, lee uses his athletic abilities.

Now martin would be a much better player with a stronget staring line up

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You underrate Lee's athletic abilities.

Lee is easily one of the top athletes in this league, but he lacks the skills sets that make him an elite player.

The guy has speed, quickness and great body control in the air. He reminds me of Derrick Rose, especially with their exaggerated movement and swagger.

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If you look at Bulls boards, they're as high on Asik as we are on Lee....I just think with Martin, Lee is expendable, and with Noah coming back, Asik will be in similar position....thats why it makes sense for both parties....but whether or not its for Asik, my point was, Lee is good, but I would trade him for a young, defensive center.

As far as us trading Martin for a big, sure, I would do that too, but he's just so efficient, it will be really hard trading for a big who can make a difference on the defensive end like Martin does on offense....but yea, I would not mind that type of a deal either, but then that big better be damn good.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Could we trade Lee and get the big man that we need? If not, could we trade Martin and get the big man we need? I think Lee could do a good job as the starter, especially if we get an impact player at the center position. I would be perfectly comfortable trading Martin if that is what we need to do.

If we could get Omer Asik for Lee, what big man could we get for Martin?

15. houseofglass21

If we trade him to the Bulls we're gonna regret it. He's gonna be Derek Rose's right hand man over there. Not to mention C. Lee pretty much looks made for the Bulls uniform. He's gonna start beasting hardcore over there and we'll be saying "man we shouldn't have traded him".

16. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

NENE! :grin:

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

CLee on the Bulls would be a blessing for both Chicago and Courtney, your right he is made for Chicago. He won't put up killer stats but he will make some HUGE plays in the playoffs for them going up against Wade, Allen and Richardson. Bulls would be dumb not to up their offer unless they feel good about starting Anthony Parker or Keith Bogans against those guys?

18. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Nope, not even close. Lee put up very meh numbers on a bad team last year. Kevin Martin has always put up fantastic numbers on bad Kings teams.

KMart's scoring prowess >>>> Lee's 12-14 ppg, good defense (bad defense on taller SG's)

Shane, despite his limited offensive abilities, was brought in as our starting small forward because we had a lot of offensive power from Tracy/Yao. Lee is an average role player like Shane. It's absolutely silly to build a team with him as one of your "core players."

19. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Absolutly he is a keeper, the only people who hate on his game are the people that didn't see him play with the Magic, in the Finals and with the Nets last season. Only people that hate are those Houston Fans who don't know anything about scouting a player, there just your normal Nba fans, the ones you need to ignore. :cool:

20. rju1986

rju1986 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.