1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Court of Dreams Question.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by BigGuy45, Mar 30, 2012.

1. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

I have a piece of the 1995 Summit Court 443 out of 500 pieces, it is signed by Clyde Drexler, Hakeem Olajuwan, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, and Kenny Smith. it is certified and sealed by a notary and is in excelent condition. I was wondering what the value of said Item would be.

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I'll give you $100.00

3. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

While i appreciate the offer, drexlers signature alone on just a piece of court that wasnt used in a championship goes for 1500 this has the dream teams sigs on it. so im lookin for more than a hundred bucks.

serious offers only please.

4. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

also this piece of court was used in the 95 championship game. i will post pics soon.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What do you consider a "serious offer"? Are you in Houston?

And btw, nothing Drexler has signed is worth $1,500 unless it's a stack of $100 bills...

6. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Value is what a buyer is willing to pay for an item.....not what the seller is trying to sell it for.

Look on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAKEEM-OLAJ...207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415cccc63f

A piece of the summit floor signed by Drexler and Olajuwon authenticated by JSA and Tri-Star Productions for sale at $300. The seller has several of them, and he just accepted a "best offer" of $250.

Granted, its not a "Court of Dreams" commemorated piece and doesn't have as many autos as yours does, but its a good benchmark for what you can expect to get.

Good luck with your $600 asking price.

8. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I have one the court of dreams signed by hakeem and clyde.. I am curious also...

9. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

yeah mine is much more special than his.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The regular unsigned pieces go for $40, and the same place has them signed by hakeem for around $125 I believe. With all 5 signatures I would imagine it being worth around 400, no more than 500 to me. Good luck selling it.

11. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

what place is it that you went to? so i may see it because i have searched high and low for information on it and have not been able to find anything on it. and a piece such as this on a memorabilia website that i cant remember at the moment had a clyde drexler only signature for 1,500 so if you could provide me with the website you have found that would be appreciated.

and even 400-500 is a respectable offer.

12. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

I have also been to Tri-star's website and they have no info on it at all anymore, also just hakeems signature alone is worth 200. just being that i have 5 of the best players that ever graced the rockets team, i would imagine it would bring closer to 500 because its in fantastic condition as you can see from the pictures. and i dont know where your finding pieces of the old 1975 court still.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Olajuwon/Drexler Autographed Court of Dreams for $180:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olajuwon-Dr...492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372c4c61c

Olajuwon Autographed Court of Dreams for $130:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakeem-Olaj...296?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5892a1bd20

I bought an unsigned Court of Dreams piece for $40 last year from that guy.

14. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

yeah i have seen those as well, however mine seems to be more rare than that one, because there were only 500 of what i have made, and i have number 445 of 500 so that fact that its more rare, increases the value, at least thats what an appraiser told me.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That's absolutely correct. A 500 production run and the added signatures does increase the value.

But an Olajuwon/Drexler autographed COD is worth $180. How much do you really think a COD autographed by Olajuwon/Drexler/Horry/Cassell/Smith is worth considering the fact that Smith/Horry/Cassell aren't marquee names?

I personally wouldn't pay more than $300.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Very cool! I have a piece of plywood signed by Zan Tabak from 1994. I met him at Home Depot. Unfortunately, my memorabilia is not for sale.

17. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

well im taking it in to the local sports shop when his sports appraiser comes in, and about 2 years ago i was offered 600 for it and wasnt at a point where i was wanting to sell it, I dont need the money at all really so i feel 300 is a little on the low side, im not gonna let it go for less than 400 because its 1 of 500 with 2 HoF inductees along with the other 3 autographs, on a piece of the original summit court. and everyone else has been able to show me everything except what i have. so that tells me its very rare.

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Yours definitely is worth more if it's from a 500 piece set as a opposed to the thousands of regular unsigned pieces. The store is Houston Sports Connection off of Westheimer close to Dairy Ashford I think. You'd have to look up his number and call him or go in person.

19. BigGuy45

BigGuy45 Member

Awesome thanks rick, ill check them out as well.