1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

True - Noah is definitely overrated - but I think he's a very good fit next to Love since he's a very good defender and a good passer out of the post.

I think both teams in that deal would also benefit from sending Kevin Martin to Chicago.

The only concern would be if Minnesota actually has any use for Taj Gibson. He's contract is not great for a rebuilding team.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns interested in Love deal w/best assets Dragic, Bledsoe &amp; picks.NBA sources say it will take full max deal to control free agent Bledsoe.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/475398101302128640">June 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Would you guys offer Bledsoe the max?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Yes. Bledsoe is a max guy.

PHX offering both Goran and Bledsoe or just one of them?

The issue with both is whether they would agree to stay in MIN long term.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Bledsoe is barely 6ft. Only 1 guy like that is worth max and his name is Allen Iverson.

1 person likes this.
  6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

OK, so Flip confirming that Love is leaving.

7. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Member
    Supporting Member

Lol @ Flip Saunders.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

[​IMG]

9. meh

meh Member

Bledsoe may not be a usable trade piece because there may exist a team willing to give him the max that doesn't reside in one of the coldest states in the US. If no one's willing to pay him max, and Minnesota's willing, then he becomes useful.

Dragic's problem as a trade piece is that he has the player option next season. One which he's guaranteed to exercise. So he can jump ship after one year with the Wolves having nothing to show for it.

This might be my Rockets bias showing, since I want Love to go to Chicago to take our biggest Melo competitor off the table. But a slew of picks, Boozer's expiring, Butler and rights to Mirotic(?) seems like the best deal they can get. Besides, white Euros seems to be a theme with the Wolves.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dragic/Bledsoe have proven to be more successful than Kevin love, not sure why they do that trade unless they are only giving one of then up

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No chance the Suns move Dragic and Bledsoe for him. Love has shown he can't carry a team as the #1 guy. No way they give up both for him.

12. basketballholic

So let's examine Dragic/Bledsoe.

Dragic has one year before he can essentially be a free agent..just like Love. That wouldn't represent value for Minny. Dragic is going to go into free agency and secure a long-term deal from somebody. Minnesota might as well keep Love.

Now Bledsoe. Bledsoe is restricted. Bledsoe would have to agree to go to Minny or a 3rd team that would yield up assets to Minny for Love in a sign-and-trade. Orlando perhaps???? #4????

Now.....that is very, very interesting. Love for #4. #4 for a re-signed Bledsoe maxed out?????

I think Orlando MIGHT do that. I think Minny would PROBABLY do that. It gives them #4 plus the ability to sign Pau plus the cap space to sign Marc Gasol in 2015.

But would PHX really deal Bledsoe for Love with no assurances that Love would walk away from them?

If I'm Flip....I'm doing that deal. If I can get #4 for Bledsoe...it's done.

If I'm Orlando....I think long and hard about it...especially if Exum is OFF the board at #4 and even if Exum is on the board at #4 I'm still thinking long and hard about doing it.

If I'm PHX.....I just don't know.

But it's a very interesting possibility.

13. ArtV

ArtV Member

Yes I'm not sure Love is going to want to stay in phx if they trade all their good players to get him.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Is there anyway PHX could keep dragic and bledsoe and still get Love? Because I think they need all 3 of those guys to really do well enough in the West. I know they have a ton of picks.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Member

First then didn't give him a max 5 year contract because they don't think he's the franchise player they need (might be true but still, you lock up 1B when you don't have a 1A), then they insult him in the media... well done.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Morey saw the quote of Flip's comment about Love and immediately thought of a great song by Ms. Bonnie Raitt, whilst rubbing his hands and cackling like a loon. Lyrics below:

Don't have to humble yourself to me
    I ain't your judge or your king
    Baby, you know I ain't no Queen of Sheba
    We may not even have our dignity,
    This could be just a powerful thing
    Baby we can choose, you know we ain't no amoeba

Are you ready for the thing called love?
    Don't come from me and you, it comes from up above
    I ain't no porcupine, take off your kid gloves

I ain't some icon carved out of soap
    Sent here to clean up your reputation
    Baby, you know you ain't no Prince Charming
    We can live in fear or act out of hope
    Some kind of peaceful situation
    Baby, how come the cry of love is so alarming

Ugly ducklings don't turn into swans
    Glide off down the lake
    Whether your sunglasses are off or on
    You only see the world you make

Are you ready for it?

Are you ready for it

Are you ready for love, baby
    Oooh, yeah babe
    Are you ready for Love!

17. Raven

Raven Member

Minny is just a screwed up franchise. It's always something with them. It's like they invent new ways to implode every single year.

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Kevin Love says he just wants to win

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xCq81OaBqd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kW-ZLoq-IME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aba6bM6mh0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TABL5oMbyXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#318 redhotrox, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  19. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Unless Minnesota gets a superstar to pair with Love there is a 110% chance K-Love will enter Free Agency.

Kevin Love is already 25 and wants that 5th year in his contract. He will pull a Melo or VC and try to force a trade to Golden State.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Re: Love - Talked D. Lee awful contract w/ Mackey &amp; Judd on Wed. Conjecture: contract a lot easier to absorb if send Martin's out. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves&amp;src=hash">#Twolves</a></p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/477551822127628288">June 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>