1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Couldn't resist posting this

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BasketballReasons, Jun 8, 2011.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

With the Scottie Pippen allegations, and with Lebron's recent Finals performance, I just couldn't resist posting this video.
    Plus, its awesome.

(recommend watching in HD and full screen)

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7WR86xLSITc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

enjoy

1 person likes this.
  2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If you want to be compared to his Airness, you better be the lead dog while winning those rings. Kobe, you're disqualified.

3. clippy

clippy Member

Magic was better than MJ and he didn't win all of his rings as the "lead dog".

Big aggreeement on Therapist24 though.

4. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

MAGIC WAS BETTER THAN JORDAN :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?????????? Wow clippy i think your smoking something.

5. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, I know it's not the consensus opinion but I watched them both and that's the way I saw it. Magic was just incredible.

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

This has been debated multiple times, but who was a better player? Olajuwon or Shaq? Shaq has more titles so by default he was better than Olajuwon...right?

Everyone agrees, right?

I didn't think so. Same argument for LBJ vs. Jordan.

7. Prince

Prince Member

So MJ quit his former team and joined Chicago to play with the great Pippen so he can win a ring.... :rolleyes:

8. clippy

clippy Member

If the Bulls hadn't been lucky to draft (actually trade for) Pippen, you betcha that MJ would have bolted. He was too competitive to be mired on a crappy team his whole career (which he was in the early part).

9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

your are such an idiot sometimes

10. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

so clippy WTF does Magic say MJ is the best, and then there are the others.

11. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

you have so much fail it's not funny

please go on and say that Pippen was almost as good as MJ... please clippy. i need some more of your worthlessness

12. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

just hilarious. When did MJ ever defer to Pippen to take over a game? Or when did Pippen ever win a finals MVP (like dwade will win if the heat win)?:rolleyes:

13. clippy

clippy Member

I am not sure what you are arguing here. All I said was that MJ would have left Chicago if they didn't improve through trade and/or the draft, because he wouldn't want to be on 40 win teams his whole career while Magic, Bird, and Isiah were winning all the titles. If you actually watched the games and listened to the media in the 80s, this was pretty common knowledge. MJ was thought of as a ballhog who could never win, and these other guys were consumate team players.

LeBron and Wade are a lot more similar in talent level and roles than Pippen and Jordan were. Their numbers for both the regular and post-seasons are similar. Wade is having a much better Finals, and I'm not going to try to rationalize LeBron's awful game 4. But you could make the same argument against Wade in the last series, where he was even worse than LeBron has been in the Finals. These guys need each other to win, just like MJ needed Pippen. That's it.

14. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Clippy you are pulling things out of your ass.

How can you say MJ would have left chicago and quit on the bulls? He never showed any indication of quitting. You can say you think he might have quit on chicago if they continued to lose, but there is no proof of this. And your opinion is only as good as anyone elses.

LBJ did quit on his team, his city, and left to join another superstar since he could not do it on his own. There is no comparison.

Pippen is a ungrateful SOB for claiming LeBron is better than Jordan. Jordan got pippen 6 rings and a ton of money. Of course, we all saw Pippen's character in Houston, so this should be no surprise to us.

15. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

all clippy can say is

IF BUT WOULD HAVE SHOULD COULD HAVE BUT IF IF BUT IFF

16. what

what Member

Clippy is sippy on tha whiskey

17. clippy

clippy Member

You are correct; I can't say for sure. However, consider the facts:
    1) Jordan is one of the most competitive players ever and HATED losing.
    2) Jordan didn't get along with Krause, and held a vendetta for the Oakley-Cartwright trade.
    3) Jordan didn't get along with Collins.
    4) Jordan was, contrary to popular belief, involved in trade discussions as late as '88, which may indicate mutual disatisfaction.

People make Jordan out to be some kind of God but until he started winning in the 90s his reputation was of an extremely talented primadonna who would never compete with the big guns. Chicago drafted well and put a good coach and system in place and that all changed. I don't think it's a stretch to say that if they hadn't, they wouldn't have won and subsequently Jordan may have left. Either that, or he would have ended up like Nique or Drexler, and I think he's too competitive for that.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right now Lebron isn't even the best player on his team.

19. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Clippy, I see your point. MJ was super competitive. And to be fair, he did not play in an era where free agent moves were as common.

Eh, Lebron is still a douche for what he did to Cleveland.

20. watashi315

watashi315 Member

After watching 4 games in the Finals so far, I'm convinced Lebron is all hype. Hype from LBJ fans, Miami fans, Nike, media, etc. Like someone previously mentioned, he's not even the best player on his team!! Looking at the last decade, I would put Wade at a much higher position than Lebron. This is even the case today.

At no time in Lebron's career has he ever dominated like MJ. He has his moments where is he unstoppable...but they come and go. Last night was a good example of Lebron, well, going. He went so far out, he never found his way back.

Until I see Lebron consistently dominating on the basketball court and controlling the outcome of the game with his talent, he, to me, is no more than a freak of nature highlight reel.

MJ...well...the guy is on a whole different level. Forget the fact that he has 6 rings. He dominated the courts for almost 2 decades. As Larry Bird once said, Jordan is God in a pair of sneaker (something like that).