1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could you beat the Heat or Pacers with an all star team with players from the other 13 teams?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by torque, Dec 9, 2013.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

"Could you beat the Heat or Pacers with an all star team with players from the other 13 teams?"

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Lol at failed reading comprehension.

3. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Some people haven't passed preschool yet and don't understand the meaning of "or."

But who let those people post on the internet?

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

The East is weak, but best team in the NBA is still in the East... for now.

Miami Heat but Pacers might give them a run for their money. Perhaps a new team may rise from the West this year. Rockets maybe?

5. Asian Sensation

The Heat took time to get their chemistry down and gel as well.

Anyways, I don't think any combination of those players could beat the Heat. Especially any team with Carmelo Anthony. No NBA team with Anthony is ever going to win anything significant. EVER.

This is just a testament to how young, injured and sorry the East is in it's current state. It's the end of an era with guys like KG and Pierce running on fumes.

6. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

There is only so much ball to go around. After a certain point, adding another ball hungry player does nothing. That isn't to say with a GREAT coach, the point of plateau doesn't move up to the 9th player rotation.

That being said, 20 mins per game no one can stop Lebron.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

With LeBron playing point, Wade SG and George SF. They are great offensively and defensively. Actually I think you can't beat that lineup with any combination of players from other 28 teams.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Before anyone starts with reading comprehension garbage and whatnot, I know that's not on topic. It just got me thinking how dominant Pacers and Heat are right now.

9. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

this would be a fun team to watch.

10. Lovemachine2000

I beg to differ. Just from the West alone:

CPIII/Curry
    Harden/Thompson
    Durant/Iggy
    Love/Aldridge
    Howard/Duncan

This team would crush the Indy&Miami line-up, especially with the bigs.

11. StandontheLake

Obviously, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Obviously. I'd do Lin and Asik for Kyrie in a heartbeat. Parsons for Kyrie, definitely. Parsons + Lin or Asik, definitely. But Asik + Lin + Parsons for Kyrie? I'm not sure.

You need to check some stats man, not just watch highlight videos. Wall and Irving have some really nice skills, but it's not just about having an awesome spin move, it's about being able to translate said move into consistently efficient production.

Neither wall nor Kyrie are there yet.

Last year had a basically average TS% of 55%. So far this year, 48%. (his turnover rate is nice and low though.
    Last year, Wall had 52.1% TS. So far this year, 51%. (he also keeps the TO low, which is nice.)

For reference, 53% is average, 60% is really good, 64% and up is elite/fantastic.

Like I said, they're not great YET. They both have tons of talent, and can hopefully become great. They're also incomplete as players so far. Wall has that sketchy jumper, and Kyrie is a horrible defender (don't need to check any stats for that, just watch a Cavs game for 5 minutes)

That I'd be willing to trade players who honestly have more of a track record of being good at helping win basketball games is a testament to how highly I regard their talents.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

with chemistry and a good coach of course. i dunno why im reading posts that agree with charles.

13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Nah, I don't think so. MIA and IND sports more of two-way players (LeBron, Wade, PG, Bosh) than there are in your lineup. I mean Harden, Durant and Love are great on offense, but their defense is not on par with their offensive skills. Howard would shut down Hibbert, but Hibber would do the same to Howard. CP3 is the only true two-way player here.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

In NBA 2k maybe. Chemistry and coaching has too much to do with a winning team.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

In NBA 2k maybe. Chemistry and coaching has too much to do with a winning team.

16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

No team with Melo will ever win anything significant.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um, no you won't crush the Indy/Miami team. At all. In fact MiaIndy would crush that team instead. The difference is Mia-Indy is well balanced, Hibbert/Bosh/LBJ/PG/Wade are all good defenders, while LBJ and PG are both known as two of the best ISO/one-on-one unstoppable scorers in the league. On the other hand, the Western team has horrible defenders at the PG, SG and PF spots, while KD is only an average defender and Iggy is only an average offensive player.

So what will happen here LBJ/Wade/Paul George/Bosh will be able to exploit their man on offense, while they can still hold their own on defense. I give the center spot to TD or DH, however Roy Hibbert isn't that bad himself defensively.

And that's just the starters, when you factor in the bench it gets a bit sillier because you can put Battier in the lineup:

LBJ-Paul George-Battier-Bosh-Roy Hibbert

^Seriously, how many points do think LBJ will score against CP3/Curry? Unlike LBJ, there isn't an SF in the West whom you can expect to handle the ball and make plays for everyone like he does. You can argue that you can the SF guy of the west deal with Bron but then Battier can post up the pg who is guarding him.