1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Torres be our SF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hydra, Apr 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Hydra

Hydra Member

Oscar was playing well when givin the minuts at the beginning of the year. Could he man the small forward spot for us?
    Francis, Minnie
    Cat, Francis
    Torres, Cat, Griffin, Draft Pick, Ballboy, Rice, Langhi, RM95, LHutz, Morris
    Taylor, Griffin
    Cato, (MING), Collier

2. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he could, Rudy would have played him. Rudy is a good judge of talent and he saw OT every day. Additionally, Torres's play at the end of the year was very erratic. I am sure he is a nice guy, but sorry - apparently he is not good enought to plug one of the biggest holes on one of the weakest teams in the league.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I really hope not...I mean, I rememebr at the beginning of this past year he was supposed to be a pleasant surprise. He's an average NBA player at best and should be relegated to the 7th or 8 th man role.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck yes he could be the SF, he is big, and plays smart. OT would be a LOT better player if he were on a team that shared the basketball.

OT was just a rookie, and he is a more versatile Shandon Anderson.

He would be great as a 6th man if he can learn to get going without having to start.

DaDakota

5. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

It seems like Oscar is too slow afoot to see starters minutes at the small foward position. When it comes to lateral quickness, the small fowards of today are much much to fast for him. Oscar can blow by most in a sprint but it seems like he has Jason Collier like mobility while trying to defend during half court sets. He has such a smooth stroke though you'd have to think that Rudy will always have a spot for him somewhere on the roster.

6. Live

Live Member

Nothing personal, but I hope not!

Oscar's future is as a backup SG.

7. Tmo

Tmo Member

I don't know, I think Tmo belongs at least @ #9 on the depth chart. Hutz kind of has a bad attitude, IMO.

8. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I don't know if Rudy's that good a judge of talent, he passed on Rashard Lewis and took those other losers a few years back... :)

Rudy doesn't mind erratic play from his favorites. I think he's just afraid of changing too much and hurting his player's feelings.