1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could the Texans trade for Melvin Gordon?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....Yeah....ok. Players are not going to come here if they hate the coach. Take off your blinders.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Well... to be fair, it was a dumbass question seeing as the answer was blindingly obvious*. So please forgive me that because "Ah! Of course: Deshaun Watson!" didn't immediately pop into your brain and stop you from posing the question, I assumed it was rooted in the widespread toxicity here around BO'B.

* +, beyond Watson - and I feel silly having to mention this - but, uhm... they were 11-5 last year. Players, generally, want to plays for winners.

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This is his last year this is his 5th year option currently but yes chargers can still franchise tag him but they won’t.

He will be FA this offseason.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's not saying much because players won't always know they hate playing for a coach until they play for that coach. Especially if that coach tends to put players in a dog house and will cut you off in a hot minute. For instance, I'm sure Aaron Colvin thought he loved playing for Bill O'Brien when he signed with Houston.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone assumes players want to play with Deshaun, which could and I hope would be the case BUT the way the front office is, who knows what these players think of this organization.

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

except for the fact that there have been top line players like gordon and ramsey who have said they would play in houston and players like honey badger who picked texans over other teams

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Honeybadger I understand but he did leave the very next year.

Ramsey: how serious is he about coming to Houston. Nowadays players have the power so if he wants to come here, he’ll actually come.

Gordon is clearly what started this conversation so I’m saying that I realize that.