1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could the signing of Pops Mensa-Bonsu means we're going to get Ramon Sessions?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Melechesh, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

With Pops Mensa-Bonsu coming in, we will have 17 players on the payroll. What comes next is to waive James White and do a 2-for-1 trade.

Why doesn't Morey complete that 2-for-1 trade before he signs Pops? For some reason someone on our team can't be deal yet imo. IFRC, we matched the offer sheet Landry signed with the Bobcats sometime around September last year. Whatever the date is, that's when we're allowed to trade Landry this year.

There were rumors about Rockets' interest in Sessions. The problem is we don't have enough money to offer Sessions after we used part of the MLE on Andersen, Taylor and Budinger. Since the Bucks are not keeping Sessions anyway provided Sessions receives a generous offer and they need a PF after losing Charlie V, a Landry plus Barry package could entertain them. The Bucks signs Sessions with a contract the scale of which is similar to the full MLE, then trade him to the Rockets.

How's that? Could be nothing more than a wild speculation though. :D

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

What does Pops contract look like, was the rest of the MLE used to sign him?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

nothing is carved in stone yet.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's fun to speculate. I just won't get my hopes up. Landry or brooks would have to be part of this deal though. I'm not completely sold on Session's though, sorry.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

In all speculation, if there is a move for Sessions, I would expect Landry to be part of the deal. Afterall he's from Milwaukee.

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The famous quote from Fred Flintstone.

7. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Interesting thought but it would really be just a wild speculation. Morey probably has something up his sleeve but I believe He is still weighing things or is trying to play the field.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Original thought...and oft repeated on the board thruout the Pops thread, and many others.. :D .

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Man... what is up with the love of Ramon Sessions in GARM? Who cares about this nut? Aaron Brooks will be better than Ramon Sessions when all is said and done... people are overrating this guy.

10. alethios

alethios Member

Who do we have starting for SG? Taylor, the rook? Sure, we can roll AB into that position, but he's undersized for SG and Barry is not the answer, either. And the Answer is not the answer, just say no to that.

Since Tmac is a ? for the 1st half of the season, what we should be shoring up is the SG position. I read Courtney Lee is not happy in NJ - maybe we can S/T him here.

Morey, get us a SG quick!

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The GARM is such crap...

Will we be contenders?

Is Ramon Sessions on his way?

Tmac getting angry at Mutombo?

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Maybe we're trying to get Chris Bosh? Hell, maybe even LeBron? I don't see the purpose of this thread, Its already been cleared up Sessions+Houston don't exist.

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Lousy off season. Isn't it? :D

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Remember, if we get a Sessions for 5-6 mil, thats 5-6 mil less you have to offer a Wade or a Bosh next year....I doubt this Pops dude is getting anything guaranteed after this year. Thus, I'd rather go there with Brooks and Lowry and test out their full potential.

15. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

" what is up with the love of Ramon Sessions in GARM? Who cares about this nut? Aaron Brooks will be better than Ramon Sessions when all is said and done... people are overrating this guy."

Aaron Brooks will never be better than Ramon Sessions, he will never be as big because of genetics and will never be as great a distributor because of skill. They are both great scorers, Ramon more of a slasher, and Brooks more of a shooter. I'd take Ramon over Brooks 10 times out of 10. Not saying Brooks is bad, but Ramon is someone who could come in and man the point and you wouldn't see nearly as many trade topics involving him as you do Brooks. Why do you think so many people want to get rid of Brooks, don't say the grass is greener on the other side because believe me no one in New Orleans or Utah wants to get rid of their guards.

16. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

Look on the bright side, this debate is so much better than this one: Who should start this season: Matt Maloney or Bryce Drew?

Oh offseason, how we love thee...

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Brooks is a better scorer period. Only thing Sessions has over brooks is height and a better assist man.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If Barry retires and James White is waived, they will be at 15 without a need to trade. I don't see how signing Pops means we get Sessions.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You make it sound bad to have a PG with better assists than scoring. :confused:

Sessions over Brooks.

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I like Brooks aggressiveness over Session distribution skills