1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could the Rockets get Yi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRowdy111, Jul 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Yi a possibility?

I think he would head out West if he was traded. Not sure Houston has the tools to get a deal done.

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I've said this before in other threads: Why would Yi want to come to Houston and be overshadowed by Yao? He's going to want to go to a team where he can flourish and try to become someone on his own. (Like the Bucks, but noooooooo.)

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

why we need this dumbass? why? He's immature, stupid to say the least, lie with his age, plus his ex-team tries to control him. NO thanks.

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I could see him going to a GS, Clips, Lakers, or even Sac. I got a feeling he is gonna be a Cali kid.

I think that Houston still needs some work at the PF. I'm not quite as optimistic as everyone else about Scola. I think he will be decent, but not as lavish as the board is trying to make him out to be. Yi and Scola would be a great front court.

5. howe070523

howe070523 Member

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

I mean, all this Yi (and his ex-CBA team) vs Bucks show has already damaged his image. Even he is finally traded to a team he wants to go, his image has already been damaged. I just don't understand why he and his ex-CBA team think it deserves to do all these efforts to damage his image :D

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i think you might be the first person to even think of this as a possibility...

I mean this is really thinking outside the box...

brilliant!

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

according to CBA rules. No 2 chinese players can play for the same American team because of CBA regulation 2.34.28 version B.

Coincidentally 2.34.25 which happens to precede 2.34.26 says u can only get married on a Gov't approved date. Also known as the Yao marriage rule.

the one right after 2.34.26 says u must heal gov't prescribed rate. Also known as the Yao Ankle rule

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

At this point, Scola >>>>>>>>> Yi

10. KoolfuZ

KoolfuZ Contributing Member

I LOVE this idea. We would be UNSTOPPABLE.

S Francis / Sun Y
    K Bryant / R Artest
    R Lewis / L Odom
    K Garnett / Yi JL
    Wang ZZ

... Wait, where am I?

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

somewhere where your talking about "Wang"

12. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

Yi's baggage aside...

1. Scola >>>> Yi
    2. Even if Scola won't meet all the hype we Rockets fans has generated, he'll still do a better job than a developing Yi. We need immediate help, not a developing 19 (or 23) yr old PF.

However I will agree though that Yi's style is a better fit to complement Yao (if Yi ever realizes even half of his potential) than Scola is. Yi is more athletic, a better rebounder and shotblocker than Scola.

13. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

We don't need Yi, he's still all potential right now and the price won't be right.

14. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Yi should end up going to LA or GS, we don't need him for anything

15. allforone

allforone Member

yes, we could.....
    and why ? sign him under the " play me the starting PF ,or my club will haunt you down " statement?

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

Whom he thinks he is?? He's nobody yet, and he thinks all the nba teams should revolve around him? what piece of bullshiitttt ...

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm not sure why everyone is harping on Yi.

Didn't he say he wanted to play for Milwaukee? Isn't it China that is saying "whoa, hold on there..."

China might love the twin Chinese towers playing together.

How about Landry and Lucas and a future First Rounder for Yi and considerations (i.e. Round Two pick).

18. JD317²

JD317² Member

I wouldn't want Yi here anyway.
    If i was nearly good enough to be in the NBA i wouldn't care who i'd play for.. I'd play for CHARLOTTE! and since I'm hispanic i wouldn't start telling teams i dont want to play there because there isn't a high hispanic population. That's one of the stupidest reasons ever.
    Alot of players play in cities were its not very multi-cultural..

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's ZERO chance of it happening. If the Bucks were to trade him, there are better suitors both for Yi's marketing value and the Bucks in terms of players in return. The Rockets have neither the players for the Bucks nor the right situation for Yi to make the trade happen.

That said, unlike most posters, I feel Yi would be great for the Rockets under the tutelege of Yao. It seems fans don't rate him very high, but like Yao, he can grow quite well with the right NBA coaching/training regimen.

20. Dei

Dei Member

If we're trying to pry away a PF away from Milwaukee, it may as well be Bogut or Villianueva. Something like: Head + Alston + Lucas + Snyder for Bogut (works salary wise).