1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Rockets Could Join LAL-ORL Trade as 3rd Team Once Again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We all know HOU-LAL-NO Cp3 trade is history. And it's almost inevitable the Lakers would push hard to acquire Dwight from Orlando given that it just shed some salary to by trading Odom to Dallas.

Now, Morey would obviously look at all his options and one of those is to get in on the Dwight to LA deal. Most insiders are saying that the deal would be Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Hedo.

This is where we come in. Morey really wants to acquire Gasol and have enough cap space to sign Nene or make a run at DeAndre or even Marc Gasol.

The offer would still be similar to the CP3 to LA trade which fell apart. And i'm almost certain Morey would want to deal Martin and Scola after all this. Plus the fact that we lost our starting center to SAC.

The Deal:

Lakers get Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu

Magic receives Andrew Bynum, Luis Scola, Kevin Martin (+ picks or young players they would be interested in)

Rockets receive Pau Gasol

Would Orlando be interested? Maybe. All they really wanted was to get Bynum and dump Hedo's contract. They don't seem that interested in Pau Gasol. If they don't want both Martin and Scola then Morey could still come up with a package of young players + Scola or Martin enough to create room to make an offer to acquire Nene, DeAndre, or Marc Gasol.

Some of you might suggest, why not make a run for CP3 or Dwight ourselves? The problem is, they aren't interested in coming to Houston. The Lakers know that Houston is a willing partner as they have been teaming up for the past few days.

All we could do now is hope for the best and trust Morey to pounce on the next opportunity he sees.

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

damn..we should be a direct trader and not a 3rd party trader.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

too much to give up for the lake show

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I highly doubt Lakers would want to trade both Pau and Bynum

5. Raven

Raven Member

Any trade that helps the Lakers get a superstar is a trade that we should be trying to block not assist!

6. Timein

Timein Member

^ YEAH block the trade so Miami or Dallas have a higher chance to win the championship! YEAHhhhh!

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

LOL! They would be getting Dwight Howard!!!

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

odom is gone. with gasol out they have no body at the 4 unless they get someone else in return as well.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Who do you suggest they offer for the best Center in the NBA?

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

How about no team help the lakers, but 2 of the other 27 teams help the nets get Dwight. I'd be much happier if the nets get Howard rather than the lakers.

Anything to bring down the lakers for a couple years post-kobe era and finally be on the losing side.

11. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Honestly, I dont know. The move to dump Odom's salary looks like they want to build a frontcourt of Pau and Dwight.

I'm not sure but thats just how it looks to me :\

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You're right. Stern would definitely approve a deal of Bynum for Dwight and Hedo.

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

He doesn't really have a say in it because he doesnt own Orlando. If he pulls another basket ball reasons bull****, he can't defend that crap anymore because the NBA doesnt have ownership.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Helping the Lakers get Paul could mean blocking them from getting Howard. Sure, Orlando wants to send him to the west, but is overpaid, injury prone Andrew Bynum more appealing than Brook Lopez?

I prefer Paul in LA over Dwight in LA.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Bynum Scola and Kevmart would be more appealing than Lopez.

A starting lineup of Jameer, Kevmart, Richarson, Scola, Bynum aint bad at all.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

There's something wrong when:

Dwight Howard costs only Andrew Bynum (plus absorbing Turkoglu's contract but then you get a player, too)

but

Pau Gasol costs Kevin Martin and Luis Scola and young players or picks or both... GEEZ

Howard is younger and better but less of a burdensome transaction. That is screwy.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Exactly.

I don't even see a reason why it matters which conference he goes to if they're not contending for a while.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Helping the Lakers get Paul is one thing. Helping the Lakers get the best center in the NBA when the Rockets don't have a center is another thing. Especially when the Rockets have Lowry who can guard Paul. I seriously doubt Morey wants to play against Howard any more than he has too.

NeNe, Patterson, Morris, and maybe Monty if they want him for Dwight. Add in the Rockets trade exceptions for any contracts the Magic don't want and I think we have a great offer.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

How did we get Nene?

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Isn't he still up for grabs?