1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Morey's plan be to somehow get Dwight and JSmith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mark, Feb 15, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Why... Neither one of those guys have legitimate low post games and Smith likes to play like he's a shooting guard and jack up jumpers all day...

2. allaroundplayer

A lot of people are not in favor of getting Josh Smith, but last week, it was rumored that the Spurs, a team that knows what it is doing, was interested in trading for him.

Also the last two games by Smith:

30 points (13-20), 10 rebounds, 5 assists @ ORL
    26 points (10-15), 13 rebounds, 6 assists @ DAL

3. jae713

jae713 Member

Am I the only one that thinks Dwight would be tailored made for our team. If our guys can make Asik look somewhat decent on offense, imagine how Dwight would look. Easy passes, lobs, and dunks all game long. Not to mention the spacing our players can provide Dwight can have the inside all to himself. Count me in on any Dwight trade.

4. allaroundplayer

Since Asik's offense has really been improving, and the defense of Howard is a HUGE DROPOFF from Asik, I doubt Morey would consider him for one second.

5. jae713

jae713 Member

[​IMG]

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've never understood why people don't like josh smith. I agree he's not a Max player, but he's a $12 mil a year player.

Last year he averaged 19/10, 4 dimes, and 2 blocks and 1.5 steals per 36 minutes. He's a very good defender and he's a strong post player. He's not gonna stretch the court as well as some other players, but he can hit 15 footers. I'd be psyched if we found a way to fit both Smith and Howard under the cap. No idea if that's possible, but if you could get Smith to sign for $12, we might have a chance. I'm assuming Asik or Lin would have to go.

7. allaroundplayer

Howard is sadly more or less disabled. Greg Smith far outplayed him when the Lakers were last in Houston.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Morey ain't bout that life!

10. allaroundplayer

It's true. Opposing teams really have their way scoring on the inside against the Lakers. Howard bares no resemblance to the dominant defensive player and rebounder he used to be in Orlando. First, he wanted a bigger role in the offense, then he requested to be traded. These disruptions saw his commitment to defense decline I believe even before his back injury.

11. jae713

jae713 Member

Saying the 3 time DPOY is a huge dropoff from Asik sounds a little ridiculous. I know Dwight isn't playing like himself right now, but I think he will return to his former self eventually. Heck, as bad as he is playing now he is still playing better than Asik.

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Josh smith max salary= fail

13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

guy is recovering from back surgery and has a injured shoulder and STILL leads the league in rebounding and embarasses Asik both time we played LA hmmmmm

14. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Rockets dont need Howard...He can't really guard guys bigger than he is.Asik is filling the void just fine and getting better..Dwight has 0 offensive skills,and no signs whatsoever of improvement.I bet "The Birdman put up better numbers than Howard this season..

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So Greg smith is far better than Howard! Why get Howard when we already have the cheaper and better player!

16. jae713

jae713 Member

Howard is the type of player that dominates the league when he is at full health. Asik will never be more than a solid role player.

17. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Howard is far from full health,and before the injury there where no signs of improvement.It was the usual dunk or rebound..Would you really like seeing Rockets loose from a HAck a Dwight..

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

He may be playing better than Asik but he's not playing $20 million better than Asik...

19. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Asik's number are better than Howards.and will continue to rise..Dont forget hes a first year starter

20. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I agree. All this time in the league and Howard has never developed his offensive game.